It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Video* Small riot breaks out in Phoenix over Immigration bill

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I understand the problems with this bill, but it could get MUCH worse, and will if we do nothing. Just because a law COULD be abused, does not mean it is a bad law.
Any law can be abused, and has been by those inclined to do so. Any abuses should be dealt with as well.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

ah there you are...

you have no arguement, you might as well leave the thread. all yourdoing is pissing people off with your race and sympathy cards but you have no case. illegals dont want to stay in mexico and make mexico better, they want to come here and make america worse. why do you suppose that is?? for the love of america?? absolutely not. so just take your media driven opinon and apologist views somewheres else..

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Maybe those FEMA camps are gonna get broke in a little earlier than expected, eh?

Disgusting as this sounds... maybe they ought to think about chipping ALL the legal workers. No chip... no work. And supply them with tamperproof IDs that are required to be carried at all times.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by LurkerMan
and now we wait for outkast searcher to get briefed on how to handle this thread....

way to go arizona

Wow...you really give me way too much importance.

Believe me...no one would pay me to combat the ignorance going on here....they would pay me to ENCOURAGE IT.

Think about it.

so then you just troll for fun?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

Webster's definition of a terrorist:

"Violent or destructive acts commited by a group or groups in order to intimidate a population into granting their demands."

So in the blink of an eye, they went from illegals to terrorists, by definition.

And this happened on Government property?

These people really don't know what they are potentially getting themselves into.

What I'm seeing right now out of these yahoo's is a lot of ignorance and violence. And some of you actually want them here?

You know all that money we throw at them for welfare, food stamps, medical care, and schooling? Stop the flow. NOW.

Take all that money, build a MUCH higher concrete wall with barbed wire on top, get with property owners along the border to establish easement rights, they will be MORE than happy to cooperate. Keep the fence off Federal land. We don't want THEM involved. Establish ports of entry along the new border wall from California to New Mexico. Set up or build new buildings to house educational, background check, and testing facilities for those who want to live here in the state of Arizona ONLY. Keep ALL of this OFF Federal land.

Washington has been useless to us for going on 30 years now, and look at the mess we're in because of it. We're going to start taking care of ourselves. We know what our needs and issues are more than Washington does anyway.

Peace

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
I am nowhere near the border. I am in Rhode Island and we are dealing with illegals here as well. I remember a few years ago where a factory was raided and there were 2 or 3 hundred illegals working there. Guess what? When they were gone, that left positions open for the citizens. Every single position was filled within a week.

I have lived in a safe city for many years until the influx of illegal immigrants came here. An increase in crime was evident. Thefts are common place, graffiti everywhere in certain neighborhoods, iron bars on shop windows etc. Recently, within a month, we have had at least 3 episodes of shootings nearby. Hispanic names in the paper all the time relating to crimes.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Night Star]

I used to say live and let live with the illegals. I even overlooked the fact that two doors down a batch of them of about 25 or so (and this is no exageration because I've asked some of them) took up residence in a 3 bedroom rental house. What they usually do is work during the day and then all sit out front and drink beer. They would throw their beer cans all over the front yard. They would also come back from a convenience store and throw their trash wherever they were walking at the time including my front yard.... I even tolerated this...

Then one of them had the audacity to climb into my backyard and steal one of my chickens. There is no other criminal element in my neighborhood so I knew right were to go... I went to their delapidated house (due to the abuse it has recently taken) and asked for my chicken back. They pulled the usual "No speaky English" ploy. So I told them, NO POLLO then POLICIA! Whithin one hour the chicken was back in my backyard.

It is one thing to be here illegally but when you have such a disregard for the country that you are trespassing in to commit illegal acts then you'd best move along I say.

