It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

race card being played

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Quoting RANT,
But since then there's been a rush of old Southern Dems to the Republican party giving them red state after red state all across the "confederacy".

RANT, could you kindly provide a list of dixie-crats that were in the democratic party that are now members of the republican party?

And gmcnulty since you have asserted the same would you also take a crack at answering?

Or is this just another "urban" legend to reinforce the revision.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Hon.............they be all mostly be dead by now. That was 1948..............You maybe hoping that I would list Sen. Robert Byrd so you can tell me he was a KKK member years ago..............save us the BS....we all know that line of sophistry.

He's some material on the subject(fair and balanced)> Enjoy>

In 1948 some Southern Democrats decided to bolt the Democratic party because of its Civil Rights policies and have a separate State's Rights Democratic national ticket. States' Rights Democratic Party - a former political party in the United States; formed in 1948 by Democrats from southern states in order to oppose to the candidacy of Harry S Truman. They were called Dixiecrats. Strom Thurmond was their presidential candidate. They had a convention in Birmingham, Alabama. Newspaper accounts of the events, along with the photos of the convention show the thoroughly Confederate nature of their movement. Ironically, all the campaign literature used national symbols, including the Statue of Liberty. So even though they were Confederate and sectional, they were conscious of the need to project a different image to the nation.
Democratic and Republican 1948 Platforms
Part of what the future Dixiecrats objected to was the new plank in the Democratic Party platform on civil rights. The Democratic Platform stated:
Civil Rights: Against poll tax and segregation of the armed forces. Federal laws should be made to end discrimination in hiring for jobs.
The Republican Platform stated:
Civil Rights: Against poll tax. Right to work should not be stopped by race, color or religion.
The crucial difference between parties is in the call for federal laws to ensure civil rights.
In 1952, the dissidents returned to the main party. After the Republican Party nominated [bg] in 1964, Thurmond switched to the GOP, which he has represented in the United States Senate ever since.
www.templeofdemocracy.com...
www.pbs.org...
www.alabamamoments.state.al.us...
www.nationalreview.com...
www.africana.com...
www.opinionjournal.com...
www.lewrockwell.com...
www.freerepublic.com...
www.ajc.org...
reason.com...

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by gmcnulty]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
the dems have used alot of stuff to imply the reps are racists...

90% of the black voting pop votes for the dems w/out a thought

funny how the blacks loved slick willie, yet mr bush has more minorities in his cabinet....corse condi and colin are " uncle toms"....or is that clarence

??????.....divided we fall/ united we stand..get it

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   

TextSo how do minorites in Texas feel about the way things are going with Bush?

We should ask them personaly after all bush love the death penalty in texas
I wonder if they do too.

This is just my point of view.

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by gmcnulty
And what ad is it you speak of.....................or ar you just making things up again...............you old kidder that you are..........

The ad was posted.

BTW

What is the rac`e card and how do you use it? As you just have?

The "race card" is what is thrown down, usually as a last ditch effort to try and get sympathy or sway an opinion. It was played at the OJ trial a little early. Think, the Rodney King fiasco out in californ-ee-ah played it pretty hard. I got a feeling it will end up getting played before long for the Michael Jackson thing, but its gonna be hard, considerng he's no longer black, he's a wierd looking wihite woman now.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Posted where?

You have a link? Or am I to just accept your 'view of the world' bec`ause you said so...............?

Your manners are showing.......................lack there of, that is.........

And as far as your definition of terms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Citing examples of what you claim the term means that within your application...........

YOU TOO could be playing the race card just to gain sympathy, Isn't that true!

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by gmcnulty]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Funny how the Republicans can sop easily con 'whitey' Isn't it. But black folk have a real keen and sensitive nose for, as they say in German, Schei�e.............they have heard it so much before it's now almost genetic.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I don't see any race card being played. Its just the truth. Republicans tend to be racist, plain and simple. And they could move forward if they would just accept it and try to change their racist image.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
A rather harsh and inaccurate generalization...................

It might be more apt to point out that Republicans, while talking the talk, do little to clean its ranks of those who are �out and out� socially appropriate racists���..

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gmcnulty
A rather harsh and inaccurate generalization...................

It might be more apt to point out that Republicans, while talking the talk, do little to clean its ranks of those who are �out and out� socially appropriate racists���..

That's a fair assessment. However, I would like to say that the republican rank and file are rife with racists and maybe these complainers sghould try to weed out the cancer in their party than point to ohters and cry "the race card."

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
when black folk..wake the hell up and relise that dems are just as racist as reps....maybe they country will move on from the issue.....Bill c was right........theres a big difference in racisim and bigetry sp.....and alot of blacks Ive known are just as if not more racist than anyother group....

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:23 PM
link   
That will not happen in our life time unless the entire Republican party has a metanoia experience.................

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

Again I must point out that democrats are guilty of the same with politicians like Byrd - what a disconnect you guys have with reality.

Bye the bye down here in the south outside of the big cities its the old school entrenched southern democratic politicians that low class white guys with rebel flags in their pickup windows are voting for. so don't tell me anything about cleaning the ranks.

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by Phoenix]

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
.....and where 'down south' is it you're saying that the homeboys are voting Democratic??????????????

In Ga. where the much of the Zell Miller type Democratic party leadership talk of just moving over to the Republican party...............????????? or are you saying ALL THRU THE SOUTH.............

Hon, you be skating on thin ice............. like they say in the big city........you be a tooting thru something other then your mouth.............if ya catch my drift.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
gmcnullty,Zell has said adamately that he will not switch parties time and again.
He's also adamately said the democratic party has been taken over by left wing zealots that are ruining the party.

Do you consider Zell a racist because he's a conservative democrat? It seems you are implying that.

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Try putting words in your mouth dearie..........NOT MINE.........lets get back to where you say all those racist homeboy vote democratic......where? .......or did I steal you thunder?

Where's that place be in the south you claim is.............

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
gmcnulty, Don't worry I don't include Florida in my broad sweep of Joe pick-up Dems - Florida is a world all its own kinda like California in a strange way.

Having lived worked and traveled extensively in states between Texas and Georgia - Joe pick-up makes up a large dem voting block - do you deny?

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
and they vote republican????????????

Name the names dearie...............or give it up.

Look. You stuck your foot in your mouth...............try not for the other. No shame in making mistakes..................even I do...............not too often but I'm human so it just sorta follows........move on gal.

It was a looser of a prop from the start..............even the Party has given up on it.

You didn't get/read the fax?

Move on.............I'm starting to feel sorry for ya'

posted on Jun, 5 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
JFK (the real one and not the current pretender)

www-personal.umich.edu...

The Civil Rights Act of 1964

www.nationalcenter.org...

Phoenix, another great point. And don't let him call you "hon" it's condescending and rude.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

That's a fair assessment. However, I would like to say that the republican rank and file are rife with racists and maybe these complainers sghould try to weed out the cancer in their party than point to ohters and cry "the race card."

The party that would truly follow this advice, Dem or Repub, would jump up several notches of respect in the eyes of the voting public. But alas, this is politics we're talking about, and mudslinging is so much easier than housecleaning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join