It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Video* Small riot breaks out in Phoenix over Immigration bill

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican-Hypocrite

Can you imagine if 10,000 Americans went down to Mexico illegally, waved American flags in their faces saying they were going to take over Mexico

Remember a little thing called Mexican–American War from 1846 to 1848
en.wikipedia.org...

Map
www.sonofthesouth.net...

America stole Mexican land, then say fick off to people.

Hypocrites.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by acrux]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sremmos

Being retired military (27 years) and having had lived in several foreign countries as well as having a wife whom is a green card holder I can make this statement from facts. The USA is the ONLY country I'm aware of where it's not mandatory to carry a passport. Go to any other country and see what happens when you don't have your so called papers on your person. My wife although not Hispanic came to this country through the appropriate channels. YES she has a good job, but she also has a social security number, so she too can pay her hard earned money and taxes that go towards the undocumented/illegals.

Does anyone know the real numbers at stake here? I think most do not.

But here are some figures for you. immigrationcounters.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
im sick and tired of all the looters and polluters

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
reply to

And you notice the guy who picked up the Mexican flag would not say a word and promptly took his flag right back inside, where it belongs! Wahaha!!!!

[edit on Sat Apr 24th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

If you expect to get responses from people on this site that actually have substance, I'd suggest you tone down your ignorant side marks.

You sound like a moron.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by acrux
reply to post by TrueAmerican-Hypocrite

Can you imagine if 10,000 Americans went down to Mexico illegally, waved American flags in their faces saying they were going to take over Mexico

Remember a little thing called Mexican–American War from 1846 to 1848
en.wikipedia.org...

Map
www.sonofthesouth.net...

America stole Mexican land, then say fick off to people.

Hypocrites.

I support something being done about the illegal immigration crisis...

But I also acknowledge the crimes of imperialism that brought about the land issue at issue here.

But with your fervorism, I really must say that the same thing could be argued over "Mexico's" existence just the same.

This isn't to ignore the 150 year old criminal product of imperialism, but what are we to do now? This sin't as simple as if we wanted to liberate Hawaii (which was also illegally annexed).

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redneck from Hell
If you expect to get responses from people on this site that actually have substance, I'd suggest you tone down your ignorant side marks.

You sound like a moron.

How was that ignorant? A Mexican flag, except for special uses, belongs in Mexico. Not positioned on top of an American one right here in the US on a public business.

And that's the infuriating thing about this all to me. It's one thing to run from crime, corruption, poverty and the like in your own country- but then to take your flag to the next country, cross illegally, set up shop and flag, and not even bother to learn the language?

There is a middle finger in the face to all Americans when it is done that way. A middle finger, and one well placed AZ law back at 'em. !

And oh, I won't mention what you sound like, because that would be a personal attack over an internet forum. I like to keep mine face to face.

[edit on Sun Apr 25th 2010 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I wonder what an American Indian would think about YOUR immigration status. You know all non whites are going to get stopped in Arizona now. White republicans are shipping jobs overseas to virtual slaves as we speak, and hiring illegals at well below going rate. How is it your ancestors came thousands of miles away across the Atlantic, but you will deny Carlos the right to walk a few miles across the border in the land of his ancestors to seek work. The innate superiority complex of Anglo Saxons is shining through now, considering yourselves somehow culturally, morally and mentally superior. Hypocrites. How dare you deny someone the privilege you benefit from every day. It's not like it was earned, it was stolen and paid for in blood. It's not like these people even have a quarter of the rights you enjoy when here. If you wanted a White Christian based nation,
A:you should have never left Europe for Indian land
B:you never should have imported Twelve million Africans to be your slave labor
C:You definitely should not have destroyed economically, spiritually, and culturally the native lands of most of the immigrants here. Who in their right mind would leave their family, warm weather, and homeland for the cold winters of New York, Boston, London, etc? They come in droves because their traditional cultural ecosystem is destroyed, they're monetary systems are now tied into western banks, there's usually a war going on, and there's no longer anything to eat.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by siahchi]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Wolfenz

pushing shoving officers and throwing at Officers thouse illegals would be in a Detainee FEMA Camp

And we have another individual that can identify an illegal JUST by looking at them.

But don't worry everyone....there will be no profiling going on...nope...none.

opps you forgot to put (where i from )

not looking Just hearing and their actions !
what???? what is the reason ?? why they are Protesting ? ! ! ? Again

I notice a Heavy Accent in the video Ive have seen a Mexican flag waving above a American Flag a Shop/restaurant in our country on the same thread This one

it doesn't matter how you look at it those Mexicans or Mexican Descent of them are Supporting Illegals in this country! like they have a right of a American citizen that where i have a Problem !

