It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Islam really a bad religion or is it portrayed that way?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Things like non muslims should be killed, everyone else is an infidel, women should be slaves, kill all pagans and nature worshipers, hate jews etc are completely wrong in Islam

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
In my opinion:
1) All muslim's aren't terrorists, but all terrorists are muslim.
2) Islam is not a peaceful religion and is a decieved religion.
3) Muslims like to blow themsleves up.
4) Muslims like to cut people's heads off.
5) Muslims like to beat women, but are pussies when it comes to man to man or one on on with fist to fist. Just complete pussies.
6) Muslims think everyone that is not a muslim is the enemy.
7) Muslims want to convert the whole world to Islam by force.
8) Muslims worship a God that never had a son.

Jesus (Yahshua) said , "I am the way, the Truth and the life. No one comes to the father but by me."

Jesus didn't say, I am one of many ways. I am one of many truths.

According to todays society, no one can make a more hateful remark than that. But who said it? JESUS!

Conclusion:

If you don't accept Jesus, you do not know the father and will not be saved. Christians will not cut your head off, blow up to kill you, or force you to convert like Muslims. It's free will.

Muslims don't know the father because they don't recongnize JESUS as their savior and for that they will parish for a lack of knowledge.

It's in their Genes to fight and kill all infidels. They are a decived group and I will pray for them.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by the dacoit

In a word, no. It is not a bad religion, there are no bad religions, only bad people. and Christianity has just as many bad people in it as Islam. I have read the Koran, and have several Muslim friends. Good people all, and they too are shocked at what some do in the name of Allah, as am I. Wars are fought over religion, people and for what? So we can see which God has the biggest ego, and the most power? Why not just let them go at it, if they are so against each other? Allah vs Yahweh.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

All religions have some good elements, like uniting the community and such. Unfortunately they also have many bad elements, like ignorance, fundamentalism, extremism, being great tools for the powerful to control people which has led to war, death, genocide, murder and basically horrors beyond imagining. Don't get me wrong, us humans would have found a reason to kill each other whether religion had ever existed or not, though I doubt it would have been on the same massive scale.

So Islam is like any other religion, the vast majority of its followers are regular people but then you get to the extremists and the whackjobs which just make the religion look bad.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I hate some ATS members officially, you know i am getting sick of you some supporting it like its a holy cup

Then you go back and attack Christianity by saying stating it to has bad people like in islam, oh really
So what happened in the past because of that Christians are evil nice try.

Now you dont see a Christian suicide bomber do you? do you see some Christanins threatening you to join Christianity do you? if so where then?

Now take a look here, you think this peacefully?

Sura 9:29 – ‘Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in the latter day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His Messenger have prohibited, nor follow the religion of truth, out of those who have been given the Book, until they pay the tax in acknowledgment of superiority and they are in a state of subjection.’

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spykemann
In my opinion:
1) All muslim's aren't terrorists, but all terrorists are muslim.
2) Islam is not a peaceful religion and is a decieved religion.
3) Muslims like to blow themsleves up.
4) Muslims like to cut people's heads off.
5) Muslims like to beat women, but are pussies when it comes to man to man or one on on with fist to fist. Just complete pussies.
6) Muslims think everyone that is not a muslim is the enemy.
7) Muslims want to convert the whole world to Islam by force.
8) Muslims worship a God that never had a son.

1. refer to this link

www.abovetopsecret.com...

2. Most Muslims are actually very peaceful
3. I don't and I'm Muslim, and so do my other Muslim friends
4. No, not really.
5. I don't hit women, but I'll fight a guy if he hits me first.
6. I don't and I'm Muslim, and so do my other Muslim friends
7. We do not.
8. That is actually the only true part in this post.

Unfortunately I believe it is you who is misinformed.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

The only thing bad about the muslim religion is their ability to make fun of their own religion. All religions are bad and good in their own special way, all depends on what you are looking for. It's all about competition, which religion can sway the most amount of people world-wide. Sales and marketing tactics, propaganda, fear mongering, etc. It doesn't matter what you believe in, it's all a matter of opinion.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Islam is a bad religion. Pleas follow my link in my signature. It contains direct quotes from the koran.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
ok...time for another bit of the truth....islam is being lied to...by the evil one....wake up and refuse to be a victim.
a victim of the lies from the devil. or, be a victim if you like. one has to read to get the truth. i've noticed that too many are unaware of what is written...man...if you haven't gotten it figured out yet...get smart quick.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I'm sorry did you just quote the Koran?

You aware that the Bible says to kill witches and stone people right? You know the penalty for working on the Sabbath is death right?

Both Christianity and Islam, at their route, are primitive religions written by ancient peoples HOWEVER both religions have changed in the Western world. Now in the third world people still view both faiths through primitive eyes but here in the West both religions have adapted into peaceful ones...

And of course there are a few fringe folks in any faith. Christian extremists kill abortion docs, Muslim extremists blow themselves up, etc etc

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I believe that all people are basically programmed to get on with all other people.

I do not believe that any religion is evil, but I do believe that most religions are terribly misguided by the written word of so-called prophets.

Religions have books of rules telling people to hate and kill each other.

That is wrong and terrible. For example, "Kill the infidels" etc.

These rules were written so long ago, and probably written by embittered old men.

GUESS WHAT! We could all still believe in our own personal beliefs, and we could all get along together.

