It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time for a NEW ATS motto?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the denial of ignorance doesn't seem to have worked; ignorance is still rife on ATS and in the world. Maybe it's time to take off the gloves and really get tough on ignorance. I suggest the following may be more effective and appropriate slogans moving forward:

Tear Ignorance A New One

Give Ignorance A Nipple Cripple

Lock Ignorance In The Cellar Until Ignorance Learns Its Lesson

Don't Give Up Your Bus Seat For Ignorance, Even If Ignorance Is Like Really Old Or Pregnant Or Something

Bury Ignorance In The Desert And All Agree Never To Speak Of It Again

[edit on 2010-4-24 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by wecomeinpeace

Don't Give Up Your Bus Seat For Ignorance, Even If Ignorance Is Like Really Old Or Pregnant Or Something

That is so my new signature...Good job.

I vote this one if we do change it, although I like the current one too

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
ATS - 'Pics or it didn't happen!'

i like that

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I have always thought that the motto was inadequate...

I like "Deny Subjectivity"...or something similar...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Become Wise

Rather than two negative connotative words - why not replace them with two positive connotative words. /.02

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier
Become Wise

Rather than two negative connotative words - why not replace them with two positive connotative words. /.02

Yeah, I actually feel the same way when I read this thread yesterday, not just one but double "negative" words.
It's like google, do no evil, but does google have to do something that promotes good? If you use that "negative" words, the positive becomes optional, passive and ambiguous.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Personally, i like the current motto! And i feel that it is even more relevant than ever with so many people turning to far right groups and other extremes in this time of financial strife!

Deny Ignorance

Always has been and always will be a great motto!!

Just my opinion!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Deny Ignorance = Of those who believe everything that the MSM and other mainstreamers tell them and are unaware that the truth may not be exactly as they are told.

Leave it be!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muckster
Personally, i like the current motto! And i feel that it is even more relevant than ever with so many people turning to far right groups and other extremes in this time of financial strife!

Deny Ignorance

Always has been and always will be a great motto!!

Just my opinion!

See, this is exactly the sort of crap I was talking about. People on ATS like to take the term "deny ignorance" and twist it to basically say "call people with different opinions ignorant." Whether they're referring to "far-left" or "far-right" ideologies, atheism vs. religion, or "truthers" vs. "non-truthers," everyone here just ends up assuming that the "ignorance" they are supposed to be "denying" refers to "everything the other side has to say."

The current motto is nothing more than a blanket insult that people use when their argument is failing and they need to do something that, in their own mind, writes off the arguments of people who believe something different from themselves.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Whether they're referring to "far-left" or "far-right" ideologies, atheism vs. religion, or "truthers" vs. "non-truthers," everyone here just ends up assuming that the "ignorance" they are supposed to be "denying" refers to "everything the other side has to say."

Well said!!!

I believe there should be a motto that isn't up to personal definement, as the above quote presents the current philosophy. Or maybe another, secondary slogan/motto that addresses the issues of other not listening to the otherside of the debate!

Yet again you can lead a horse to water but you cannot make him drink!

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
deny ignorance? dont you think thats a little 90s? If you really want to challenge the current paradigm, why not something more honorable?

>ACCEPT TRUTH<
(BLAM!! SNIKKT!! KAPOW!!)

CX

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I think the current motto is, and always has been a great one.

I can't see the point in changing it. As long as there are people here and outside ATS who cannot seem to fathom it's meaning, i think it would be a shame to change it.

It's the same with most places, organisations, business etc....the way the place works may change from time to time, but the basic motto of the establishment never changes.

CX.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I think you are right. I see the deny ignorance slogan all over and think "deny it all you want it will still be there." Ignorance is a state of being and not a deliberate action.
Ignorance cannot be denied.
It can be remedied.
It can be eradicated.
It can't be denied unless you are using "deny" as in "to prevent from flourishing" as you would deny a human oxygen - effectively killing the human that way.

With ignorance, education and enlightenment always work better than denial.

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Truth or Dare all I could come up with
2nd. I like deny ignorance though for its is the best.

[edit on 4/26/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Order Out Of Chaos!

my two cents

Peace

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
If the motto were to some how change

and suggestions were looked at

ATS - The Melting Pot

ATS - ALL YOUR CONSPIRACY'S ARE BELONG TO US

ATS - got proof?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
No,

If you want a new motto, then feel free to add one to your sig.

we dont need some cheesy x-files line as a new motto, do we really all want to be labelled as lame, convention going sci-fi fans?

some of you are this. but i am not.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
ATTENTION

This motto brought to you by ATS.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I, for one, think the motto is one that follows you. Not just while we/me/you are here at the forums giving our full blown expression's and opinion's but when you are watching the boob tube and watching the world unfold knowing full well that everything you hear cannot be trusted but with a grain of salt.
It has been a while since I have posted to anything here on ATS, but this is a note worthy agreement to disagree with any altercation of teh "Deny Ignorance" slogan. Granted, I have had my moments here at the forums with little more than a big slice of humble pie, but for the most part, I have gained more denial of ignorance and arrogance here on the ATS forums than I had experienced in the chaos of every day living. At least when I do or believe in something that has yet to be taught to me, ATS member's have always U2U'ed me to set me straight or give me the low down on what parts I have missed as to represent myself as a contributor and not an insulting braggart or idiot.
I thank the three amigo's from time to time, and that is because if it wasn't for this incredibly insightful and intellectual group of individuals, I'd still be believing in Santy Claus!!!!! JK

I have been coming here since early '06, and I have seen them come and go. The only problem is with that assessment is that the old school ATSer's are lurking, waiting to read another thread of interest or intrigue, to bring light to someone that is mislead or misguided in their way of thinking, not to smite or condemn, but to set straight and create new avenues of proper and possible thinking. And they do let it be known when a wrong thinking pattern of easy acceptance is nothing more than self ideology and nothing more, you would recognize an Old School ATSer, they are the ones pointing out the facts and trying to be a productive part of the conversation, hell, you may even get a U2U in private as to keep it discrete and honorable. "Denying Ignorance" is exactly what the goal is here.

"Don't change a thing ATS, other than the improvement's you are apparently making as we grow. The motto should stay, it represents 'US'!"

IMHO

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join