It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian Bunkers in the Simpson Desert

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
You are persistent.Try searching about 350 k's north around Boulia for anything unusual.This is the home of the Min Min lights ,a mysterious light that follows travellers for long distances ,it has been approached but never identified .It is said that anyone who catches the lights will disappear!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snowi
Farm dams could be a good explanation.
Here is an overview of all big farm dams in Australia and there are no farm dams in that location (maybe 2 small).

www.water.gov.au...

this link only shows large capacity dams, the dams that are spread throughout outback properties are usually smaller in size.
these are called 'turkey nests' and consist of a buildup or mound of dirt surrounding a shallow dig out.
the photo's show these so called bunkers to be around 250feet square which for the size, be the same as a smaller dam and not shown in the link for water resources.
The area where they are also shown would be a flood zone as well, so after any substancial rains, this whole area would be under water(hence the darker color) so wouldn't be the best place to build any type of bunker underground. good find though.

here's a good example in this location,

[edit on 24-4-2010 by redgy]

[edit on 24-4-2010 by redgy]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Farm dams can and do explain 10 of the 11 structures, but bunker/structure nr. 6 can't be a farm dam.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
What?!?

No streetview?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

any particular reason why? Its square, its clearly dry, you can even see where the walls were made from the scrapings on either side. Its clearly located in a shallow dry creek area. What makes this dam(because that is what it is) different from others?

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I take it back...i can now also see that nr.6 is a farm dam.

I really hoped i had found something, but it was only some bloody Farm Dams....better luck next time...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ocker
Hi snowi

interesting find Mate

see what you think of this one from cape York Queensland

i939.photobucket.com...

Cheers

Ocker

G'day Ocker,

That's Dixie Station. I've flown in there a couple of times.

Cheers

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
nice find...its too bad we can't get any closer with the satellite photographs...is there a website that provides a much closer view??? if so it would be great even if one had to pay for it

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mclmm

Originally posted by ocker
Hi snowi

interesting find Mate

see what you think of this one from cape York Queensland

i939.photobucket.com...

Cheers

Ocker

G'day Ocker,

That's Dixie Station. I've flown in there a couple of times.

Cheers

Thanks Mate for clearing that one up.. massive complex to say the least.

Thanks

Ocker

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

reply to post by 12voltz

Birdsville has a population of 115 people so it seems strange to build so many geothermal power station for that town alone and the structures looked nothing like any geothermal power station i could find in Google images.

It could support that theory if there was an underground secret base or something like that, that needed that much power.

The strange thing is the place itself...the desert are so dark, almost black and it's so isolated with no roads leading to these structures.

It's a puzzle 4 me

Just because there is 115 or however many people living in a small nearby town, doesn't mean that said alleged power station is meant to power their tiny town only. Ever heard of power transmission lines? These days they don't have to be above ground hanging from giant poles, the cables can be under ground.

Not that I'm saying what you found is a geothermal power station.
But I just thought I'd address this post of yours.

And another thing, usually in the outback, they don't have paved roads. They have dirt tracks. They aren't always going to show up on a crappy satellite image that Google provides for free to the public.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I think they might be underground bunkers for pine gap scientists lol

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputnik
What?!?

No streetview?

It's the middle of nowhere...there isn't anything to see..so it would be pointless for Google to send it's streetview cars out there to snap photos.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Snowi

Forgive me but I am new to posting here, but a long time lurker. I am getting married to an australian who spent 15 years in the defense force (army) there. He told me a story once about a desert where they had lost several airplanes due to being covered in sand. could this possibly be some of them?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dieselwren

Can you supply anymore details ?Sounds like an interesting story.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   

reply to post by 12voltz

Birdsville has a population of 115 people so it seems strange to build so many geothermal power station for that town alone and the structures looked nothing like any geothermal power station i could find in Google images.

It could support that theory if there was an underground secret base or something like that, that needed that much power.

The strange thing is the place itself...the desert are so dark, almost black and it's so isolated with no roads leading to these structures.

It's a puzzle 4 me

Not so puzzling - Birdsville goes from a small town to one of over 6,000 every year in september when the 'Birdsville races' are held.
Birdsville races site
and the wiki

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Why over the past few years australia is getting alot of attention.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
You can get pretty close with Bing maps. Looks like they are filled with water:

[edit on 7/6/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join