It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Tech: Mind-Reading Robots by 2020

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
www.dailygalaxy.com...

Quote from source:
Japan plans to develop "mind-reading" robots and consumer electronics that can be controlled by thought alone and hopes to market them within a decade, the Nikkei daily has reported. The sci-fi like devices would employ so-called brain-machine interface technology, which analyzes users' brain waves and brain blood-flow patterns detected through sensor-mounted headsets.

The devices would include television sets that can be operated without lifting a finger and mobile phones that send text messages composed purely through thought, the business daily said.

The initiative, to be launched this fiscal year, is a partnership between the government and the private sector, the report said, citing unnamed communications ministry sources.

Other applications could include a car navigation system that searches for restaurants when the driver thinks of having a meal, and air-conditioners that adjust the temperature when people in the room feel too warm or cold. They could also include robots that know when an elderly or physically disabled person needs help carrying a heavy load, the Nikkei said.

The project would likely include corporate giants including Toyota, Honda and Hitachi as well as the National Institute of Information and Communications Technology, Osaka University and the Advanced Telecommunications Research Institute International, the report said.

Jason McManus via 2010 AFP

While I am awaiting this technology I have to think of all the laziness this will cause with the world.

This sounds amazing and I wonder if it will be possible to lie to them. I wonder if they will be able to pick up your brains waves and tell what your thinking despite what your saying? Sounds great and this will help advance us that much more.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
No thanks, sending text messages by thought is a very very bad idea! I very much regrets thoughts that I think about that don't need to be read or said.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It can allow for laziness, as well as allow for us to fulfill our purpose more efficiently. The more we can focus our consciousness on fulfilling its own will the less waste will be produced. The more our reality conforms to our minds the more we will be human beings.

join