It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AZ. All hispanics... Why not all be criminals?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

Originally posted by WWJFKD
There is almost always a better way and hindsight is always 20/20. I think Arizona found themselves in a desperate situation and quite frankly acted desperately. I believe action was required and I do agree with your viewpoint on how this could feed TPTB's agenda and we will have to watch that very closely to make sure this action was in fact in good faith.

It's a real shame that it had to come to this day where a State had to do what the Government refused to do or was certainly inept at.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by WWJFKD]

Unfortunately my liberal compatriots are fearful to take a REAL stand on this issue
at a federal level. We all know why

In the same way I am opposed to this bill; I believe my rightish friends have valid concern and I will advocate for them and their proposal when a solution comes forth that does not violate such basic principles.

I find myself being of the Democratic party really, and I too oppose this bill, hell if I get a tan, will I be subject to this also?
I don't mean to base the bill on race, but that's what it comes down too, they had no real way to determine who should be questioned for legal status here, and so the default is to base on the majority of illegal immigrants being Hispanics and brown. This is in my opinion, but by default is racial profiling, as race cannot be a factor to question someone of their legal status, and thus not providing enough reason to question anyone.

Down with the bill I say, me not really having any problem with illegals, and so I can sympathize with them, but I know there will be people who flame and tell me to get outta the country for simply not adhering to their viewpoint.

The illegal immigrant problem is a problem, but does not need a solution which will be an even more problem than the original query itself.

Civil disobidience would be a good start.
But that's my humane opinion.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
You're driving down the road and you are speeding.

You get pulled over by a police officer.

You are a legal citizen.

He/she asks you for your identification.

You do not have your driver's license on you.

You then are asked to get out of the car for further investigation.

From the car registration, insurance, or other documentation he/she determines you are in fact the owner of the car, insured, and legal.

You're driving down the road and you are speeding.

You get pulled over by a police officer.

You are an illegal alien.

He asks you for your identification.

You do not have your driver's license on you.

You then are asked to get out of the car for further investigation.

From the car registration, insurance, or other documentation he determines you are in fact NOT the owner of the car, NOT insured, and illegal.

What is he/she then supposed to do?

<< 3  4  5   >>

join