It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Video* Small riot breaks out in Phoenix over Immigration bill

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaNutter

I find it a tad laughable that your kosher with letting illegal aliens stay in the country once they make it over the border, claim to be arguing for citizens rights, and then state you wouldn't argue against the government wasting our money on a wall. Champion of citizens rights..?

If that what the majority of Americans want...it's not breaking any laws and not taking away anyones rights...why would I argue against it???

If they just decided to do it and no one wanted it...I would argue against them building it.

I guess I should modify my statement...I would speak out against it because I think it is a waste and doesn't solve anything...but once decided and if everyone wanted it I wouldn't raise a issue with it. This is how our country works...I don't expect everything to work exactly how I want it to.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint
[mNo, they should not be read miranda rights. They should be shipped backed to Mexico in a crate ( or direct country of origin) with stamp "Return to sender". Hahaha

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

Where did I say that only mexicans are immigrants...care to quote me on that?

You are not making much sense.

link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Like I said, illegal aliens easily obtain health care by simply using emergency room services. All the time. They don't go to a regular doctor and submit the paperwork required to pre-authorize treatment. And the fact that they wait until they are truly sick and require emergency treatment means that they have neglected regular health screenings so when they do show up in the ER they are often rife with complex and costly health problems. All of which then have to be paid for by the hospital and, ultimately, you and I.

As for getting a job; they are doing that quite well and making a great living without paying taxes, medicare or social security. I would love to be able to take home my full paycheck before deductions. Until the laws that are on the books already are enforced to the full extent allowed by statute, employers will continue to hire illegal aliens and their job opportunities will continue.

link   
S+F . Good post. I havn't had a chance to scan all the "news" lately to see what's up, and hadn't heard of this. Thanks

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I love ATS and am having a hard time understanding how so many open-minded people can be so ignorant on what the larger ramifications of this bill are:
i live in phoenix, am a trauma doctor, and half native american and half mexican american....my family was born here before AZ was part of america:
if I get pulled over or stopped on the street by some police officer and I don't have ID (say i am wearing scrubs) he/she has the right to detain me...and believe me they will.

For those of you not in phoenix, the cops (not all) were just waiting for this bill to be passed. its a slippery slope of racial profiling, and the loss of freedom of law abiding citizens. I shouldn't have to worry that my children walking home from school might get stopped and "asked for papers." Why not tattoo everyone or put a chip in all newborns to prove their legal status.....

this isn't going to stop people from coming over illegally...they are already here...it's wasting money by sending them back. they will just keep coming.

please be more open minded about this issue....it's been an issue since america was founded: by illegal immigrants

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Rubber bullets and CS gas for all the mojado's.

Just for the record though, these illegals are pissing off the LEGAL folks of Mexican blood. Legal Mexicans voted for this bill also. They loose jobs just like everyone else.

Oops. I'm white. I think I'm supposed to believe only "we" are racist for wanting them gone.

If your of Mexican blood, and you want the illegals gone(WHERE EVER THEYRE FROM) , does this make them racist also?

hmmmm.

way to go Arizona!

Their gov. has more balls than Gov. Goodhair here in Texas and he's a guy.

BTW, shes a dem and hes a rep!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

exactly, we need to start enforceing the laws of our country, we also need to help out own LEGAL citizens before bowing down to invasion by crimnals and smugglers. Opposite of what a small group says, the majority of American CITIZENS support this law and stand with AZ. Let these protesters riot, it only shows they have no valid argument, like the ones always throwing out the racism card, are just flailing about throwing out bumper sticker slogans. Akin to "Nazis"? Give me a break, this is only another attack from a side that can't understand our laws must be enforced. This new law requireing law enforcement to enforce other laws aleready on the books. Call it racism or compare it to nazi Germany if you want, the majority has spoken and finally these leeches will be leaveing the country. Mabye the next time they will enter the country by our laws and become legal citizens.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
There need to be BILLS introduced that if you are in the country illegally, your ANCHOR BABIES can not qualify you for citizenship or legal status.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
We are the victims of out own policies. The problem is that the federal government fails to follow through and take the gloves off all in the name of being PC, however, the reality is that those gloves need to come off. Some would say this law is unconstitutional, however the question needs to be asked of all of those who would say such: Is the Constitution of the United States of America such a document, so broad in its powers and laws, that it would cover those citizens in and from other countries, or does it primarily pretain to the United States of America? I myself acknowledge and welcome those from another country who take the time and means to come through the front door. They work to become a citizen and their knowledge of the history, culture and civic responsiblity of being a citizen is impressive. The difference between a legal and an illegale immigrant is that one who is legal wants to be a citizen of the United States of America, there is no greater love, no question of loyalty, no drive greater than to be a part of that country and they try to do their best as citizens of this nation. Those who are not legal immigrants, they have no ties, no loyalities and in short no rights under the laws of the country. This country was build on the backs of immigrants who came here through legal means, seeking to build their fortunes and giving up their homelands for something better. When I view this video tape, it is not that they are rioting that is disturbing, but the lack of respect for the laws of the land, that are suppose to govern and direct how we treat each other. Will there be profiling, probably, is it necessary, yes, however, I would have had more respect for them if they did not lash out in violence, or start throwing around the term racist cause they are upset. It is understandable that they are feeling persecuted, however, they need to realize, they are not here by invitation, they did break the laws, and are criminal and should be punished, but I would caution with some mercy. They also need to realize that they can not demand changes to suit them as the general population who are here will not stand for it, cause we are a tired people, and those who could assist would not be so willing to do such, especially if they are being slandered and attacked because they are upset. The other thing about this bill is that it was going to eventually happen, if not there in Arizona, it could be anywhere in any of the 50 states, and espeically those who are struggling to balance their budgets. Perhaps now the Federal government will start enforcing the laws and following through on what they are suppose to do, and not just turn a blind eye. The President of the United States also should not speak so hastily as he is just as much to blame for this situation as all others before him.