Illegal or a Legal Immigrant ,
it is easy to deport them them from where im from and Mexicans have been deported just as the Chinese & Pakistanis from my Area Border Patrols Agents are so thick they are seen more often then State Troopers thats 30+ Miles away from the Boarder! Upstate(Upper) New York does not Mess Around ! there is even Spy Towers Along the Boarder Were I'm from

I have Nothing against Hispanics they are sorta like me in a way!!!

you know mixed race of Southern Indian Spanish Descent!
but for me its Northern American/Canadian Indian with Celtic Descent

are you from the boarder ?

Ever Been to Chattanooga! Tennessee

Brief Story !!!

I went on a 3day vacation for a Emergency

death in the family of my Fiance (paperwork identification of the body etc..) in 2008 I thought it would be great seeing all American State
I was wrong in Chattanooga

everywhere i went from a gas station that was Owned and Operated by Pakistanis a hotel owned by Indian from India Get this Irony ! A Food Court at the one of the Malls In Chattanooga Called American Star!! Owned Operated by a Family from Pakistan
This was 2 Years Ago Ill never Forget that Business everywhere i went to was Foreigner Owned! in a Metro AREA this was not California LA or New york City this wasn't in Texas i would of expected that in a Major city
but in a Transportation hub ?

Snippit [ note from 2000 censer ]

The 2000 census recorded 11,150 foreign-born residents in Chattanooga metro area. That was a 2.4 percent share of the overall population, which was lower than the share for the state (2.8%). The 2000 data showed an increase of 115.9 percent in the immigrant population since 1990, which compared with a 8.3 percent increase in the native-born population (which includes children born to immigrants) over the same period. That meant that immigration accounted directly for 14.7 percent of the overall population increase of the metro area.

Scroll down to the FOREIGN-BORN POPULATION =Note Chart above is from 2000 its 2010 now
www.fairus.org...

so Keep it up Keep on Slamming ! something you don't have a clue about ! we are loosing jobs and they the Immigrants are draining our States and Government
Bad enough major American owned company's are selling OUT our country's Workforce to China then turn around Literately
and sell the products back to us! Made in China made in USA by Immigrant Workers ! when are we are going to make a stand !

I say Close the Statue of Liberty Book for now

We Need to take care our own
Tire Hungry and Poor !!!!
right now!!!

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Wolfenz]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by siahchi

What exactly is your point? This is all about white people against everybody else that isn't white?
There is really NO such thing as an "Indian", or Native American that held rights of any nature to America. Throughout history, land has always been for the TAKING. Sure, you could purchase land, but that did not mean it would not be taken from you by force.
Even Native Americans took possession of land from others by force.
So Native Americans, (my great-grandfather was full-blooded Choctaw), were a very diverse people that included murderers, liars and thieves.
Many European would-be immigrants were denied entry to America during the times of the mass migrations to the New World. They were given a physical, and many were turned away.
Only fairly recently has the U.S. government been so lax in controlling immigration, and we are paying the price.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Okay i have been with the thread since it started.Any updates about the riots??????

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

My point, just because you killed enough people to win a war, does not make this your land. Land, unless unsettled, has never been "just for the taking". And I think everyone can agree that the British and Neo British (American) empires are truly frightening in their scope, methodologies and tactics. In fact the only non-European parallel that can be drawn is the Mongol Empire, although to be fair they never imposed they're culture upon the conquered as the Anglo Saxons did.You fancy yourselves so much more advanced than those who live differently(and often harmoniously with their enviroment), yet the Earth is scorched in your wake, everything your governments touch is corrupted by greed, and your pride in your heritage always comes at the expense of others. The unbridled aggression and subjugation of other speaks of a deep seated inferiority complex, plainly visible to humanity around the world at this point. It's why you all claim to be 1/16th Native American, and why you lock your doors and speed through the "rough" (read Black and Latin) neighborhoods. Even though no one is going to hurt you, you still fear because of the guilt in your heart, you feel you "deserve" retribution deep within. Examine your own psyche (and some history) before spouting your time worn propaganda. The world has seen your same imperialist and neo imperialist game over and over. You need some new tricks (actually you don't, you need to sit at the table with the grown ups and stop shooting everything your scared of)

[edit on 25-4-2010 by siahchi]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by siahchi

It is more than the Britsh that has done that. Every major nation from history past has done exactly that, to include the people who first arrived in the new world. The Incas, Olmecs, Mayans and Aztecs were conquerors in their own right, taking over other tribes for the resources. The europeans, egyptians, Chinese, Africans, Indians, People from South East Asia, polynisians, were all conquerors at one time, creating empires in their own history. The last true empires fell after World War II, the last modern day empire broke apart in the modern day world. Yet, if you look, apart from a few incidents here and there most are peaceful. And in many cases those seeking to live and work in another country has to do the following: 1) Learn the local language, 2) Learn the history of that country they are seeking to live in, 3) Learn the laws of the land, 4) Learn what is and is not the social customs, 5) Go through the necessary steps to be there legal and most of the time unless they are independantly wealthy, have gainful employment. The United States is the only country where the immigration laws are very lax to allow most people to come in. The US updates its immigration laws to where we are an open society, however it is expected that they come through the front door. We do not want criminals, and if someone sneaks across the boarder they are breaking the law, and are a criminal. There is no guarantee of their good nature, nothing that says they are going to follow the laws. And from what has been demonstrated, they are really not worth having in the country. If, as they would say, they have a large impact on the economy, then let them prove it, return home for say 2 or 3 weeks, and we shall see what happens. We all may just be surprised.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by siahchi

