It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Video* Small riot breaks out in Phoenix over Immigration bill

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Sinple way to resolve the Arizona ILLEGAL alien problem is deport all ILLEGAL aliens now.

Then give the land back to it's RIGHTFUL owners...THE APACHE NATION.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by LurkerMan

so then you just troll for fun?

That depends.

Do you consider defending American citizens rights trolling???

what rights?

the right to not have to prove your allowed to be here?

where the hell were you when i got kicked out of the movies last friday...?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JWH44
My curiosity is this; what do you propose is the solution? How do you propose that immigration officials find and deal with illegal aliens?

If I were king (or queen, actually) I would do several things:

1. Federally mandated HUGE punitive fines or imprisonment for employers of all levels who hire illegal immigrants. Additionally, federal and state level enforcement of current legal hiring practices laws.

2. Work with the governments of the countries whose people illegally immigrate into the US for reasons of survival. For example, we tell Mexico, "If you continue to pay your people unlivable wages, we will discontinue all trade with you. You MUST meet your obligations as a government to take better care of your people."

3. Anyone that commits a crime, requests government aid or education must prove their citizenship. Anyone who goes in for non-emergency medical care must prove their citizenship before treatment. We treat ALL emergency patients, but only if it's an actual emergency.

4. Provide some physical security of the borders. Recall our troops from around the world where they're not wanted or are unproductive and station them along our borders. Put some of the money that we're now spending on useless wars into building a border patrol system that we can be proud of.

5. Legalize a certain substance.

That's where I would start.

And #6, courtesy of member prionace glauca, is to institute legislation that makes children born here of two illegal immigrant parents also illegal immigrants and NOT US citizens.

[edit on 4/24/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Canadian friends of mine have shared their experience on how expensive and tedious a process it is to become a legal citizen, maybe some reform there would also help to curb illegal immigration? This is a country of immigrants, after all. We shouldn't be hypocrites about this.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

how would you identify illegals then???? er wait, you wouldnt, youd rather they continue to steal from, rape and murder legal american citizens...

now i know truth is hard to swallow sometimes but here you go: ..again
www.usillegalaliens.com...
immigrationcounters.com...
www.americanpatrol.com...
www.endillegalimmigration.com...&_Statistics/index.shtml

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Let's see, now: They are protesting against a legally enacted law, so doesn't that make them domestic terrorists like the tea party? I guess Homeland Security can now step in and start arresting without charges and detain them indefinitely. On a positive note, maybe La Raza will join the fight against torture and extraordinary rendidtion.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by TrueAmerican

Lies.

Those are the jobs that Americans do not want

Too damn bad!!!! "Americans" need to get off their lazy butts, and instead of collect welfare, food stamps, and so on etc handouts get off their butts and go get sweaty.

www.usdebtclock.org...

If there are 26 million unemployed, and 39 million on food stamps, then there is no shortage of people to do the jobs the illegals are doing.

What is better for the economy, welfare or people do the illegals jobs? Half the money the illegals make they wire back home out of our economy anyways.

Originally posted by MrAndy
Canadian friends of mine have shared their experience on how expensive and tedious a process it is to become a legal citizen, maybe some reform there would also help to curb illegal immigration? This is a country of immigrants, after all. We shouldn't be hypocrites about this.

When there are hundreds of thousands per year flowing across the borber while sidestepping the legal process how much space do you think that allows for people trying to do it legally?

[edit on 24-4-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
I think we are just seeing the beginning of much worse to come.
I bet by tommorow there will be riots not only in Az but in other parts of the country.
This is not the end of it.
Things are looking ugly up ahead.

I still support this move. Good Job Brewer.

Oh man? you guys are your wishfull thinking, if you want everything to fall apart then why don't you start it.

they are not going to riot they live here like everyone else, they drink the fluoride water and take the pills like all of us.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   

they will be profiled because arizona is on the border with mexico(problem source)

So you admit that American citizens will be profiled...now we are making progress.

Tell me...WHY do you think this is ok? Why do you think it is ok for some American citizens to sacrafice their rights???

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

what rights?

No American citizen should have to PROVE they are allowed here...that is the whole point.

ANd what rights? How about their 4th amendment rights?

And the fact that American citizens with brown skin will now be guilty until they can prove their innocence.

