It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Video* Small riot breaks out in Phoenix over Immigration bill

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
reply to post by greenovni

I agree, yet factor in bureaucracy, its they know to do. Thinking to fix the problem, in such a state. Very broad.. Its how it always happens, and yes abusers come outta the ashes of the phoenix. Sincerely I do not think a law should have to be passed. Yet it is abused without such a climatic, almost communistic approach that hurts all, and yes it proves we seem to not be able to function as a whole without someone saying.... WRONG..

What's a better idea brother?

I also agree with fines but what of the crime? The violence.. We are looking at a different breed now.. Totally resect and will say your doing a good job for people to see that side...

Hey Bicent76 I just noticed that I passed the 20th post, I can now open threads
Woooo Hoooo!!!

By passing a law that dries up the jobs for illegals, the police can now concentrate in what they to best (besides trying to trample my god given rights) and that is to go and actually catch criminals.

The state also will have a mass emigration which will save the State money by the billions that they no longer would have to spend on illegal aliens.

The violence can also be taken care of once the police is free to do their jobs

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
So. There were no immigration laws. What you're describing may be considered immoral, and with that, I agree. But what the founding fathers did was not against any law or "illegal" as far as I know. Immoral, yes. Illegal, no. They were NOT illegal immigrants, as your first statement claimed.

The 1776 founders didn't steal Mexico, obviously, but they did steal from the natives elsewhere during that time. Eventually the FedGov went on to 'illegally' break treaties and etc. Definitions of what would be considered for laws in the colonial raider times would be tricky. Like it wasn't 'illegal' to "steal" land, that the natives didnt have written laws already governing. "It's not stealing, it's TAKING because they dont have a title deed system."

Talk about BS. European colonialists (and I mean ALL of them) showing up on this side of the world and just unilaterally grabbing lands because the natives didn't have customs and decrees and so forth that resembled those from Eurasia. "It's civilized when we're the marauder-raiders storming itno the villages, these damn barbarians."

[edit on 24-4-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I am cautious of the Arizona Bill too....as one can't HELP but to profile, since white guys and girls and all others don't resemble Hispanics.

But if you pull over a guy and you ask him for his license, and he says "No speaka English", then you ask him his name and he says "No name, I driving"...and you notice he

1) is an adult male in America that doesn't speak a lick of English

2) None of his freinds in the car do

3) None of them have any I.D. that we all are required to have when driving

I think it wouldn't be too much to assume he is not here legally.

Or if law enforcement gets a call from someone that "Mr. Car Wash owner" is employing 30 Illegals, and you go to investigate, and when the cars pull up, 20 of them scatter and run, I think it's safe to assume they're Illegal.

In fact, the mere existence of this Bill is going to change the landscape.

Now if they just start pulling over Americans who are brown, then we have a problem.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

We are noway harsh... We love more people then any other country or civ. Yet we are still not good enough.. When we try to save our citizens..
Not only do all want our blood, they want our souls... Our way of life is suppose to be something wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

I am over it, and on the cusp of getting pissed off. Oh boy not a threat but pissing me off, wow, I can awaken allot of people just doing their best to be American...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well said brother!

To the poster that lady Liberty is a STATUE (while I do get your pun)

You do not have liberty because of a statue, you do not have liberty because of a law, liberty is INSIDE of you and you either use it or give it away to people whose "benefits" you have become accustomed to.

Liberty is in your heart, not in a damn STATUE!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

LOL violence is not the answer.. Glad you got your 20th post..

I am so reserved in getting emotional about this but I will not see My country die due to parasites... I would expect the same answer from you....

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW

Watch the show COPS. Watch what happens when they always request the ID's of everyone in a vehicle / incident. It sure would be interesting to see what they'll do when someone refuses to give it to them...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The thing I really worry about is that when this law is enacted, I know that they are going to FLOOD California. And we can't take anymore. The damn boat is gonna sink if they all rush here.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Lets hope for Texas to follow suit with a similar bill ASAP! TIME TO OUT THE CRIMINALS!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I am cautious of the Arizona Bill too....as one can't HELP but to profile, since white guys and girls and all others don't resemble Hispanics.

But if you pull over a guy and you ask him for his license, and he says "No speaka English", then you ask him his name and he says "No name, I driving"...and you notice he

1) is an adult male in America that doesn't speak a lick of English

I think it wouldn't be too much to assume he is not here legally.