None of those guys have any wish to become citizens anyway. They are parasites. All of their money (Except for beer, and sattelite TV for watching soccer) gets sent back south of the border. You should see all of the Hispanic money wiring businesses that we have here. Few if any are even bothering to learn our language too. They regularly speak Spanish to our cashiers who have to either learn the language to understand them or be bewildered by the strange misunderstood requests. Which is usually for phone calling cards. Almost all of the convenience store clerks speak Spanish now. So in effect the illegals are bending our citizens to their wills and not the other way around. Of course one can argue that learning a foreign language is a good thing but the illegals could have the respect to do the same.

Bush and big business loved illegals for what they were doing for the bottom line of their wallets but us regular people have to deal with the true side effects of the greed and it ain't pretty.

If I go to another country then I'm going to follow their immigration laws. I'd be a fool not to. It is amazing that there are illegals here that have gotten as brazen as they've become.

It is also a shame that the illegals regularly trash the neighborhoods that they encroach upon and commit by far most of the crimes that occur there too.

GO ARIZONA! May Texas follow in your footsteps.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
ok i'm not exactly how the supporter of the bill came across to those people but clearly he is a proud american who supports the bill but yet he has to walk away from his right to protest, he is being harrased by people who support illegals.

This is not about race or anything, you don't hear any other races complaining about this law. The mexicans are just scared because they do not want to go back home and be like the rest of their fellow citizens. Their country has wealth but the whole thing is corrupt because of drug cartels.

Look at the inmate population, i'm pretty sure that a lot of them are illegals but since its not the job of the county sheriff to check their status we're keeping them into our system, allowing to grow their illegal enterprise and costing taxpayer beaucoup money.

This whole mess is just so damn big that no law is going to clean up right.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I live in Arizona and was born here and came back after working for our Government and getting ready to retire.
With that Said!
I am Damn Proud Of My State!
My Wife, who I meet in the Peoples Republic of China and she is now A Naturalized Citizen of The United States, Also Loves our State and She Loves America.
Yes, my wife post here sometimes.

Yes, my wife was stopped and with here poor English was asked for not only her D/Lic. but also her Green Card. Which I want to add, She showed to the Officer with out delay.
Now, this is funny, every sense she has got her U.S. Passport and Naturalization Paper,,,, she has tried to speed and get stopped, because she is so very proud and I am too.
Listen, you don't want to learn out language, Go Home, you don't want to put the dirty toilet paper in the toilet, Go Home, you want to play that God Awful music all hours of the night and give beer to 15 yr olds, Go Home.
Better YET,,,, You Don't Want To Asimulate into American Society, GO HOME!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

I have lived in a safe city for many years until the influx of illegal immigrants came here. An increase in crime was evident.
Hispanic names in the paper all the time relating to crimes.

And this one can identify an illegal BY NAME ALONE.

We truly have some exceptional people here.

No racial profiling though...nope..that isn't going to happen.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I knew there would be riots. And it's going to get worse. That's MY prediction, a very safe one, I know.

I've read the law and here are my thoughts.

Even though I agree with this legislation to a point, the glee over this by some members here bothers me. I know you have every right to express it, but people are most likely going to die over this. Innocent Americans are going to be profiled, hassled, arrested and humiliated over this. Possibly worse. People assume that only illegal immigrants will suffer as a result of this, but they're not seeing the whole picture.

This is not a good situation for ANYONE involved. It's really a last resort effort. Arizona and California, Texas and New Mexico - where I live - are going to suffer as a result of this. Directly as a result of the federal government not doing its part to enforce our immigration laws and its complicity in supporting the illegal immigration trade. There are going to be some dark times ahead for MANY people and it's nothing to be thrilled about.

I do hope that it will have an effect on the feds getting their stuff together, but I doubt it. More likely, they will force AZ to rescind the law or something like that, which will cause more riots... Not a good situation, any way we look at it. :shk:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I don't believe in borders. I wish we could jut be one world. Just imagine it. It's much better than you think.

I notice that my opinion defers a lot from most of ATS on this issue.

