It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when i was little i saw some crazy things

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

mabey the ball was ball lightning? the sleep paralysis and feeling some ones near you can be caused by magnetic feilds. real old bed springs can be the cause of a so called haunting. you got an antique bed?

[edit on 24/4/10 by Aceofclubs]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
ive heard that electro magnetism causes alot of hallucinatioons

on a side not i remember last year i was laying in bed and i have a charger with a blue light sticking out of the wall that i use for batteries, well the blue light was on as usual but i notice what looked like shadows on the wall in the blue light, like someone was taking a string and moving it ever so slowly in front of the light and there was nothing there to cause the shadow, needless to say it really freaked me out

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
so anyway has anyone ever had an expierence with something like the shadowy panther/jaguar that i saw?
anyone at all?
maybe i just imagined it
but it would be neat if there were transdimensional big cats

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
The panther/jaguar is the strangest one because you were so much older by that point - too old for "childish fantasy," theoretically.

As for childhood fears, for me the show "In Search Of" used to freak the hell out of me. There was one episode where they talked about a particular haunting. Some woman lived in a big, old plantation house and in a hallway closet was a human skull. The story was the skull belonged to some slave from Antebellum days on the plantation who was murdered. Why his skull was in the hallway closet, I don't know. When she first discovered the skull, she tried to remove it and it supposedly started screaming. She tried a few more times, but every time it supposedly would scream.

The idea of a screaming skull just terrified me at 5 or 6, or whatever I was, and I got this phobia that the skull would appear at the foot of my bed in the middle of the night. I think for about a year or more I would go to sleep with my legs curled up because I didn't want the skull to "get my feet."

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath

The idea of a screaming skull just terrified me at 5 or 6, or whatever I was, and I got this phobia that the skull would appear at the foot of my bed in the middle of the night. I think for about a year or more I would go to sleep with my legs curled up because I didn't want the skull to "get my feet."

i know what you mean i never heard that story but, i used to sleep with my feet curled because my bed was small enough that my feet would slightly dangle over and i was afraid a monster wold grab my foot and pull me under the bed, i also never let my arms dangle for th same fear, these days i dont believe in monsters, but i still try to sleep with y feet and arms inside the bed out of habit, thats how much it effected me

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
A panther in the kitchen.. that's an interesting one.

I recall driving home from school one day with my mother and pointing to a cloud and telling her that I could see God standing on it. I can't remember what exactly I saw but I remember being absolutely sure I was seeing a person standing on a cloud.

My mother tells me when I was little I would say that I could see something that I called "Poms". I have no recollection of this!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by MrAndy

thats very interesating indeed i wonder why we see these kinds of things

"poms" huh? ive never heard of them maybe it was a name you made up for something you didnt understand

cool post it proves itself that we see crazy things when were young dont it?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I have read a few stories about your panther..ghost cats..it seems people have seen them also. And one theory is a time warp..or time line..they seem to appear from another time wave..

Time appears and vanishes [by changeable quanta phase transitions like Einstein’s ingenious twin paradox] by continuum time evolution of regional hypespace vortices [wave quanta formations] Tejman.

LINK FOR MORE INFO

Interesting to read..it could explain alot of sightings..and Einstein pretty much believed in it.

Also, wanted to add..when I was really young, dont even know the age...Id guess 4 of 5..spending the night at my gramma's house.
She had this dress maker mannequin in the same room that I slept in. Its a body, basically with no head or arms, that people used to use to make dresses..
Well that thing creeped me out to begin with..but I swear on everything that's holy..that thing floated across the room and fell on top of me..

I screamed my head off until someone came in the room..my gramma and my mom..and they found it on top of me..of course..they said the wind did it..or I pulled it on top of me..

No, I hated that thing..and no way would I WANT it on top of me!!