Or if law enforcement gets a call from someone that "Mr. Car Wash owner" is employing 30 Illegals, and you go to investigate, and when the cars pull up, 20 of them scatter and run, I think it's safe to assume they're Illegal.

In fact, the mere existence of this Bill is going to change the landscape.

Now if they just start pulling over Americans who are brown, then we have a problem.

I agree that this changes the whole landscape. But like I have asked everyone on this thread that thinks that know how to spot an illegal alien...

I am Hispanic, the ONLY kind of Spanish that does not need a green card. Without using Google, what am I?

Now, your questions are right and they do deserve an answer, please note that this is exactly how I converse with officers and does not apply to the general population and it is solely my opinion.

1) is an adult male in America that doesn't speak a lick of English.

A. I've used that before - there is no law that says that I must speak English. Just because I do not feel like talking English does not make me "illegal"

A. See Answer 1.a

A. I do not drive (as I am not in commerce) I travel - What is an ID anyway? It is a piece of paper from the .gov that says that I am who I am.

How did the .gov know that my name is greenovni in order to make me an ID with said name?

I TOLD them that I am who I say I am and they printed an ID with the information that I gave them in the first place.

My whole problem with this would be a cop so stop me just because I might be "illegal" because I am Spanish.

And my answer to that has ALWAYS been: "I am the only kind of Spanish that don't need a green card"

You should see their faces

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Once this happens in Arizona, you might see a mass exodus of unemployed Texans, Californians, Nevadans, head to Arizona because a lot of jobs will open up and the employers will have no choice but to reset the pay scale.

Either that or Arizona will LOSE a whole bunch of businesses when the shady traitor business owners think it's not worth the trouble anymore.

It will be interesting to see what happens. We might get surprised and see Arizona become a boomtown in a matter of a year, with lower crime rates, higher wages, more jobs, and more revenue. Arizona may become the new "chic destination"....for those that can take the weather.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

LOL violence is not the answer.. Glad you got your 20th post..

I am so reserved in getting emotional about this but I will not see My country die due to parasites... I would expect the same answer from you....

Funny thing, I feel the same as you. Time to remove the parasites. It is just being performed in the wrong way.

The parasites (illegals) will always be there as long as the host (jobs for illegals ) are there.

Remove their host, parasites die off naturally.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

whats the big deal if you have a SS card or a green card, you just...

I do not get it.. Telling me it is bad to pull someone over that has neither? The first thing i LEARNED WAS MY SS. #, what the heck is the big deal?

Prove your citizenship... Anywhere else they would expect the same.... This bill is based off of, something we as Americans, had or have anything to do with.. Period....
are Americans, suppose to be neutered? Please inspire me..

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Originally posted by greenovni

I agree that this changes the whole landscape. But like I have asked everyone on this thread that thinks that know how to spot an illegal alien...

I am Hispanic, the ONLY kind of Spanish that does not need a green card. Without using Google, what am I?

Charles Nelson Riley? I dunno..your question makes no sense. You're SPANISH? From Spain? Huh?

A. I've used that before - there is no law that says that I must speak English. Just because I do not feel like talking English does not make me "illegal"

Correct...there is no language law. But a grown male residing in America who cannot speak one ounce of the language...is a GREAT indicator. The difference is, you might choose not to speak English. But some that CANNOT speak any English , has a good chance of being from "somewhere else".

A. I do not drive (as I am not in commerce) I travel - What is an ID anyway? It is a piece of paper from the .gov that says that I am who I am.

Well, that would be your choice. But when they make you sit there for an hour while they call dispatch to see if the car is not stolen, validate your insurance, your registration, call your relatives to ask who owns he car, give you a ticket with a court date, impound your vehicle because for all they know you could be driving a stolen vehicle.....maybe you can pull some cute jokes on them at that time.

I'm not saying this as a fan of cops...because I'm not. I'm talking reality. They have every right to detain your for further investigation. And if they discover during that investigation that you have no legal status, you're gone.

I notice you're also using terms of people that are "Sovereigns" or "off the grid". It's not going to cut it if you're Illegally here....big difference.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

whats the big deal if you have a SS card or a green card, you just...

I do not get it.. Telling me it is bad to pull someone over that has neither? The first thing i LEARNED WAS MY SS. #, what the heck is the big deal?

Prove your citizenship... Anywhere else they would expect the same.... This bill is based off of, something we as Americans, had or have anything to do with.. Period....
are Americans, suppose to be neutered? Please inspire me..

