It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when i was little i saw some crazy things

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

wow that was an incredible post, i dont recall seeing anything like taht when i was little,except for the shadow panther, but i really wasnt that little

however if i think reall hard i imagine i might be able to remember something its very interesting i wonder if anyone else has seen the strange creature you speak of?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
hello ats i want to share a few events from when i was little

lets start from when i was really little, once me my mom and dad lived with my gma in a 2 story house
i remember once in this house alot of things, my thomas the tank engine collection, a cake with really tasty cookies on it and ALOT of chucky nightmares(serial killer doll from the childs play movie series)
well here is one event i recall i was in the attic all alone and i must have been dreaming but i dont think i was, that these two puppet people popped out of the staircase and were talking to me, i dont recall what was said but i recall being really scared i dont recall what happened afterwards
i believe i was about two when this happened

once when i was older(and i havent talked to anyone about this expierience) i think i was 4 or 5 i was spending the night at my other gmas i think i was dreaming but i was laying on the couch and this lady was standing in my living room, she had light all around her, and outside the window it apeared to be day(which was wierd because im pretty sure it was night) i dont recall much details but for some reason i had a pencil and paper and being a little kid asked a silly question, i asked her how to spell my name, and she spelled itand i wrote it down. i dont recall falling back asleep or anything afterwards, i told my mom this and she told me i saw an angel, but looking back im doubtful, the window showed daylight, i asked a dumb question, and i did not have the paper with my name on ot the next morning(or the pencil for that matter.

ok lets move ahead a few years i was about 8, i woke up in the middle of the night and looked at my wall and was horrified by what i saw, this will come off as crazy, but there were giant bugs crawling all over the wall! they were the size of my fist! flys ants spiders, and a few millepedes, a plethora of creepy crawlies
i jumped up and turned on my light and they were gone, no sweat i imagined them, or so i thought, once i was convinced i imagined this, i shut off the light to go back to bed...guess what? they were back! i eventually fell asleep and it never happened again

lets go ahead to 10 years old
i woke up one night to get a glass of water, i walke 5 feet out my room and in my dining room and i was shocked by the sight of a shadowy black jaguar(or a panther it was difficult to tell! i was suddenly not so thirsty and booked it back to my bed and under the covers.
thinking back about this event the shadow jaguar/panther looked just as surprised as i was and before i turned and ran, i remember it just sort of disapeared, not a poof! but a like quick melt out of existance

has anyone had any similair expierences? any explanations?
i do not think the angel one was real and i probably imagined the puppets, but the bugs and the big cat i am pretty sure were real

also i think that when were really little we are really suseptible to hallucinations but who knows

[edit on 24-4-2010 by ashanu90]

I don't mean to discredit you or anything, perhaps you really did have these experiences as told. But, they sound more like you were partially awake partially asleep and still dreamt these things. I still do that today. When that happens it can seem like you saw something crazy when in reality you were still partially dreaming. Not to mention your age at the time, you may have been unable to recognize the difference between being partially awake and dreaming.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
i remember when i was 11 riding my bike and i saw this rolling ball of light roll across the road. it was red,blue,green colors. The thing was going about 2 miles an hour, a slow pace. it was a block away when i first spotted it. I stopped about a half a block away and watched it go behind a persons house. I got back on my bike to investigate. I went to the side of the house it dissappeared behind and nothing was there, so i biked around the house, but i saw nothing. A woman came out of the house and told me to leave or she would call the cops, so i left. The rolling ball was about the size of a bicycle wheel. A weird glowing about the thing. The thing turned a corner to go to the side of the house i could not see. I never saw anything like that again. that was creepy.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Well, from skimming over the posts, I can only say, as kids we (usually) have a strong imagination. We can almost see ourselves doing anything and everything we desire. At the same time that we bask within our dreams, we are also prone to our nightmares and that can cause disturbing hallucinations or images to flash before our eyes.

I recall as a child of, about, 5 years of age, I would recognize any kind of enigmatic figure to be something I was exposed to via television or stories that haunted me in some aspect. I was the false-courage kind of kid back in the day (12 years ago seems a lot to me, apologies to those who are older than me [17]) and I was strongly influenced by superheroes such as Spiderman, Batman, etc. and would leap into action within my imagination. Regardless of what I did, I became aware of my imagination at the age of 6/7, when I saw a 'shadowy' figure in the night as I went to the bathroom and I charged towards it. As I did so, I leapt into the air and attempted to kick it; turns out, it was just my couch and I rammed into it with my foot, and bounced off only to knock my head onto the floor.

Thankfully I'm alright, as far as I know, but my point is that as kids we are misguided by things that greatly influence us.

I'm not saying that it is just that; many people have claimed contact with spirits, demons, etc. (but I don't want to get into that) but it's a possibility worth mentioning.

In children, however, hallucinations can be part of normal development or can be associated with nonpsychotic psychopathology, psychosocial adversity, or a physical illness (1). The first clinical task in evaluating children and adolescents is to sort out the most serious and worrisome hallucinations from those that are less pathological.

Hallucinations can be defined as perceptions in the absence of identifiable external stimuli, excluding eidetic images and imaginary companions.

Just a small excerpt to aid my belief of the situation. Not all that is located in the link is relevant to this, but there are some key parts within it. Apologies that it may not be sufficient or stricly to the topic at hand.

Link: ajp.psychiatryonline.org...

