It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Video* Small riot breaks out in Phoenix over Immigration bill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by zzombie

ZZombi.....You hit the nail right on the head. They, the Mexicans could "fight" for what they really want. Freedom does not come easy.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nemesis0123
It's about time someone got tough on immigration. This is welcomed news. Those who are rioting, find the illegals among them, and deport them on the spot.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Nemesis0123]
exactly what needs to happen too! Nationwide, skip anyone saying, its not right. This law needs to be had nationwide. And if mexico has a problem with it, the rio grande is the line.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
All of you keep saying "illegals" and Mexicans".

You're blatantly ignoring this effects legal citizens, average people just trying to make it in a terrible economy with a corrupt government.

Yet you keep trying to segregate them, pushing them away. In the end all you will have is yourself, facing tyranny.

I'd rather have my fellow man with me rather than use immigration as an excuse to promote racism, bigotry, and violence.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
if i remember correctly, the jews were trying to get their families out of Germany...not in

so let me get this straight.

the only way to combat public opinion on illegal immigration, is to sign onto an internet forum on different names and try to loosely connect the issue with nazi Germany?

is comparing something to hitler like a last resort effort to play off of guilt?

because thats pretty desperate.

we all know the jews were pooring into Germany in droves, looking for a better life, right?

i guess Anne frank must have had several diary entries to the extent of "Were taking over!"

::edit:: i forgot to roll my eyes

[edit on 24-4-2010 by LurkerMan]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

Because everyone is likening the Nazi references to the Jewish side of events.

It has nooooooooothing at all to do with the checkpoints, gestappo practices. or beating legal citizens, arresting legal citizens.

Yeah this has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with how legal citizens are being treated when we liken it to the Nazis.

Seriously, we were really trying to depict that Hispanics are like the Jewish...

Not that the laws and police are like the SS...

You caught us with our pants down...

Or really, it's you looking to string together some bits of logic, thrown into a blender. Hoping your psuedo-logic will spin people away from the fact the way Hispanics are being treated is exactly like how the Nazis treated the Jewish people...

And it has nothing to do with comparing Hispanics to Jewish. but comparing the authoritarian control in power to the Nazis.

Glad I could help you catch up pal.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I also think it's hilarious about Mexico's immigration laws; they sure are some hypocrites. I commend Gov Brewer on her toughness and determination on getting this bill passed. While it might not be the best way of going about immigration, at the very least it has gotten the attention of Obama and the feds and maybe now we can get a federal immigration bill that isn't a joke and is actually enforced.

I'm not a complete monster. I understand that most immigrants don't want trouble, just to work hard and make some money for their family's well being. Unfortunately, that DOES NOT give anyone, whether they be Mexican or from another planet, the right to illegally come into this country and expect the same rights as citizens. While some people will argue til they turn blue, this is just one of those issues where IF, and I say IF you have common sense, there really isn't a logical argument. Want to come into this country, do it legally like mine and many others' grandparents and great grandparents did. In a Justice system that is supposed to work, there aren't supposed to be any exceptions.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This legislation is like shaking a stick at a hornets nest! How many illegal immigrants are in this country, what some 20 or 30 million by conservative figures? They are not going to be too thrilled about this one, and the riot videos are a prime example of that. Just imagine for one moment, the LA riots of 1992 in every major American city as a result of this legislation. Now that is going to be one hell of a horror show! Is this action appropriate and fair? That is in the eye of the beholder, however, someone needs to take this issue to task.

That video with the American flag flying below the Mexican flag is downright insulting and disrespectful! The onlookers could not comment on what the veteran did, because they knew he was right in what he did. In other words, what he did took the words right out of their mouths. Immigrants, whether legal or illegal must remember that they are guests in this country and should act accordingly. It goes for Americans when they visit other countries, as well. "When in Rome do as the Romans do."

At the very least, people should at least respect the country, and if they are illegal, these protests are like singing to the choir. Their rights are not being infringed upon by this legislation. Hopefully, it will encourage immigrants to seek out legal avenues for employment in this country. At the very least, we can make things a little difficult and enforce our laws. Where is the injustice in that? If they get caught, they will be sent home with transportation provided by the US government. People will continue to return, but if they realize how difficult it is for them to catch a break, the influx may subside with time?

Allow me to play devil's advocate for a moment, this legislation has an inkling of becoming a Fascist initiative if it boils down to all Americans getting a national identification card to travel within the continental United States and across state lines. Lately, when a politician is given an inch for a piece of legislation, they will almost certainly try and take a mile. So, we must be ever mindful of this measure, and how it could go to extremes if one is not cautious and questionable about its true intentions.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I am nowhere near the border. I am in Rhode Island and we are dealing with illegals here as well. I remember a few years ago where a factory was raided and there were 2 or 3 hundred illegals working there. Guess what? When they were gone, that left positions open for the citizens. Every single position was filled within a week.

