It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

when i was little i saw some crazy things

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
hello ats i want to share a few events from when i was little

lets start from when i was really little, once me my mom and dad lived with my gma in a 2 story house
i remember once in this house alot of things, my thomas the tank engine collection, a cake with really tasty cookies on it and ALOT of chucky nightmares(serial killer doll from the childs play movie series)
well here is one event i recall i was in the attic all alone and i must have been dreaming but i dont think i was, that these two puppet people popped out of the staircase and were talking to me, i dont recall what was said but i recall being really scared i dont recall what happened afterwards
i believe i was about two when this happened

once when i was older(and i havent talked to anyone about this expierience) i think i was 4 or 5 i was spending the night at my other gmas i think i was dreaming but i was laying on the couch and this lady was standing in my living room, she had light all around her, and outside the window it apeared to be day(which was wierd because im pretty sure it was night) i dont recall much details but for some reason i had a pencil and paper and being a little kid asked a silly question, i asked her how to spell my name, and she spelled itand i wrote it down. i dont recall falling back asleep or anything afterwards, i told my mom this and she told me i saw an angel, but looking back im doubtful, the window showed daylight, i asked a dumb question, and i did not have the paper with my name on ot the next morning(or the pencil for that matter.

ok lets move ahead a few years i was about 8, i woke up in the middle of the night and looked at my wall and was horrified by what i saw, this will come off as crazy, but there were giant bugs crawling all over the wall! they were the size of my fist! flys ants spiders, and a few millepedes, a plethora of creepy crawlies
i jumped up and turned on my light and they were gone, no sweat i imagined them, or so i thought, once i was convinced i imagined this, i shut off the light to go back to bed...guess what? they were back! i eventually fell asleep and it never happened again

lets go ahead to 10 years old
i woke up one night to get a glass of water, i walke 5 feet out my room and in my dining room and i was shocked by the sight of a shadowy black jaguar(or a panther it was difficult to tell! i was suddenly not so thirsty and booked it back to my bed and under the covers.
thinking back about this event the shadow jaguar/panther looked just as surprised as i was and before i turned and ran, i remember it just sort of disapeared, not a poof! but a like quick melt out of existance

has anyone had any similair expierences? any explanations?
i do not think the angel one was real and i probably imagined the puppets, but the bugs and the big cat i am pretty sure were real

also i think that when were really little we are really suseptible to hallucinations but who knows

[edit on 24-4-2010 by ashanu90]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
hello? anyone there? yoohoo?
ats? where you go? wake up sleepy

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
here some stuff u may like when i was about 4-5 i came down from bed and told my mum i`d been speaking to a man in my room and discribed my dead great grand father off to a T including his army uniform he died in a tank accident in the war.
then when i was 7-8 my best friend was in hospital for an operation. my mum woke up in the night and there was a spooky boy standing by her bed but she knew it was not me or my bro when she turned to turn the lamp on he was gone.

[edit on 24/4/10 by Aceofclubs]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I think everybody had memories like these from when they were very young children. Things that we know should be impossible but were "clearly" real to use at the time.

I remember seeing a UFO at my uncle's house - but not a normal UFO, it was like a silly cartoon rendering of a UFO. I ran to everyone, they came to look, but it wasn't there. I remember that even at the time, when I was looking at it, I thought it looked just too strange and cartoonish to be real. My family remembers me running over to tell them what I saw, so I didn't dream it. I definitely at least thought I saw the thing, though even at 5 or 6 when it happened, it didn't seem totally real to me.

I also remember performing a magic trick where I would put an object under a pillow, smack the pillow a few times and the thing would disappear. Then I'd do it again, and it would come back. Now, I know my dad used to do this as a trick for me because he was a magic hobbiest, and eventually I figured out what he was doing (basic misdirection, and he's hide the object from me). But I also have very clear memories of doing the trick, myself, and for real, when nobody else was around.

Last, my dad has told me he has very definite memories of of flying around his house like Superman when he was about 5 or 6. He would put a towel around his neck like a cape and suddenly he could fly, and he could make his sister/my aunt fly, too, apparently! To him this memory is as real as any memory he has of childhood.

Dreams, overactive imagination or maybe kids really are magical when adults are not around, and we lose that? Like their perception imposes their will - their more ridged way of seeing the world - upon us, and then we eventually become like them.

[edit on 4/24/2010 by LifeInDeath]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs
here some stuff u may like when i was about 4-5 i came down from bed and told my mum i`d been speaking to a man in my room and discribed my dead great grand father off to a T including his army uniform he died in a tank accident in the war.
then when i was 7-8 my best friend was in hospital for an operation. my mum woke up in the night and there was a spooky boy standing by her bed but she knew it was not me or my bro when she turned to turn the lamp on he was gone.