If you can't see the problems with this bill...then you are being willfully ignorant about it...or worse.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Ok, those are all good ideas. However, I still would like this question answered; how do we identify who is illegal in the first place? I would like to know some standard that would be successful and wouldn't offend anyone.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Funny thing is I live in Phoenix,Ahwatukee area,I've yet to see any protestors or anything of that nature,maybe on west end I guess,and I was out doing shopping today

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
what rights?

No American citizen should have to PROVE they are allowed here...that is the whole point.[/quote

The issue everyone might be ignoring is that all citizens in most states are required by law to carry their ID on them when they leave their property. Go get pulled over as a passenger, tell the cop you dont have ID, and watch his/her response.

ANd what rights? How about their 4th amendment rights?

Whose 4th Amendment rights? Illegals dont have the same rights. Naturally legal citizens might get hassled...
Does anyone have any figures of how many hispanics in Arizona are actual citizens, percentage wise?

The point is you have to start someplace. When you have states that have been facilitating illegals, when its time to clean house to balance the nature of things some eggs are going to be broken. It'd be like trying to expell NWO operatives from a society. The NWO elements are sure to go out kicking and screaming, causing instability. Should we not resist the NWO just because some eggs might get broken on the way? On the same note, we'll know to look for NWO elements in DC and Wall Street, much like we'll know to look in places like Arizona for illegals.

If you want stability in the nation then the border states are the ones who will have to enable it.

And the fact that American citizens with brown skin will now be guilty until they can prove their innocence.

Hmm... answer what percentage of the Arizona hispanic population are actual legals and we might have somewhere to go with this one...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Sorry to burst the bubble but this law will never ever be enforced, luckly for all Hispanic Americans here legally, this will only will lead to racial profiling and discrimination and violation of our rights.

If they really wanted to have this immigration problem solved they would really shut down the boarder, and crack down hard on employers hiring illegals, if there is no work they would just leave.

This law will do more bad then good to the people it's trying to supposedly protect.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by XNeMeSis21]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by XNeMeSis21

If they really wanted to have this immigration problem solved they would really shut down the boarder, and crack down hard on employers hiring illegals, if there is no work they would just leave.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by XNeMeSis21]

Again, I ask the question; how do you determine who is hiring illegal aliens without identifiying the illegal aliens in question? How do you propose we do that without offending anyone?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

how would you identify illegals then???? er wait, you wouldnt, youd rather they continue to steal from, rape and murder legal american citizens...

You are right...I wouldn't attempt to identify illegals INSIDE our borders...because you will be targeting a group of people...most of which are American citizens.

Identify them at the border as they are crossing...if you fail there then tough cookies...you missed your chance.

And you know what...a lot of blacks steal, rape and murder legal american citizens...let's round all them up too.

OH WAIT...you know what...a lot of whites steal, rape, and murder legal american citizens...let's round them all up too.

HOLD UP...I just realized something...a lot of american citizens steal, rape, and murder legal american citizens...let's just round up everyone.

Your arguments are so laughable because they aren't ARGUMENTS...they are an attempt at JUSTIFICATION of an unjust law. THat is all you have...trying to justify an unjust law.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Ok, so do you have any better ideas on how to identify everyone that crosses the border?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Again, I ask the question; how do you determine who is hiring illegal aliens without identifiying the illegal aliens in question? How do you propose we do that without offending anyone?

The system is broken I agree with that, and I don't have all the answers, all I was pointing out is that this will only cause more problems then it fixes.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Hmm... answer what percentage of the Arizona hispanic population are actual legals and we might have somewhere to go with this one...

Rough numbers for 2005/2006...did this really quick...could be off some:

Az population ~ 6 million

Az Hispanic population ~ 30% ~ 1.8 million

Illegal Immigrant estimate ~ 500,000

So the MAJORITY of hispanics in Az are NOT illegal.

Az Demographics

Az Illegal Estimates

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Ok, so do you have any better ideas on how to identify everyone that crosses the border?

He just said it: If nobody catches them crossing the border then once they're in thats it, they're in!

Therefore, this is for you OutKast Searcher, do you suppose we build a wall that they'll never be able to get past? Oh, and if illegals are stopped say in a traffic incident, if they're justifiably identified should they be automatically deported????

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join