Your papers please. It is wrong, period. They start with the illegals, then your neighbors, then you.

My whole point is that as for me, a cop has no right to stop me to see if I'm illegal or not. I am a born US citizen.

One of my natural rights and is supported by the Constitution is to guard against unreasonable searches and seizures.

If a cop is asking me to prove my citizenship, he has seized me and is performing a search, not to mention that he has no warrant for neither.

While I stand with you that the illegal immigration NEEDS to be stopped, your RIGHTS as well as MINE are more important than illegals.

The more with let the Gov erode OUR rights, the more they will try to take away from US.

And that my friend should be more than enough to enlighten BOTH of us.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
the bottumline is this... Either you can prove citizenship or not.. tHEIR is really nothing else to debate... Period... I would say this topic ends with all Americans wanting the same answer... Hence taxes and health care reform.. I can assure you all illegal immigrants are not paying taxes hence ten exemptions and employers getting punished.. If you employ illegal immigrants then you can goto jail.. PERIOD.... With our unemployment rate and people feeding off the system, conceder this a waked up..

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

an excuse...

It is coming to asking for papers..

Back to my previous posts...

No it should not come to that, but illegal immigrants are inviting it..

DO I agree no, yet we must control..

You have got to preserve your country, somehow.. Or we are not part of a country..

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenovni

Charles Nelson Riley? I dunno..your question makes no sense. You're SPANISH? From Spain? Huh?

Correct...there is no language law. But a grown male residing in America who cannot speak one ounce of the language...is a GREAT indicator. The difference is, you might choose not to speak English. But some that CANNOT speak any English , has a good chance of being from "somewhere else".

Well, that would be your choice. But when they make you sit there for an hour while they call dispatch to see if the car is not stolen, validate your insurance, your registration, call your relatives to ask who owns he car, give you a ticket with a court date, impound your vehicle because for all they know you could be driving a stolen vehicle.....maybe you can pull some cute jokes on them at that time.

I'm not saying this as a fan of cops...because I'm not. I'm talking reality. They have every right to detain your for further investigation. And if they discover during that investigation that you have no legal status, you're gone.

I notice you're also using terms of people that are "Sovereigns" or "off the grid". It's not going to cut it if you're Illegally here....big difference.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

What this means is that I was born in the ONLY Spanish speaking country that does not need a green card.

That would be Puerto Rico which makes me a Natural united States Citizen.

(See how now it is not that easy to categorize ALL Spanish people as being illegals)

Like I said, my previous answers apply only to me. I have been really cute and have been to court numerous times just because I need at least 1 judge admit that it is a court of contract.

What happens each and every single time is that the case does not even make it to arraignment.

The State ALWAYS says, this case is not SUITABLE for prosecution.

I have 6 cases in a row with the same sh*t.

I am not doing this just to be cute, sovereign or just a pain in the ass as I do pay my taxes and follow all the rules.

I am doing this because someone has to stand up to tyranny.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

let me try to make it clearer, and with this, sadly i have to exit the debate.. So we have a single momma, who is diabetic, and has a deadbeat father to her 3 month child, I would rather pay my taxes each week to take care of her then someone who is coming in illegally excited about ripping off Americans for whatever healthcare or the taX ITSELF. I try to trust my tax goes to support my country and those in need.. Not, I mean not people abusing us... Not much else to say, hate me cuzz I am white and aware or black or just being American, I am over this,,, America, cannot do it anymore.. We cannot, prove your a citizen or kick rocks.. PERIOD... Hate me all you want but I am willing to protect and fight for this way of thinking.. N lemme tell you.. So does every other American, when it will come to push to shove... PERIOD... Yet violence is not the answer.. Yet we are not smart enough as a people to figure that out... If it takes another WWII, we'll prove it..

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Bicent76]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Greenovi, I cannot handle your butchery of whatever it is you are trying to say. How can a person (you), be a "Spanish"? Spanish, the word by itself, is a language. Are you a language? I will just assume that you are trying to ask what kind of person from Spain does not have to carry a green card. The answer: only a Naturalized United States Citizen who was originally a Spanish national. Therefore, your point is moot because, as a naturalized citizen, you are no longer a "Spanish".

Any other non-citizen, immigrant or non-immigrant, is required by Federal law to carry their immigration paperwork on them at all times.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join