It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S.Korea raises it's sunken warship, finds clues on sinking! (pic)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22ca9cb79051.jpg[/atsimg]

(Reuters) - South Korea on Saturday raised the front half of a warship that exploded and sank a month ago near a contested sea border with North Korea, finding clues that support growing suspicions Pyongyang attacked the vessel.

The 1,200-tonne corvette Cheonan sank in what military officials said was likely a torpedo attack. Forty-six South Korean sailors were killed in what could be one of the deadliest strikes by Pyongyang on its rival since the end of the 1950-53 Korean War. The North has denied involvement.

Here's the kicker:

South Korea's president on Friday gave the clearest signal yet Seoul had no plan to launch a revenge attack, calming investors worried that armed conflict would damage the South's rapidly recovering economy.

Source: www.reuters.com...

Hey POKER FACE! Shhhhhhhh!!!!!

WTH is up with these Democratic Leaders in the world today? Just TELL the enemy you aren't going to do anything... Good plan. I am sure that will be the last of those attacks... Darn Norhteners.....

We can call if the: Kill Them with Kindness doctrine. I hope we don't see it here in the US but....

I guess those 46 sailors deaths were not really that important after all. I bet N.K won't give up-they'll keep attacking ships and eventually-they'll get one who sparks the nation to war/react to do something!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

What in the world are you talking about?? You DO realize that if the South gets involved in ANY incident, that means the US is involved in that incident as well??
Who do you think is over there holding the line currently?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

That's a torpedo alright. Must have tracked the ship and hit her right up the screws. Breeched the engine room and left her dead in the water.

The external damage isn't so bad though I wonder if they can repair it.

Wouldn't be a mine unless they were sailing around backwards and the explosion looks very shaped and focused from the size of the damaged area.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by belial259]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
That ship was torpedoed. Not a doubt in my mind! I use to work as a NAVY DOD Civilian and I have seen torpedo dammage up and close.

North Korea torpedoed South's navy ship

(Reuters) - South Korea's military believes a torpedo fired from a North Korean submarine sank its navy ship last month, based on intelligence gathered jointly with the United States, a news report said on Thursday.

"North Korean submarines are all armed with heavy torpedoes with 200 kg (441 lb) warheads," the military source was quoted as saying by Yonhap. "It is the military intelligence's assessment that the North attacked with a heavy torpedo.

Edit to add Link and Additional Info to Support my Claim.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by SWCCFAN]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

How can you say external damage isn't so bad? You do realize that the picture is of only half a boat right?
What you might think is a rudder in the picture isn't, it's a gyro controlled hydraulic stabilizer fin usually mounted mid-ships.

[edit on 24/4/2010 by who-me?]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
And if the US goes to war so does the UK

A vicious circle

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Wow that is some nasty #. This is going to make things interesting between North Korea and South Korea. North Korea has nothing to lose and South Korea has everything. Two opposite situations could lear to war.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Of course South Korea says they aren't looking to retalliate. Standing down marginalizes the north, reduces their influence, turns them into the bully... and garners sympathy for the south: "Look at the restraint they're exercising."

I can picture KimJIll at the desk screaming "Why won dey shoot back? We twy all sort stuff to proboke an dey onwy sit dere pointing an bramin me. I wan unified korea fo son to contwol. I wan my regacy!!!"

I don't see war happening until the north blatantly and clearly fires the first shot. Anything else would be pwanting ebidence.

However, that doesn't mean there won't be some covert retaliatory operations.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Honestly, our world leaders have lost their minds. If NK did torpedo this boat we need to shut the heck up. Locate "Kim is ill" and just nuke the city he is in without a single word. It is time to stop this silly political posturing when lives are taken on a whim by rouge leaders.

Shut our mouths and just use the weapons we have to stop future events.

If you know your actions will result in your death and end to your agenda every single time you do something stupid, you wont have anyone doing stuff like this anymore. Talk is cheap.

Just kill Kim and take out that Iranian Religious leader and president too. End of story. Nop need for prolonged wars. Just kill the ones causing the problems.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Xeven]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I thought Kim Jong Ill was dead and replaced by an imposter. So who's running the govt?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I think we have very possible Chinese false flag happpened there. Every finger points now to North Korea, but real benefit from this crises will go to Chinese and SCOs pockets - no matter what will happen.

If West wants to prevent war in Korea, witch can ruin western finance markets and collapse US hegemony in Middle East and also in Middle Asia, they have to turn to Chinese, who are only power witch can prevent this war from happening.

I think that Chinse involvement in this "accident" will not happen without their own demands in Great Game. Lets not forget that Chinese has cancelled all military cooperation with West and they gave ultimatum from weapon sales to Taiwan - and they were very upset from Dalai Lamas visit in White House and US accusations from controlling money markets.