~WP~

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

do you mean sleep paralysis? because i could move quite alright thru out thesae expeirences but i could have just dreamed it but i think the panther might have been real and the bugs too

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingParadox

that sounds pretty logical great post and funny story i was loling when i read the it
ive done stuff like that too i remember i used to be paranoid about ghosts hiding in my room to scare me so i used to pop my head in my room to scare them first

i hit my head a few times on stuff though

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

No, and I'm not calling you a liar either. I do believe in the paranormal. But what I mean is that, especially for someone like me who is a very light sleeper, I will wake up and be in between awake and asleep for a little bit. Sometimes i'll see things but when I really wake up, or I get startled, it's gone.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555

No, and I'm not calling you a liar either. I do believe in the paranormal. But what I mean is that, especially for someone like me who is a very light sleeper, I will wake up and be in between awake and asleep for a little bit. Sometimes i'll see things but when I really wake up, or I get startled, it's gone.

yeah i get that too someties it can be really scary
the rest im iffy about but i remember walking throuh the dining room when i saw that panther, however i suppose memories
can be warped over time
still spooky real or not

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I had an experience when I was very young that I will never forget. I was still sleeping in my crib so I must have been less than 3 years old, making it 40 something years ago and still as clear as the night it happened.

I was sleeping in my crib, and woke up to two figures standing over my bed. I had a night light in my room so there was a slight glow, and through the bars of the crib I could see the figures' lower halves, and from waist high (approx) and above, above the crib bars.

They were both wearing hooded cloaks, one black and one white. Neither one had a face, only darkness under the hoods. I DISTINCTLY remember the feeling of good and evil, the white one being good, and the black one being evil. Remember, this was in the late 60's, I lived in a very remote area and wasn't exposed to church or TV other than Lawrence Welk, Lassie, and Bonanza, on one channel. I was far too young to even KNOW about good and evil.

The two figures appeared to be having a conversation, although there was no sound. There were body movements and head nods, things like that. I was both terrified and fascinated at the same time. It felt like they were there for a long time, although at times seconds seem like minutes, and minutes seem like hours, expecially to a child.

I really have no idea how long they were there, until they vanished, after looking at me (I think, anyway, it seemed that way) for some time after their conversation, they just faded, as if into a mist.

I was left with both a creepy feeling, and a good feeling. I knew there was nothing to fear, that they would cause no harm, and they wouldn't be back. How I knew, I have no idea, I was only 3, or younger.

I never told my parents, I didn't feel any need to. I have kept this to myself until about the past 5 years. Still to this day, it is crystal clear in my mind, and I am 100% certain it was not a dream. It was absolutely real.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Brandyfro

wow thats an incredible story hooded and all?
all i can say is...neat
you get a star

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Neat and all, but still unexplained. I have been waiting all my life, hoping I would get an explanation at some point. Still waiting........

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

i really hope someone can help you, cause i cant i would if i could

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I had another experience while in high school. It wasn't a big deal. I was in my bedroom and there was no TV or radio on. I heard what sounded like a group of girls chanting my first name. Now they were either ghosts or there were really girls out there trying to scare me. In this case, I just assumed they were real girls, but looking back, I don't know for sure. They were saying my name in sync with one another. It was almost as if they were singing it. Maybe it was all in my head. Maybe I was having a psychotic episode. Anyway, OP, you have done a great job of keeping this thread going. Hopefully it will keep growing.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Nemesis0123

now that is an odd story
my opinion was that it was real girls singing
but i could be wrong
what exactly were you doing and what had you been doing before at the time?

and thank you i try
its a very interesting subject

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

The way you described your experience reminds me of the feeling I had when I saw the creature I described in my post. You know it's real, and not a hallucination or imagination.
I wasn't in an excited state at all, and I surely wasn't dreaming. I just happened to look out the window and there it was. I studied the thing in detail for several minutes.

Your story is wild! As I said before, I think we can catch glimpses of beings from other dimensions. I believe that we're more receptive at a very young age.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WanderingParadox

That was no immagination, it happened. I have no idea what it was, but it was real whatever it was. A rolling ball of lights. I was riding my bike, then i stopped and watched it go behind the house. I went around the house and it was gone.

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
i wonder if there re beings from other dimensions why are children so receptive to them?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

That's a very interesting story too! It sounds like the rolling 'light wheel'
had a purpose, like it was moving under some type of control.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
reply to post by ColeYounger

i wonder if anyone else has seen the strange creature you speak of?

That would be a real mind-blower if someone else saw that same creature. I have wondered before if there were more of them. It scared the hell out of me!
Then again, I was only six yrs old.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

When I was probally about 3yrs I would have a recurring dream that I couldn't stop rising high in the sky and would end up drifting in a black inkyness surrounded by large multi-colour spheres, mainly red. I would have this sensation of being an amazing distance high, high above where I should be and start to worry about getting down. As soon as this happened
I would have this powerful sensation of accellerating downwards and then suddenly wake up in my bed with a jump. Wish I could have this dream now and be aware that I was dreaming and take some control and do some real exploring.
Now when I realise I am dreaming the first thought I have is Hey I can do what I want, lets fly and start swooping about, climbing high and then diving down to the towards the ground to pull up at the last moment. the feeling of changes in acceleration are amazing. The longer this dream goes on the harder it is to keep airborn. I never manage to get into space.
I am reminded of what Douglas Adams wrote in one of his Hitch Hiker Guide To The Galaxy books " The secret of flying is to throw yourself to the ground-and miss"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join