It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If u smoke +get out of breath easily,Cough several times a day.Cough up phlegm when you dont have a

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
www.quit.co.uk...

Lung disease covers a group of conditions (including chronic bronchitis and emphysema) that damage the lungs, blocking the passage of air in and out, and making it difficult to breathe. It decreases the lungs’ ability to take in oxygen and remove carbon dioxide when we breathe. As the disease gets worse, small airways within the walls of the lungs become less elastic. Finally, the airways collapse, and become clogged with mucus. Although air continues to reach the lungs when you breathe in, it becomes trapped, making it difficult and uncomfortable to breathe out. FACT: Up to three million people in the UK are estimated to have lung disease at any one time. Who gets lung disease? Are you at risk? It’s simple. If you smoke, you’re at risk. Smoking is the major cause of lung disease, and four out of five cases are smoking related. It used to be older men who worked down the mines that suffered from lung disease. Nowadays it’s rare for people who have never smoked to suffer from the condition. Other causes of lung disease can include passive smoking, air pollution or childhood lung problems that were not treated properly at the time.

Hi guys sorry about the ming title...but I wanted your attention...seriously
my partners relative is passing away slowly from smoking related cancer and now I have decided upon this with my partner to quit.
I will keep you posted on how I go, I start 2tomorrow.

please people realise what you are doing to yourselves and families when you smoke a ciggie, if you are not affected now sometime in the future you may be...
it is really distressing to see someone die so slowly from this horrible habit.

get rid of the ciggies now!!

[edit on 23-4-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I think Dennis Leary said it best:

"Wait, cigarettes are bad?? I thought they had vitamins in 'em and stuff!"

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Best of luck to you on quitting. I quit on the 18th of March so I'm not too far quit myself. Had been meaning to quit smoking, cut down on coffee, lose weight, get more strict on my blood type diet, exercise more........

All the usual "New Year's Resolutions". Kept trying to do one at a time and failed miserably each time. Finally just decided to do it all at once and, surprisingly enough, it was much easier.

Lobelia and horehound for quitting smoking and Yerba Matte for kicking the caffeine addiction without suffering the withdrawal headaches.

Sorry to hear about your partner's relative but at least you and your partner have chosen to turn something negative into something positive. Good for you!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

well so far i have quit biting my nails so if I can do that then I can stop smoking,
i'll just have a sip of water every time I want a fag and hope that annoys me enough to carry on not smoking

new topics

top topics

join