Chinas interests: Iran will be on the table, possibly Georgia for Russia, Taiwan for them and securing Syria too... If war breaks out, and Chinese card will not be used under pressure - war in Korea can only be lost by western powers when Chinese/Russian weapon industry will get huge boom in their sales. War in Korea will also delete US possibility to drive new wars in Middle East witch will work also to Eastern coalitions pockets.

Problem - Reaction - Solution, and who is making benefit from it?

I see only Russia and China witch can benefit from this rising crisis and war.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Something about that picture doesn't seem right. It looks photoshopped for some reason. Poorly even.
Either way, tensions there are reaching an explosive point.
Whatever this brings, won't be "good".

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

You do make some good points. But don't people here realize that ALL the incidents int he world are CONTROLLED by the Rothschilds?

I too think China torpedo'd the ship. False flag for sure to make the North look bad.
This is all part of the plan. The "players" are doing their act quite well and the people are eating it up like hogs at a feeding trough. I laugh every time I read the posts here. No one seems to get it and few seem to comprehend it.

WE ARE BEING LIED TO. Propoganda extraordinare!!

The Elite are stealing our sanity and our spiritual energy. HATE HATE HATE!! That is wha tthey need to survive. Negative energy. Arguement and fear.

Please people, wake up already. It's all part of the plan, nothing to see here or get excited about. Red Herrings for sale, cheaper by the dozen.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Here is a picture of the stern from earlier in the week.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by daddio

That agenda is not achieved yet. What happens in West is controlled by them, but there is still borders and forces against them. Its easy to say that banksters has already taken us all - but then we would have One World Government already in rule, witch we dont have.

When Putin humiliated Deripaska in public TV confrence after "yahtgate" scandal, like goliarchs never before that - it was another very clear message to all worlds banksters, that there is a powerful opposition taking place in China and Russia to fight against Zionist NWO agendas

Russian and Chinese idea of worlds multipolarism has gained momentum since 2002 and by huge grow of influence by SCO - and we just saw in latest BRIC confrence after Obamas defeat in Washington Nuke summit was the latest shown of this opposition rising.

I am not under estimating Rotchilds and Illuminatis invisible power, but there is still opposition to their hegemony and I am afraid that this battle will finally take us all to WW3.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Here is some more info about the Korean Corvette class and a picture of how long it should be.

Pohang Class Corvette

Must have been quite a bang if the whole back goes missing.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Honestly, our world leaders have lost their minds. If NK did torpedo this boat we need to shut the heck up. Locate "Kim is ill" and just nuke the city he is in without a single word. It is time to stop this silly political posturing when lives are taken on a whim by rouge leaders.

Shut our mouths and just use the weapons we have to stop future events.

If you know your actions will result in your death and end to your agenda every single time you do something stupid, you wont have anyone doing stuff like this anymore. Talk is cheap.

Just kill Kim and take out that Iranian Religious leader and president too. End of story. Nop need for prolonged wars. Just kill the ones causing the problems.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Xeven]

you obviously have no brain in you're head.

so you care about the innocent lives that have been taken yet you want them to locate the city that kim is in and nuke it, thus killing millions of innocent people.

and why take out the iranian leaders?

they have done nothing wrong, USA invades thier neighbours and sets up bases around her, not to mention that the USA had iran as a puppet state before the revolution.

if you are anywhere near me i'll slap the sh** out of you. middle thumb u mofo!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
In fact you could wipe out Kim with a nuke without killing much people.

Just wait till he's on his train going to China... then nuke his train.

I'm sure on the long road, there's a spot where it's a rural area where there's not much people. Like in the US midwest or Arizona desert...

Where if you nuke Kim's little train, you kill 1000 people in the surrounding area at most.

No need to use 10 megatons nukes. Just use tactical nukes in the range of 0.3 kilotons. And you do a ``detonation on impact``... not an airbust...

And of course at the same time this happens, bomb the DMZ with crates of food.

Or we could scare China into telling them that if war happens on the Korean peninsula, millions of refugees will come running to China... which China wouldn't like at all.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by who-me?

Very good point, its hard to see the considerable damage done with nothing to compare it too.

here is a different ship same class and specification, slightly different angle but you can see the difference and how much is really missing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/19c198cd4499.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
North Korea, or China if you prefer, has attacked a vessel of the Republic of Korea... Causus Belli, under most any circumstance.

But...

Whose torpedo was it? Was it a torpedo? A mine, perhaps? Did it even belong to North Korea? Dear Leader might be a nut ball, but is he this incredibly stupid? He may be, but I hope not. Cause this didn't work, what'll he do next...that's the truly scary thing.

Yeah, he's got a big army, he may even have a nuke or two... South Korea has a pretty big army, much better equipped, last I heard, then the North... They don't need nukes, several of their allies do...

Something is up here... China attempting to instigate something between the two Korea's? What's the purpose, if so?

Personally? I think South Korea is playing this smart... As someone just said, they've much more to lose than the North does.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join