Anyway.musings of a child

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

wow a manequin fell floated and fell on top of you? i would be terrified out of my mind and i would probably always avoid stores with clothes on display

also thanks for the info on the ghost cat

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90
reply to post by Yummy Freelunch

wow a manequin fell floated and fell on top of you? i would be terrified out of my mind and i would probably always avoid stores with clothes on display

also thanks for the info on the ghost cat

Your welcome, there is a theory that "big foot" also fits in with the time paradox. Here one minute..gone the next

Yes, I was pretty terrified..needless to say..when I came to visit my gramma..that thing was put away..lol..one of these days..when she passes..I think i'll put that thing in my room and name it..lol

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
once my friend told me when he was real little his aunt died and that he was at her house while his family were going through her things well anyway he was on the bottom floor looking up the staircase and he said he could see the figure of a woman and heard her calling out buuuuubbbbbyyyyy...........

i got to say while i type this im getting chills its really spooky

[edit on 25-4-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yummy Freelunch
Yes, I was pretty terrified..needless to say..when I came to visit my gramma..that thing was put away..lol..one of these days..when she passes..I think i'll put that thing in my room and name it..lol

lol now thats kicking fears arse

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

About 4 years ago I had the bugs crawling down the wall and under my doona experience. It was probably 3 or 4 am. I put it off to a dream and went back to sleep. Only to wake up with the exact same sensation. I have never been that freaked out before or since. Scared the crap out of me so much I jumped out of bed and went and slept in the spare room.

I have had some strange stuff go down I'm my childhood that I won't go into detail here. Suffice to say reality is far stranger than people think.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

scary stuff those bugs are

what is it about creepy crawlies that make us shiver and tense up?

maybe bugs leave behind ghosts too? or maybe ghosts like to messs with us with illusions, or maybe its all in our minds
no matter what it still gives me the creeps

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Hi all

I know how that is as a child I saw some pretty freaky things as well , later in life inwas told that one of them was a demonic spirit that i had seen as a young child , that terrified me for the remainig time as a teenager , that's what spured me on in later life to research and investigate the paranormal.

Its funny alot of adults do not believe children as my parents did not believe me.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1972ian

Its funny alot of adults do not believe children as my parents did not believe me.

its wierd because i imagine many of todays adults saw crazy things when they were little, maybe their just afraid of it being true?
or maybe its just part of human nature to deny, i recall a few months ago i was at my gfs house, and the nieghbor had us watch her kids for a minute there were three of them, then we saw the littlest one stop what he was doing and stare off into space i pointed this out and my gf was like he must have seen a ghost, i laughed at this and said that hes probably just wierd like most children

the strange thing is the little boy never did talk about it

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
i remember once when i was younger i was at a friends house we stayed up late and were playing with legos and army men and various pokemon toys, well we heard what sounded like someone running down the hallway, wich was right outside the bedroom door, and it was a relatively small house at first we figured it was the dogs he had two at the time, but our curiosity got the better of us and we went out to look, he thing was the dogs were in his parents bedroom and the door was shut, so w go freaked out and carried baseball bats as we searched the house, there was a door that led to the garage with a window on it, the garage was pitch black and i couldnt help but stare into the empty blackness though the creeps ran all the way down my back and my hair stood on end, if there was something it was definetley in the garage, or maybe in the attic that had an entrance via the garage, needless to say i never forgot that expierience
anyone else have anything else similair?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

I thought i saw a panther shadow type creature when i was hiking at night with some friends, one of my friends said he saw it too but the others didnt, oh yea i also thought i saw a witch lady in the same mountain/park.

[edit on 4/26/2010 by 831_toker]

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I believe there is some validity to the notion that very young children may be able to see things that adults or even older children can't see.

I distinctly remember seeing something as a child that puzzles me to this day.
When I was 6 years old, I was looking out a window, and I saw a very strange creature in a field behind our house. I thought of it as a monster. It was looking in the direction of our house, so I thought it was looking at me, and I became terrified. I saw its face clearly. It was like a geometrical pattern of pieced-together triangles which were a combination of orange or rust colors, and brown, darker brown or black. This wasn't somebody in a mask. It had a strange body shape, almost elephant like! Like a small elephant which wasn't standing on all four legs. It was partially upright.

I ran and got my dad, but the thing was gone when we returned to the window.
It was so real! I also distinctly remember the ambient atmosphere as being really gray, which means it was either twilight or really overcast. That's how vivid the memory is. If it was just my imagination, then why didn't I ever see other things? I had never seen this thing before in a book, a comic or on TV. Why would my imagination just happen to randomly create this
specific thing one time? I think I caught a glimpse of something from another dimension\realm. I truly do.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 831_toker

really you saw one? how old were you? also hwat did the panther do? was it surprised? did it disapear?
also how did you know if the lady was a witch or not?

these things are very interesting arent they?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join