I have lived in a safe city for many years until the influx of illegal immigrants came here. An increase in crime was evident. Thefts are common place, graffiti everywhere in certain neighborhoods, iron bars on shop windows etc. Recently, within a month, we have had at least 3 episodes of shootings nearby. Hispanic names in the paper all the time relating to crimes.

I could go on and on how illegal immigration has affected the lives of legal citizens. It's not a pretty picture. No one should be afraid in their own neighborhoods. No one should have to put up with this insanity any longer. The people have had enough and this is far from over. Our government has failed the American citizens for far too long.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Night Star]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Its truely great to finally see a state with some "GUTS",I only hope that others will follow.That being said the courts will probably strike it down just like they have in California,I hope not but probably will.

I hope the illegals do riot,this will just solidify why they need to be gotten rid of and it will give the police a chance to arrest as many as they can.Can you imagine going to any other country and riotting over your ILLEGAL status??????what the hell has happened to America,how croupt has our political system become?!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOO Arizona.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Battleline]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AntiNWO

There will be demonstration after demonstration by so-called "pro-immigration" groups, lawsuit after lawsuit, and political organizing the likes of which have never been seen in Arizona. This law will be challenged constantly, until it costs too much to enforce.

The "pro-immigration" groups need to learn the difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien, one is worth fighting for, the other is a burden on society. When they bring a lawsuit pertaining to illegals the judge should fine them for wasting tax payer money and toss it all out of court.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

AZ had a reason to do what they did.

Nazi's had no reason to do what they did.

huge difference.

so please, enlighten me to how the situations are similar? and leave it in context this time.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Should have had the National Guard there to round them up, put em on trucks and bring them back to where ever they came from. Kinda disturbing that our country allows massive protests by people here illegally? How is that sane?

And here is the problem...Rockpuck here just did what every Az. police will now do...look at a person...see brown skin...and declare them illegal.

Rockpuck...do you realize how ignorant of a statement you just made???

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Either we are a nation of laws, or we are not. Enough is enough.
This is a step in the right direction. If certain jobs are not getting done as a result of this action to deport, well the pay will rise and people will step forward to do those jobs.
This cash economy is driving down wages.
Enforce the laws.
We need to stand with Arizona, or we all get forced into the world citizenship program. A country without borders results in a people without a country.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
All of you keep saying "illegals" and Mexicans".

You're blatantly ignoring this effects legal citizens, average people just trying to make it in a terrible economy with a corrupt government.

Yet you keep trying to segregate them, pushing them away. In the end all you will have is yourself, facing tyranny.

I'd rather have my fellow man with me rather than use immigration as an excuse to promote racism, bigotry, and violence.

The reason people keep saying illegals and mexicans is because that is what we have the most of. If this is effecting legal citizens then why are most of the people in Arizona happy about this new law? I would gladly provide any documentation needed to prove my legal status if it would help curb illegal immigration.

You pro illegal people can play the race card all you want. We are not racist just because we want our laws enforced or because we want to feel safe in our own neighborhoods, or because we want a job to provide for our families.

You say "in the end you'll only have youself facing tyranny." We are facing gangs, murderers, pedophiles, theives, lost jobs etc every day. We have had enough and have been pushed too far for too long.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Obama and Congress should take example from Gov. Brewer and actually try to pass legislation that will help Americans in America.

But all we get are laws with the guise of "change for the better" which really do the opposite of what the current administration claims.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by BlubberyConspiracy]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

i take it you fill the position of every police officer in AZ?

your statement was even more ignorant than his was

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Well I guess that is a quick 10,000 that need their IDs checked under the new law.....

And another that can spot an illegal just by looking...you guys are good.

Yep...I see this bill is going to be very fair.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

pushing shoving officers and throwing at Officers thouse illegals would be in a Detainee FEMA Camp

And we have another individual that can identify an illegal JUST by looking at them.

But don't worry everyone....there will be no profiling going on...nope...none.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Rather than deporting or detaining these illegals i think we could put em on a boat to the middle east and see what a bad country actually looks like.
Then let's see them wave flags and protest and see how that works out.
Truly though. i have always thought the usa should have kept Mexico after the mex/Amer war. Hell why not go back and take it. probs fixed were all American citizens now.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LurkerMan
and now we wait for outkast searcher to get briefed on how to handle this thread....

way to go arizona

Wow...you really give me way too much importance.

Believe me...no one would pay me to combat the ignorance going on here....they would pay me to ENCOURAGE IT.

Think about it.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join