It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Attack God while Your DC Attacks you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Why is there so many attacks against God here on a conspiracy site? Why do you waste our time making bogus challenges. I would be willing to bet that over half the guys here that ask stupid questions like is: LUCIFER THE GOD OF JUDAISM or IS JESUS AND LUCIFER THE SAME, know better. There are way to many kids posting crap.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Is this a rant? I'm just curious... because if it's not, than I wonder how one could miss the fact that Religion could quite possibly be one of the biggest and most global conspiracy's and thus, quite appropriate to discuss.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
Religion could quite possibly be one of the biggest and most global conspiracy's and thus, quite appropriate to discuss.

I love you.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Not a rant. But with washington killing us I wonder why people can't find anything other to rip other than the one thing that may save them.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I've actually often wondered the opposite ...

I've always wanted to ask folks who ere fluent in theology and/or devout christians to help me/us understand what is to my mind a seemingly existential paradox ...

Being devout, in christianity or any other faith for that matter, requires a total trust and handing over of one's will to the divine, for example as the expression "God's plan." But being a conspiracy theorist requires a certain distrust, cynicism, and constant reevaluation and questioning of paradigms and veiled realities.

Now I understand that one is a matter of inward knowledge and the latter one of mind knowledge. And obviously the two are not mutually exclusive as there are many many devout ats members. I also understand that to have faith doesn't necessarily make one blind to the history of their own religion and as such one may even be able to approach subjects in let's say the "conspiracies in religion" forum with a degree of personal detachment.

Still, it has always seemed like one would have to wear two existential hats ... one with which they totally and unconditionally hand themselves over to their faith and one where one questions everything.

ETA: As far as DC attacking meh, I live here and I hazn't been attacked yet.

[edit on 23 Apr 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I put my trust in Christ,

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
S.D.

Still, it has always seemed like one would have to wear two existential hats ... one with which they totally and unconditionally hand themselves over to their faith and one where one questions everything.

This is a great example of just how difficult reconciling the fundamentals, can be. For those who can remain constant to their beliefs, but are able to also find the courage and "space" within that which they hold true to continue to question themselves and the world, is quite admirable and very difficult to do. Kudos to those who strive to do both.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
As a Christian,I've always thought that we ought to make up some of the best Conspiracy Theorists,after all,God has told us to "Watch!" and told us what to watch for,as in,"Ye shall know them by their fruits". We are supposed to be able to discern things,to know Good from Evil. (And rarely do "conspiracies" invole people conspiring,secretly,to do good,at least not in this forum!)

The faith comes from accepting God's word as the standard from which to measure things by,and there's where people with have a hard time understanding,as though by having faith we abstain from critical thinking. Obviously God has told us to be "gentle as doves,but wise as serpents".

I think people just don't want to accept God because they are afraid they are going to have to "change their ways".(Before I became a Christian,I felt the same way.) Funny thing was,once I submitted to Christ,my heart began to change as I grew closer to Him,and I no longer viewed things the way I used to.

I'll stop before going into a long,boring testimony!....I just wanted to say that,yes,Christians can have faith and critical discernment at the same time,in fact,that is exactly what He enables us to do,from the knowledge He gives us to judge things by.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Why is there so many attacks against God here on a conspiracy site?

You're not one of those people who can't separate Doctrine from Deity are you? An attack against a religion, if that religion is actually false (and I have yet to find a true religion) is not an attack on God but is an attack on ignorance. If you strip away all the false perceptions, doctrines and frail human concepts of God and the Universe than all you are left with is the truth.

I often question religions and religious people because I want to free them from the ignorance my parents spoon-fed me as a child.

Deny Ignorance is our motto here. If there is a God surely he/she/it is no friend of ignorance.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Something about those “attacks” hit home didn’t it?

My main issue with God is if God is the omnipotent, omniscient entity that it is, why is it letting so many low-level scumbags speak in its name? How can you be the CEO of a successful company and let the worst employees represent you? Why is it that we have a mob group trying to keep humanity from knowing the truth about the universe that God created? Religion (that is strictly man-made) have tried to bastardize and personify the concept of God too much. I personally think that atheists, agnostics are at a better start to become true believers because they expect extraordinary proof of the divine while most of those devout theists have such low expectations of something they believe to be extraordinary. You know like: this word is the cream of the crop when it comes to benevolent intelligent life and everything else is of demonic nature.

Maybe it would be wise to let go of the personified God to an impersonal objective concept and we are only going get the answer by really using this “soul” that God granted us.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Exv8densez]

new topics

top topics

join