[edit on 24/4/10 by Aceofclubs]

cool story
did your friend die? if so im sorry
also i wonder why things like this just disapear when you turn on the light?

also what did you and your great gpa talk about?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by LifeInDeath
I think everybody had memories like these from when they were very young children. Things that we know should be impossible but were "clearly" real to use at the time.

I remember seeing a UFO at my uncle's house - but not a normal UFO, it was like a silly cartoon rendering of a UFO. I ran to everyone, they came to look, but it wasn't there. I remember that even at the time, when I was looking at it, I thought it looked just too strange and cartoonish to be real. My family remembers me running over to tell them what I saw, so I didn't dream it. I definitely at least thought I saw the thing, though even at 5 or 6 when it happened, it didn't seem totally real to me.

I also remember performing a magic trick where I would put an object under a pillow, smack the pillow a few times and the thing would disappear. Then I'd do it again, and it would come back. Now, I know my dad used to do this as a trick for me because he was a magic hobbiest, and eventually I figured out what he was doing (basic misdirection, and he's hide the object from me). But I also have very clear memories of doing the trick, myself, and for real, when nobody else was around.

Last, my dad has told me he has very definite memories of of flying around his house like Superman when he was about 5 or 6. He would put a towel around his neck like a cape and suddenly he could fly, and he could make his sister/my aunt fly, too, apparently! To him this memory is as real as any memory he has of childhood.

Dreams, overactive imagination or maybe kids really are magical when adults are not around, and we lose that? Like their perception imposes their will - their more ridged way of seeing the world - upon us, and then we eventually become like them.

[edit on 4/24/2010 by LifeInDeath]

whoa!! i saw a cartoony UFO when i was a kid too!! only noone beleieved me and didnt bother to come outside and when i went back out to see it, it was gone,

im thinking as small children we hallucinate but then again who knows?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I experienced a haunting on the Queen Mary when I was a kid. I was staying the night in the hotel on the boat and was roaming the halls with a new friend I met at the party. We came to a door with a crack in it. We heard what sounded like chanting. It sounded like a room full of cult members performing a ritual. I wondered what was going on. Inside, it was completely empty, except it was very bright. The pool was shimmering. It didn't scare me at all. I didn't realize what it was until I was older. I read up on that boat and that pool room in particular, and it is famous for hauntings. People have died in that room. To this day, ghosts just don't scare me at all. I seek them out. I love cemetaries. I recall asking a relative to haunt me when he died, but so far he hasn't.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nemesis0123
I experienced a haunting on the Queen Mary when I was a kid. I was staying the night in the hotel on the boat and was roaming the halls with a new friend I met at the party. We came to a door with a crack in it. We heard what sounded like chanting. It sounded like a room full of cult members performing a ritual. I wondered what was going on. Inside, it was completely empty, except it was very bright. The pool was shimmering. It didn't scare me at all. I didn't realize what it was until I was older. I read up on that boat and that pool room in particular, and it is famous for hauntings. People have died in that room. To this day, ghosts just don't scare me at all. I seek them out. I love cemetaries. I recall asking a relative to haunt me when he died, but so far he hasn't.

i remember there was a contest on nickelodeon or cartoon network, i dont recall where you could win free tickets to a all nighter on that boat. chanting you say? i was unaware that there was occult activity on that boat, interesting post

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
no he was fine he had a chunk of metal removed from his shoulder but some medium from my mums work said it could have been a mental projection because i was so botherd by it

i can`t remember much but him telling me i had to be a good boy

oh and i got another me and my bro were in our room we were young can`t remember what age and there was a sound like a marble bouncing from the floor to the roof in the corner of the room for about 5-10 mins but you could not see any thing and it still did it if you went right up to the corner we both remember this and can`t explane it

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
i must say i am especially interested in my last story about the shadow jaguar/panther
can someone please give me an explanation or a similar story i think the expieriance i had really might have happened, especially since im hearing alot of stories about big cats showing up in places they shouldnt

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ashanu90

Those are pretty crazy experiences.

I myself have had some pretty weird things happen. The weirdest of which happened when I was twelve and I heard my name called while laying in bed, it was a growling "demonic" voice. I tried to rule it out as the sound of neighborhood dog's barking muffled by my oscillating fan but to this day that explanation doesn't sit well with me.

The thing about most of your experiences (and indeed some of my own) is that they happen when you're sleeping or about to fall asleep, a time when brain activity can get a little weird. For instance, have you ever had one of those crazy dreams that last the entire night and have some sort of bizarre objective. For instance, last night I dreamed I was a crew member trying to get back to the ship Serenity from the show Firefly

I'm not saying you didn't have these experiences but that memory changes over time AND our brain does some pretty weird things when it comes to sleep. As for the day time incidents, I just don't know, which is why I am open to the idea of paranormal phenomenon (but still skeptical, I don't just believe all sorts of hogwash).

I'm gonna list some of my other experiences just for fun, some of these are debunkable and could have been my imagination or caused by other things but either way they sparked my interest in the paranormal and scared me a bit when I was younger:

When I was about six I saw what looked to be glowing green eyes peering out from my parent's closest. In retrospect it was night time and there could have been light coming in from outside through the fringes of the curtains, though I doubt it would have been green light.