The world powers do not want us to get along together, nor do the heads of so-called religious groups.

It is all about power.

I think that any religious institution, which brainwashes people into believing the words of some old book, which also was probably mistranslated and misreported a million times, should be treated as something that is detrimental to our world, and to people.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
As a Christian that has read the Quoran, I have some mixed feelings about it.

While TRUE Christianity is more about loving your enemies, Islam seems by my reading of it, to be more about spreading the true word of God by more "direct" and maybe more forceful means if necessary.

Both Islam and Christianity worship the same God, and pious people of both faiths are indeed good worthy people.

However both faiths are infested and polluted by politics, power, and regional tensions.

There are just as many fanatical lunatics in both Christan and Islamic nations determined to destroy each other, and unfortunately ordinary people are all too easily drawn into all this hatred.

Where it will all end, I really do not know.
But I have the feeling that Allah/God will resolve many things over the next few years, and the truly faithful will come out of it o/k..

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129
I've spent alot of time in Asia working and what always gets me is that Muslims do not let the Quran get translated. Therefore 99.9% of Muslims have no idea what they are chanting. So they just blindly believe the clerics. I have questioned some of my workers over there, HOW can you pray 6 times a day and have no idea what you are praying for???

I have read the Quran and yes, there is some "kill the inidels stuff" but read the Bible..Not much difference.

So you've spent "a lot" of time in Asia and yet you pretend that Muslims do not know what their religion is about? We Muslims are supposed to pray 5 times a day by the way and not 6. Proofs how much you've read the Quran and how much you've had contact with Muslims...

Muslims visit mosques and guess what is being done there other than praying?

Muslims do well know what their religion is about. They are being taught in the household, mosque, school etc.

Oh, and yes, it is a religion of peace until you wage war against it, which has been the case yet again for the last 2-3 decades.

About the suicide bombers killing hundreds of innocients. They either are totally brainwashed by foreign agents in order to false flag or poor people with out any perspectives, which is the case in many Middle East countries.

That is all we can guess as we haven't met one yet, have we?

- K

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

I'm sorry did you just quote the Koran?

You aware that the Bible says to kill witches and stone people right? You know the penalty for working on the Sabbath is death right?

Both Christianity and Islam, at their route, are primitive religions written by ancient peoples HOWEVER both religions have changed in the Western world. Now in the third world people still view both faiths through primitive eyes but here in the West both religions have adapted into peaceful ones...

And of course there are a few fringe folks in any faith. Christian extremists kill abortion docs, Muslim extremists blow themselves up, etc etc

You Do realize killing the witches was in the past right? oh by the way before you go ahead any further attacking Christians or calling them extremists.

boingboing.net...
So whos more primitive again?

Can you please provide any evidence that the bible is evil? sure i dont believe it, but i have my own paths of believing.

I used be a church believer when i was younger, but as the years went by, i gave up on this whole junky stuff of worshiping, worshiping in the church or mosque is like been brainwashed.

Thats all i am going to say.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Islam asks every Muslims to accept and respect the “people of the book” fail to do that then they automatically are in denial on the direct orders from the Qur'an. It doesn’t mean they are against the Christianity or Judaism if they are not agreeing with their life styles, they are just don’t agree and the discussion is already forgotten if the Moses and Jesus followers not being so uptight and picky.

The fact is, those so called “prophets” never wrote anything by themselves about the God’s messages they were suppose to deliver the man kind, not even a simple dot…. EVER!

What we’ve got here are the written collections of what has been said through the personal mind of their collectors composed by their “personal view”. Of course they are “misquoted”, of course they have been “tampered” and “misunderstood” and of course they have been “fixed” and “fitted” for the geopolitical needs and environments…

God and spiritual belief is a personal matter like everything else, human kind should really focus and learn/re-learn to how to control their wild imaginations and emotions.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Forget those stupid books.

That is why people wage war.

Forget those stupid books, because they are destroying the world.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
Forget those stupid books.

That is why people wage war.

Forget those stupid books, because they are destroying the world.

true. You'd have to be a bunch of gorrillas if you still wait for apocalypse, end times, ascension, fallen angels from heaven, giant monsters from religious myths, & nibiru to bother being religious these days.

sometimes it almost seems as if religions were created by time travellers from the past (i.e. grey aliens, viscious giants, & other horribly disfigured caveman-like or primitive creatures) who lack the ability to think properly & wanna go back to their good old times when it was okay to be as dumb. Like really dumb canine breeds that truly enjoy drinking from the toilet & eating their own fecal matter.

I wonder how much those extremists, rebels & clerics get paid by the elite special interest groups to keep their nations uneducated, in poverty, & under control.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by killyou]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Wait a minute people, when did any religion become "good" ?
on a more serious matter, the issue isn't really with the Qura'n it self. The issue is, there is about one hundred thousand (or so) islamic quote (by Muhammad) that MUST be followed. Some of These quotes are INDEED HILARIOUSNESS
there is a quote about Muhammad uric
there are some quotes about Muhammad incredible man hood
there are some quotes about pretty much every thing
The catch is, if you don't believe in these quotes you ARE and infidel (even if you do believe in the Qura'n itself)

@ Christians: Seriously guys READ THE BIBLE its even more hilarious than the Qura'n

Button line: Current religions are VERY outdated !

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
[edit on 24-4-2010 by Trublue]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
[edit on 24-4-2010 by Trublue]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join