No I am not talking about the Democratic Farmer-Labor Party in Minnesota; I am talking about a fantasy party that is based on what I see as solid
So the name gives a lot away, obviously, just think about those two words for a minute. Farmer, when you think of that you is obviously thinking of a
farmer and rural communities. Labor, you are probably thinking of factory workers and urban cities. If you did you would be correct. There are two key
components of a robust national economy in my eyes, and I think many economists would agree, that an economy based on agriculture and manufacturing is
a healthy and robust economy that lays a solid foundation for exponential growth.
The fantasized ‘Farmer-Labor Party’ would be a political party that is by farmers and laborers FOR farmers and laborers. So let’s begin to pick
it apart, and then all flamers can flame on!
Farmers: So obviously the political ideology that concentrates on farmers is Agrarianism.
“Agrarianism is a social and political philosophy which stresses a rural or semi-rural lifestyle, most especially agricultural pursuits such as
farming or ranching. Proponents claim that it leads to a fuller, happier, cleaner, and more sustainable way of life for both individuals and society
as a whole.”
So this means that it would have characteristics that focus directly on the farmers and ranchers. It would be for their benefit.
Laborers: Most often the political ideology that concentrates on laborers is Social democracy.
“Socialism, general term for the political and economic theory that advocates a system of collective or government ownership and management of the
means of production and distribution of goods.”
So this means that it would have characteristics that focus directly on the laborers. It would be for their benefit.
Here are some of the political goals of this fantasy party.
- Install a form of direct democracy with local, state, and national referendums to involve the citizens in the legislative process.
- Replace free trade with fair trade and tariffs.
- Legalize marijuana, prostitution, online gambling, euthanasia, and homosexual marriage.
- Create a national debate on lowering the age of suffrage to 16 from 18 which would include; Drinking rights, smoking rights, sex rights, driving
rights, marriage rights, homeownership rights, rental rights, voting rights and all other adult rights.
- Free pre-k education and college education for all citizens.
- All corporations will become democratic with all workers having voting rights on the leadership and decisions of the company.
- Eliminate government regulations on business and allow labor unions to regulate business with government being the moderator.
- Eliminate the minimum wage and allow it to be debated between the employee, business and labor union.
- Create a national maximum size that any corporation or bank is allowed to be.
- Stop all farmer subsidies that go to corporate farms. Enlarge the system and provide more incentives and subsidies to farmers.
- Allow farmers to choose the option of nationalizing their farm which would allow their goods to only be sold in the USA. The farmer will give the
goods to the government which sells the food to stores at a minimal profit price and gives the farmer(s) a guaranteed pay.
- Place strict laws on the size of chain stores which harm farmers’ interests. Encourage more sales at local farmers markets by eliminating the
sales tax on all goods bought at the local level.
- Create an immediate public plan to rebuild our natural lands, transportation, highways, railways, airways, waterways, and public buildings.
- Require all unemployed citizens to either return to college or search for a job while you do community service and government assists you in finding
- Allow guaranteed paid maternity leave of 6 months and 3 months non-paid leave; allow guaranteed paid paternity leave of 3 months and 3 months of
- Give all parents $3,000 for the child’s first year of life and $2,000 for the second year.
- Encourage small business by creating a local referendum on corporate institutions moving to the area.
- Guarantee all workers 6 weeks of paid vacation time; excluding paid holidays.
- Create a national Sales tax of 20% on all non-local goods.
- Make the progressive tax even steeper by making it 0 - 50% with no tax deductions. Install a more progressive corporate tax from 20 – 50%. Install
a flat payroll tax of 10%.
- Create a national gasoline tax of 50%.
- Install a progressive payment rate on all fines for illegal activities.
- Remove all laws on the media.
- Create a harsher punishment for all corruption charges by installing a minimum 25 year sentence.
- Enhance affirmative action by requiring all companies, excluding small business’, in a county to have an equal percentage of employees compared to
the demographics of the county.
- Create an isolationist foreign policy based on simply protecting the US territory.
- Remove all foreign military bases, reduce the military budget to $150,000,000,000, and exit NATO and all other international organizations except
- Eliminate the military and enhance the powers of the National Guard. They will become our military that simply protects our territory.
- Eliminate several executive departments such as; Defense, Homeland Security, and Justice.
- Cut all congressional pay to $50,000 per year. Pay increases can only come through 3 ways.
1. Low unemployment rate,
2. Low inflation rate,
3. and high GDP growth.
- Abolish all for-profit corporate lobbying on the government. Establish a law that states any acceptance of money from for-profit companies will call
for immediate campaign termination.
- Establish a law that states 10% of all taxes collected must be used on paying the deficit. If a deficit is run all congressional employees will lose
any pay raises and the enlargement of deficit must be reversed the following year.
- Create a national law that allows several currencies to be used inside the United States besides the dollar. The allowance of foreign currencies
will be a state issue and will require a public referendum on which currency to allow, if any. Allow gold to be used as a currency alongside the US
dollar in all states without a referendum.
- Make it law that the US dollar must be backed by gold. We are not allowed to print more money than we have in gold reserves.
- Create a national law that forces the government to allow all Above Top Secret documents to be shown in only 15 years.
- Create a national healthcare service, similar to the UK’s.
- Unanimously agree to and follow all ‘Privacy International’ rules. Ban all public cameras, wiretapping, surveillance, internet records saving,
cruel punishment; force Google Earth to receive a signed confirmation before they can publicize your property. Ban all body scanners in airports and
all other privacy violations.
- Create a law that bans censorship of television, radio and internet.
These are the stances the party would take. If you would like to add anything or attack anything you dislike please do.
[edit on 4/24/10 by Misoir]
[edit on 4/24/10 by Misoir]