When I was about thirteen I was getting ready for school and saw the cupboards open and shut violently on their own, I ran upstairs to tell my Dad and he didn't believe me.

When I was about fifteen I was staying over at a friend's house. We were left alone by his parents and when we tried to call them to see when they'd be back we found there was no dial tone. We went up stairs into the living room to see if the phone up there worked but when we got up there we saw the front door knob getting rattled. It stopped and I went to the peephole but there was no one out there. We walked around the rest of the day with a baseball bat and a Bible handy

In a later event I was over at the same friend's house. He lived in a quiet safe suburban neighborhood so we would go outside to get fresh air and walk the streets. One night we were out in the middle of the street just talking about random stuff when all of a sudden we heard what sounded like an evil laugh. It was about 3 in the morning and most of his neighbors were elderly so I don't think it could have been one of them. We both bolted for the house.

When I was a kid I had a ton of action figures, many had push button sound bites but would often go off at all hours of the night or make noises that weren't supposed to come from them (before going back to making their ordinary noises).

With all the paranormal experiences I've had I find it ironic that I spent most of my childhood more afraid of alien abduction than of ghosts
I attribute this to watching one too many episodes of the X-Files as a kid.

All of these experiences led to me taking an interest in paranormal investigating, especially the debunking aspect. Debunking allows you to remove that which is not paranormal and get closer to the truth. I've been on a couple paranormal investigations, its a great hobby and unless you're the kind who needs to go out with thousands of dollars worth of equipment its cheap too.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Aceofclubs

wow im glad he was ok, its difficult to remember convos from when your young i understand.
also that other story was pretty neat ive never expierianced anything like that, but i remmeber but i remmeber from around the time i saw the bugs, one night i woke up and looked into my closet, where my tv was and i could have sworn i saw a pair of green eyes staring back! i know that it wasnt a reflection, ecause my eyes are blue.
later after my family moved out of that house we heard that a young boy died in that room. creepy huh?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

wow i just posted about my expierence with eyes in the closet, gave me the chills when i read about yours

i remember i watched a show about aliens abducting people and putting pokey things in their necks, i used to sleep with the covers over my head because of that

i too like the debunking aspect of paranormal investigation
you had some really cool expierences

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90

Originally posted by Nemesis0123

i remember there was a contest on nickelodeon or cartoon network, i dont recall where you could win free tickets to a all nighter on that boat. chanting you say? i was unaware that there was occult activity on that boat, interesting post

Decades after my experience, they started having guided ghost tours on the boat. A ghost expert or even a medium will take you to all the reportedly haunted parts of the ship. Plus you get dinner. Just what I want, to feast with a bunch of ghosts.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Nemesis0123

oops typo i meant to say i recall not dont recall
lol dinner wih ghosts, it would be cool to see floating cups and silverware, but it would be gross to see the food being chewed by invisible people

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   

That is spooky. Apparently things with glowing green eyes like to be in or around closets

Now that we're on the subject of childhood fears I remember being afraid of a lot of things. Aliens, ghosts and especially Bigfoot. Not sure why I was afraid of Bigfoot but to some extent I still am today (there's just something about him)... Thing is I was always interested in cryptozoology, the paranormal, UFOs and yet some part of me was afraid of the subjects I loved to learn more about, I guess I wanted to quell my fear with knowledge.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

yeah thats weird i don`t realy buy in to ghosts but can`t explane any of the things i`ve mentioned so who knows what was going on. i`d spend the night anywere for a bet. i`d like to see something like that now i`m older i hear the tunnels under edinburgh are real scary

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

quell your fear with knowledge me too

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashanu90

also i think that when were really little we are really suseptible to hallucinations but who knows

I think you right about this... a young mind has more imaginative potential especially when it comes to things that are scary. Many times dream, day dreams, lucid dreams, hallucinations, etc seem as real as being wide awake and can occur even when your eyes are wide open.

The thing that is most bizarre is sometimes hallucinations seem far beyond something you could image, almost like a scripted scene produced by somebody else.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
When I was 8 or so i saw a ball of dull red or green light either appear or enter the bedroom in the basement of my grandparents house when I was visiting them in summer.

I was so frightened that just as the ball dashed (it was fast) into the closet full of old clothes in front of the window my head was under the covers of my blanket, I was under the blanket hoping as # the blanket was a good shield against the supernatural lol.

There was also a lone case of sleep paralysis when I was 10 on christmas eve that I still don't understand to this day. It seemed strangely evil in nature.I was awake but it felt as if there was a heavy presence weighting me down, just a weird,complicated feeling of both gravity and fear/dread. It lasted for about 6 hours, no idea how it 'went away'

[edit on 24-4-2010 by star in a jar]

<<   2  3  4 >>

join