link   

Well how about that, Mexico? Arizona just told you to shove it and take your hypocrisy back down to Mexico and KEEP IT THERE. I hope they arrest and deport every single one of you fricken illegal hypocrites from the whole state. And I hope the other border states do the same thing soon.

Lets have a war and saturate every square in of their country with cluster bombs Then we start building houses. I really don't understand where
they get off with their plan of San Diego.
plan of San Diego.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by randyvs]

link   
I think this is great! The United States should go a couple steps further and adopt the same laws Mexico uses to enforce their own immigration policies.

www.mnforsustain.org...

And perhaps get some of those soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan back here to defend OUR COUNTRY.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doctor Smith
I think this is great! The United States should go a couple steps further and adopt the same laws Mexico uses to enforce their own immigration policies.

www.mnforsustain.org...

And perhaps get some of those soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan back here to defend OUR COUNTRY.

Hey Doc, that link deserves its own thread. Sympathizers are such fools as they fail to hold anyone else responsible for deeds worse than our countries.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

They need to enforce the new law during these riots......you know who will be there!! Why would "Legal" immigrants be rioting!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Yes, something needs to be done about illegal immigration. No, we should not bring back the Gestapo and ask everyone for "papers." I have a sneaking suspicion that most voicing their opinion on here in favor of the bill are white, or at the very least non-mexican. Can you imagine being arrested simply for not having any ID on you? I thought that the freedom loving, generally anti-govt denizens of ATS would think of this.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by MahNameABorat]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
That video looked like it got pretty intense there - people were throwing stuff at the cops, one of the cops got hit in the head.

Why is it that when there are peaceful protests, the cops are out in force, but when a bunch of violent rioters (many of whom might be illegal aliens) are throwing rocks at cops, the cops are backing down and are small in number?

WTF?

It should be the opposite of this. Remember how hard the cops were during the G20 (or whatever) summit a few months back? Peaceful people were getting maced, beat up, etc. Phoenix, the cops are running away.

Makes me wonder if what the true agenda of the government is...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JWH44
Like I said, illegal aliens easily obtain health care by simply using emergency room services.

That's happening now. I don't claim to be able to fix that particular problem immediately, but my other measures would help attack the issue from several angles.

As for getting a job; they are doing that quite well and making a great living without paying taxes, medicare or social security.

You clearly aren't reading my posts.
Go back and read NUMBER ONE here. I'm not going to repeat myself anymore.

Until the laws that are on the books already are enforced to the full extent allowed by statute, employers will continue to hire illegal aliens and their job opportunities will continue.

And that also was covered in my original answer to you, linked above.

Do me a favor. If you are tempted to argue about this further with me, just go back and read the link above, plus all my posts since then and find the answer there. If you absolutely cannot find the answer, THEN ask me about it. I'm tired of addressing the same issues over and over with you.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Love this idea! I hope you don't mind if I add it to my list of measures to address illegal immigration...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doctor Smith

www.mnforsustain.org...

Right...because we should look to countries like Mexico, Iran, and North Korea as our ROLE MODELS to help dictate our policies.

No...we are better than that...and that is why the illegal immigrants WANT to come here...because we are better than that. Or at least some of us are.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
There need to be BILLS introduced that if you are in the country illegally, your ANCHOR BABIES can not qualify you for citizenship or legal status.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by prionace glauca]

And you KNOW that the only solution to that is to deport both the parent and the child...but that is your goal. Crap on the rights of the UNITED STATES citizen (the child)...just to get the brown skinned people out of the country.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join