It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient stones older than Stonehenge discovered on Dartmoor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Ancient stones which are thought to be 1,000 years older than Stonehenge have been discovered in Dartmoor.

The nine stones at Cut Hill, one of the highest points on Dartmoor in Devon, have been carbon-dated to around 3,500BC.

The discovery of the megaliths has delighted archaeologists and will reignite the debate about the purpose of Stonehenge, which is 120 miles away in Wiltshire.

Mike Pitts, of British Archaeology magazine, said: ‘This is a spectacular find and its alignment on the Solstice sun, at the exact same angle as Stonehenge, gives us fresh insights into the knowledge of Stone Age people

Wow, this is a great find indeed. I wonder how much this will change what we know of stonehenges purpose? Hopefully this will be a vital piece of the puzzle that will give us more answers on the subject.

g.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Here is more info -

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8a2f3cf12083.jpg[/atsimg]

LITTERED across the hills of Dartmoor in Devon, southern England, around 80 rows and circles of stones stand sentinel in the wild landscape. Now, striking similarities between one of these monuments and Stonehenge, 180 kilometres to the east, suggest they may be the work of the same people.

The row of nine stones on Cut Hill was discovered in 2004 on one of the highest, most remote hills of Dartmoor national park. "It is on easily the most spectacular hill on north Dartmoor," says Andrew Fleming, president of the Devon Archaeological Society. "If you were looking for a distant shrine in the centre of the north moor, that's where you would put it."

www.newscientist.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I was reading about this.

The things that we seem to be finding more of, are stones.

Stones that indicate David's Jerusalem "was", despite the views of some.
Stones that indicate Time.
Stones that indicate Space.
Stones that baffle the best we can do today.

Stones that have stood, in one form or another, for millenium. An ever remaining testament to accomplishments we could only dream to achieve yet claim they are just anomilies of one form or another.

Seems like some may have "Meant" just this.

Ever remaining testaments.

I always wondered what we did with our time, in the pre Flood Era. Could this have been why we can no longer created things demanding 300 or 400 years of work, inorder to complete projects.

We today have no time for anything. Rushing here and there, communicating verbally, textually and thru video messenging.

The Photos are impressive.

Do they have any Google Satellite Imagary of these Stones and how they would align "Globally"?

What Sign are they aligned with Cosmically?

Do the Numerics mean anything?

If I note any further info on these stones, I will place the details in here.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Shane

Hi Shane,

agreed, it would be good to see these from above from a larger perspective.

It amazing that all these years, the top people, still do not have concrete ideas about why they were there!

Will we have anything that will stand the same test of time?

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If you guys think this is cool, I'm pretty sure that Puma Punka will blow your mind lol...

www.world-mysteries.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminati Literati

Thanks for the Post and Link, but I think this is a different type of beast to ponder, than Puma Punka. Nothing in Devon seems to indicate construction of buildings, as of yet, nor is there a mass of items located within a small area. Puma Punka is more of a Center of Habitation, and a place which people dwelt in or near.

These stones appears to me, to seemingly go on, inline, as if to mark a boundery or as noted Sun movements.

I just wonder how far they do extend, and if there had been more, which where either overlooked, (in importance) or built over, (out of ignorance), and whether they extended the breath of England for example.

Questions only time will resolve, I expect.

Ciao

Shane

new topics

top topics

join