Anyway, how hard is it to get a passport anyway? Why do they have to be illegal? Besides that, it's not really that bad of a crime compared to other things.

This bill just leads to racism.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

Your posting remarks that illegal immigrants do not want to learn English and that all illegals want to turn America into Mexico because of some ignorant flag waving immigrant that waves a Mexican flag in view of the media cameras.

You throw everyone into the same category with no regard to the truth. The truth is you have generalized this problem and now suppose as evidenced by your posting that all illegals wont learn English and all illegals want to turn America into Mexico because of some flag.

When you paint everyone with such a broad stroke of bigotry, how would it be if I stated all white people are stupid because you said what you said. It would be wrong and if someone called it ignorant bigotry, they would be dead on with the truth.

While you are more than entitled to your opinions, stating illegals will not learn English and only want to support Mexico is a deluded thought in your head that is embellished by your personal bigotry for illegals. The fact that you use the term "THEM" so much speaks volumes of who you are and what attitude you have regarding illegals and or immigrants because there comes a point where some illegals become legal and I know that even the legal immigrants probably rub you the wrong way for your own personal reasons.

Well, it would be wrong for anyone to assume that everyone that is an illegal does not speak English or does not want to learn English. While there are those Mexicans that do indeed cling to Spanish, there are millions who do what you state they will not. Millions learn English and assimilate into American culture. This is where your opinion is a false statement based on false and personal information that allows you to state that all of them wont learn the English and so forth and so forth because they are Mexico loving flag waving illegals.

I have read many of your ATS postings and for the most part you are like most ATS members that like to share valid ideas and or personal comments, but when you go down the road to defining all illegals as Mexico loving non English learning immigrants, you define yourself as a bigot with some serious issues. Your ideas are a complete falsehood that if you would do some research on your own you would find to be contrary to what you posted.

You are entitled to your bigoted remarks, but as long as you display no concern for the truth I will be here to remind you that your remarks are as divisive and bigoted as they come. I do not expect an apology or even a tacit admission of guilt on your part, but I read your words and they reek of bigotry.

Recently you have allowed yourself to be influenced by those that seem to tickle your bigot button. Stop painting everyone with such a broad brush and I will go back to just being a fly on the wall. I have better things to do than confronting the many bigots that post their hate and ignorance for others to read on ATS as if it were truth. This is suppose to be a forum for sharing ideas and communicating with each other for the purpose of overcoming ignorance based on what the truth is and not on what personal delusions or prejudices we have in our heads.

There are plenty of KKK and hate sites that will gladly embrace your patronage. All you have to do is go fishing for hate and you will catch that sticking fish anytime you like. ATS is a place where ignorance can be overcome, not a place where you can platform your bigoted remarks and think no one will notice. I noticed and you can bet there are others like me that noted your remarks and went..yeah, there's one there that thinks he is better than others because he was born in America and because he is white.

This is the ugly world we live in, but I choose to make my world better by contributing truth and honesty where bigotry and falsehoods exist. You should do the same, but do what you please, just temper your bigoted remarks if you expect to stop my fixation with your bigoted remarks because as long as you persist, I will do my part to show everyone just how wrong you are and how bigoted you are.

One of us is morally right and one of us is morally wrong. Take a guess and figure this one out if you can do so without lying to yourself, because it will move you towards a more truthful existence once you accept your faults and or mistakes in life. Going through life blaming "Them" says more about you than you realize. I just know you could better if you tried.

Your move.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

The reason people keep saying illegals and mexicans is because that is what we have the most of.

True...the population of ILLEGALS is mostly hispanic (not just mexican...do you see how that "sounds" racist???)

But the MAJORIY of hispanics in AMERICA are NOT ILLEGAL.

So when you TARGET hispanics...just because of the color of their skin (or their name as you did above)...you are mostly targeting AMERICAN CITIZENS.

Why is that so hard for some of you to understand???

