It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New telescope at vatican observatory called Lucifer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Mount Grahan in southeasturn Arizona is home to the Vatican observatory. The obervatory was built in 1989 and began with the Vatican Advanced Technology Telescope (VATT) and the Heinrich Hertz Submillimeter Telescope which is operated by the Arizona radio observatory. Now they also have the large binocular telescope (LBT) which is one of the most powerful and largest in the world, this is operated by the LBT corporation. The MGIO is a division of the Steward observatory which has been in partnership with the vatican since 1990.

Now although the LBT is not officially operated by the vatican even though they are housed in the building, the vatican claims;

we take special pride in the LBT’s giant step forward for the world of astronomy

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4992ed852114.jpg[/atsimg]
Its like their little pet

The LBT’s observational milestone is not only a significant step forward for all of astronomy but a special honor for the Vatican Observatory

See the VATT was used as a test bed to later make the LBT

Heres where Lucifer comes in

LUCIFER 1 and its twin are mounted at the focus points of the LBT's two giant 8.4-meter (27.6 foot) diameter telescope mirrors

The word lucifer(wiki);

Lucifer is a Latin word (from the words lucem ferre), literally meaning "light-bearer", which in that language is used as a name for the dawn appearance of the planet Venus, heralding daylight. Use of the word in this sense is uncommon in English, in which "Day Star" or "Morning Star" are more common expressions.

In English, "Lucifer" generally refers to Satan, although the name is not applied to him in the New Testament. The use of the name "Lucifer" in reference to a fallen angel stems from an interpretation of Isaiah 14:3–20, a passage that speaks of a particular Babylonian King, to whom it gives the title of "Day Star", "Morning Star" (in Latin, lucifer),[2] as fallen or destined to fall from the heavens or sky.[3] In 2 Peter 1:19 and elsewhere, the same Latin word lucifer is used to refer to the Morning Star, with no relation to the devil. However, in post-New Testament times the Latin word Lucifer has often been used as a name for the devil, both in religious writing and in fiction.

If one interprets Lucifer as "Light-bearer" its rather fitting for a telescope. But is it really that fitting for the vatican observatory? Could there be a deeper meaning? Some in your face symbology going on?

University of Arizona News
Vatican Obervatory Newsletter

Perhaps I should add the use of Lucifer;

Near-infrared observations are essential for understanding the formation of stars and planets in our galaxy as well as revealing the secrets of the most distant and very young galaxies.

LUCIFER's innovative design allows astronomers to observe in unprecedented detail, for example star forming regions, which are commonly hidden by dust clouds.

Astronomers use spectroscopy to analyze incoming light and answer questions such as how stars and galaxies formed and what they are made of.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by polarwarrior]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Good find! Its a bit funny how the vatican have took to astronomy so well it makes me think that theyre fully aware of something happening in the future and are preparing for it. It wasnt too long ago that they were shunning scientific discovery's because it went against what they believe i.e god created the earth and man etc blah blah.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I think the vatican have believed in aliens for along time.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:46 AM
link   
The land they built it on was stolen from Apache Indians who considered it sacred. When I lived within the shadow of the mountain and hiked it many times. It is a great place to view the stars though.

m.dailykos.com...

[edit on 4/24/2010 by staple]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by staple

Just read through the link and couldnt believe that the vatican has had an observatory since 1774 you learn something new (and interesting) everyday here.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Hey guys, I always wondered why the Vatican had an observatory...maybe looking for signs and wonders in the heavens...ie Wormwood.

I live in NC and have wondered why the Vatican has an official observatory astronomer based/stationed in Raleigh, NC? Any guesses?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by polarwarrior

Nice find OP interesting, I have always felt the vatican know more than they let on, I would love to go to one of these observatory's and check out their equipment would be brilliant, I did have a chuckle when I read Lucifer and its twin lol

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
It would be good to find out what theyre mainly observing, what interest would they have in space when all the answers to creation are apparently in the bible? (according to them). I wonder if theyre planning ahead and picking out the good spots for their churches when we hop off this rock

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I am very interested in this topic. I got started following it from listening to Freeman. He keeps himself very up-to-date on what's going on with NASA and advanced space-based technology. Then he puts his knowledge of that together with his research on Illuminati symbolism and ritual as well as ufology and alternative history. I think he's good at connecting dots. I believe he is an original thinker.

Here's a link to his website: freemantv.whynotnews.eu...

He has two radio shows. I listen to the free archives of his Saturday show, located here: www.oraclebroadcasting.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
While im certainly no theologian, my initial thoughts were along the lines of sybolism, the same way we see so much occult symbolism on the net now days commenly ascociated with the illuminati.

Could the church be seeking cosmoligical creationism proof (or intelligent design) in these days of dwindling church attendence?

Could it be a reference to lucifers great perception, like the owl that can see in the dark when others cant, that can be found at bohemian grove or on the US dollar bill? The binocular as shown in the pic certainly looks like a pair of eyes, is this a refrence to either them or lucifer seeing something we cant?

Or perhaps more along the suggestion they are lucifer..Could it be for dark purposes, the vatican seeking information to add to their extensive forbidden archives, perhaps revealing their real intentions out in the open by the name selection?

Are they looking to corrolate some of their hidden records from the past, or ancient times?

Do they know something about "the end times" that we dont, are looking into outerspace to find out more, and dont have an angelic agenda?

Much of the work of Jordan Maxwell springs to mind, so many vatican cosmological refrences and such. Perhaps I should email Jordan get his two cents. But im sure us ATSers will get to the bottom of it as usual. Im a little reluctent to just write it off as coincidence, they plan these names very carefully, its not like they just draw names out of the popes hat.

Edit to add; I sent the info off to Jordan to get his take, if he gets back to me ill let you know his opinion asap

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Another thing that I would like to mention is that Stewart Swerdlow, whose "Illuminati News" I read every day, and whose books I've read and videos I've viewed, says that the Illuminati are planning a staged alien invasion and a fake second coming of Christ in order to bring in a new, One World religion to coincide with a One World government called for by the New World Order agenda.

Regarding the Vatican, Stewart says that all religions are to control us - that God does not have a religion.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I asked the person that was in charge of making the mirrors. I will let you all know what he says if anything....

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Lucifer is ascociated with siruis. Apparently lucifer gets energy from the siruis star system, sirius is the place where the evil energies come from in many occult and ancient beliefs. Research chris everard claimed that "Some prominet astronomers who have joined sectret societies have dedicated to evoking the spirit of lucifer by using telespopes, I am not the only person who says this, many books have said that there observatories that train the lense on sirius and concentrate the light, and in the infintesimal beam of light from the telesope there are people performing rituals evoking the spirit of lucifer while bathed in the light from the telescope"

As said in OP the Lucifer part of the telecope is the part which is situated in the infintesimal small part of the beam where the light from the LBT is focussed to.

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
I think the vatican have believed in aliens for along time.

I think too, but they hide it from the rest.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
From a close source.

"As to the names of the mirrors (2) in LBT we simply refer to them as SX m1 and DX m1. SX and DX being shorthand for left and right in Italian (the Italians are 25% partners in LBT and played a major roll in the design and construction of the telescope mount). One of the major instruments used on LBT, an infra-red camera/spectrograph, is called Lucifer. Lucifer was built by the German astronomical community, which has another 25% of the telescope."

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Bump!
Been browsing through old threads. Found this one. Definitely deserve more attention.

edit on 20/10/2012 by Fichorka because: (no reason given)

top topics

join