Who are you talking to?
I am totally against the foreign wars this country is engaged in, regardless of the reasons given for doing so. I have stated before on ATS that I would leave this country if I could because of our criminal behavior abroad.
I DO realize WORLD history has always been about the powerful controlling and exploiting the weak.
We are talking about controlling illegal immigration, a country protecting its borders, not WHITE IMPERIALISM in THIS thread.
In fact, it is not whites that are responsible for this law in Arizona. It is multi-ethnic Arizonians.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by siahchi

You would do well to remember, that there isn't one nation (or peoples) on this planet that has not traversed or transplanted from some other place, throughout history. They call it Latin America for a reason, ie. Spain. Even Native Americans were not necessarily native to America but traveled from someplace else.

It has been the way of human kind throughout history to seek land and resources of others simply because the grass always looks a little greener. It has always been the way of human kind to preserve and protect that which we as individuals or a society perceive as being ours.

With many "Americans", not just whites, it is the fact that we pay for the privileges that we have, either by service or taxes or both, and the idea of other's coming here "illegally" with a sense of entitlement to resources that they themselves have not earned or payed for here is inappropriate.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
ohioriver- In response to your post, Read The Law They Past!!! Da? The state of Arizona will now be encouraging police officers to demand id from people without probable cause. They will be targeting people with brown skin! This is not about going through a check point where everyone has to show id or going to the DMV to get a new license plate. It's about walking home and having a cop stop you and demand that you prove your a U.S. Citizen! Make sure you have your passport, a drivers license can easily be faked. Hey and maybe you can die your skin brown and go to Arizona for a few weeks and see what it feels like to be harassed for no reason. Remember in this Country it is "Majority Rule, Minority Rights!!!!! Fact.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
i can tell this is the start of something big, things will only accelerate from here, i guess timewave zero is right

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
The reason we are here today discussing this is because of empire and neo empire the likes of which the world has never known before. The closest parallel that can be drawn is the Mongol empire, though they did not force their culture on the conquered. Neighbors will fight over fences, it's human nature, however the nature of western imperialism is anything BUT natural. You want uncollected taxes paid? What about the billions due this country from these vampires? the vampires Who's screaming about immigration? Which immigrants vastly changed the social and natural order of this country? One group of people, the same ones who were silent during the crimes of the bush regime, and now up in arms tea bagging us all since a partially non White person took the highest office of the land. That's the demographic. And Arizona is far from multi ethnic, in fact it's 86% White. America will never get over it's racial issues because it's never took them on directly, and has been deeply flawed since it's founding because of them. It has applied "bandages" to the problem, usually after mass civil protest and acts of violence have forced the hand of those in power. Are we perfect? No. Is it every Americans duty to help guide us to a more perfect union? I'd say yes, and that it's possible. Is the racial profiling that is to be the law of the land in Arizona moving us towards that more perfect union? Emphatically NOT.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
Either we are a nation of laws, or we are not. Enough is enough.
This is a step in the right direction. If certain jobs are not getting done as a result of this action to deport, well the pay will rise and people will step forward to do those jobs.
This cash economy is driving down wages.
Enforce the laws.
We need to stand with Arizona, or we all get forced into the world citizenship program. A country without borders results in a people without a country.

Right on, Stewie! I for one support her, and I also support the Law, which some seem to have forgotten exists in the first place. Really want to support her? Write her an email! I did.

Contact the Governor

The Governor's Office is located in the
Executive Tower at the State Capitol

The full mailing address is:
The Honorable Jan Brewer
Governor of Arizona
1700 West Washington
Phoenix, Arizona 85007

Telephone (602) 542-4331
Toll Free 1-(800) 253-0883
Fax (602) 542-1381

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by AntiNWO
After all, it's not the Arizona border, it's the American border,

that's funny
the last time i was there
there was a big ole sign that reads

WELCOME TO ARIZONA

I agree. I probably was not clear - when I stated that I was referring to the beliefs of the Federal Government, and no one else.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by siahchi

We actually agree on many things, I think. I do not see it as racial so much, because all races are victimized by absolute power resting in a few hands, regardless of what color those hands are.
So, start a new thread.
This one is about controlling illegal immigration in AZ, and the fact that the federal government has passed the buck to the states to deal with it.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join