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I'm curious; I see a lot of people talking about the need for the Federal Government to "get their act together" and work to solve the illegal immigration problem. Then they usually turn around and complain about having their rights violated when they are subjected to inspections and questioning about alienage. My curiosity is this; what do you propose is the solution? How do you propose that immigration officials find and deal with illegal aliens?

I'm not being sarcastic or smart by asking this; I just really would like to hear some viable options.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

My "argument" is that this bill will target a subset of AMERICAN CITIZENS based on the color of their skin.

You guys don't even deny this...you just say that they should be HAPPY to provide their papers to "improve our country".

You have yet to give a valid argument how this isn't going to trample on a subset of American Citizens rights....in fact it already has in that truckers case. But that's right...you guys don't believe his story...that is convenient for all of you. Just turn a blind eye when injustices are commited against AMERICAN CITIZENS.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

So long as AZ stands it's ground... it's going to force CA, NM, and TX to follow suit. Waiting for the Feds to get the job done was never gonna happen... y'all should have realized that 30 years ago. This is a giant burden that is going to fall on each and every state. That means every state is responsible for their own borders. If you'd been paying attention... you'd already know that AZ has plenty of empty crypts ready and waiting. Nobody's gonna miss an ILLEGAL ALIEN if they haven't taken the time and effort to register and make their presence known. Just poof... problem gone.

In other words...

If they happen to get shot while breaking the law... and there's no way of knowing who they are because they didn't bother to register... they might want to rethink their presence and purpose on American soil... especially those involved in drug cartels.

[edit on 24/4/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

Mr. Black,

I agree with your statements concerning the use of broad, generalized terms and how that can be an unfair stereotyping of a group of people. I have made the same argument on this forum about the generalizations of law enforcement. However, I do have to disagree with some of you logic. You state that there is a large portion of ILLEGAL aliens that wish to assimilate into the American way of life; learn English, etc. I have to say, that in my professional law enforcement career, I have NEVER encountered an ILLEGAL alien that had ANY desire to participate in the American way of life.

Are there some out there; I'm sure that there have to be a few, but my experience has shown me that aliens here illegally are in no way concerned with becoming American citizens. They are here to work illegally and send that money right back to Mexico or whatever other country they are from (not all illegal immigrants are from Mexico or are even Hispanic; I know that). They have no urge to pay taxes, support their adopted communities or embrace the idea of becoming American. Their allegiance lies with their home country. They might learn rudimentary English so that they can function in their work environment, but that is as far as it goes.

And that is just speaking of the working element. The true criminals, the same thing applies, but they actually do tend to learn English; not because they feel a need to be a part of American society, but because it makes it easier for them to elude detection and continue their criminal activities.

I speak all of this from personal experience. I have several years in law enforcement and I have dealt with my fair share of illegal and legal aliens. I treat everyone with the same respect and courtesy that I am shown and then some. I am not defending racist behavior, but I am pointing out the reality of the situation.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

so then you just troll for fun?

That depends.

Do you consider defending American citizens rights trolling???

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Perhaps the riots are the whole idea behind the law. THEY WANT VIOLENCE. Then they can respond with force and do whatever they want because IT"S AN EMERGENCY!!!!
FEMA is now your government. WHY? Because you pissed off all the illegals in the country and created chaos all through the southwest.
While I agree with all your sentiments TrueAmerican I have to wonder if this is not what they (the PTB) really want so they can institute martial law?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

they will be profiled because arizona is on the border with mexico(problem source)

if the issue were illegal Canadian immigration on our Northern border, then white people would be profiled. This isnt a racial issue(as much as you want it to be) its a regional issue.

if mexican american citizens truely feel its a racial issue then perhaps they should try temporarily moving away from the region where the issue exists, and see if its still a problem.

id bet a good chunk of change a Mexican American citizen wont have that problem in say...Boston.

the issue is a reality, stop crying and deal with it.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join