It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insanity via the Iranian "threat".

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Hey good answer

It's just too bad the rest of the "free world" is also run by despots who need to be ousted. Following your list, it sounds like they have roughly the same sort of issues with their government as we all have with ours.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

Whatever it is, there is a need to back down, on all sides over the war rhetorics and blame game. Human lives are at stake.

We can achieve peace, and by that I mean the People or at least try. I, a non-Iranian, have absolutely no confidence in the illegitimate Iranian govt to seek for peace with its neighbours but will only escalate the situation further.

Hitler had done the same when the Allies were at his door step - gotterdammerung policy - total destruction of the nation and people.Only the Iranian people, if properly and honestly advised on the pros and cons, can save the situation now.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Thanks for your compliment.

As for those 'despots' in the free world, it will have to be decided by the People. It will be their responsibility. No more must we mankind give tyrants free reign. Their mistakes had only made mankind suffer war and poverty.

Cheers and thanks for the discussion.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

The Empire strategists know full well that all the outside pressure will lessen the likelihood of peaceful change in Iran, they want troops on the ground to control the assets of Iran and have the old regime lobbying in DC to put them back on the Peacock throne. Do you think Iran really wants to curl up in bed with China and Russia?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss
reply to post by thoughtsfull

I dig.

Can't disapprove of discussing the history of imperialism.

Now if only we could get some more people in here to debate this idea of attacking etc Iran...

The issue with the history of Imperialism is that the cycle constantly repeats itself.. with the end result that the countries at the focal point of that Imperialism ending up being attacked by (insert power) however I realise your focusing on how that is being sold in the MSM.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

given all the arguments you just gave and all that we have been through with Iran, since the 70s, with their track record, and their very real threat to Middle east stability, you seriously think we should allow such a country to have access to nuclear weapons? That in itself makes my question your judgment in such matters.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phedreus

given all the arguments you just gave and all that we have been through with Iran, since the 70s, with their track record, and their very real threat to Middle east stability, you seriously think we should allow such a country to have access to nuclear weapons? That in itself makes my question your judgment in such matters.

Um, everything I've said has shown how the US is the threat to the Middle East, especially with everything "we've" put Iran through. I'm not sure how you're confused at this point...

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Why wont you answer my questions? Its because Iran is a cornered weak nation who is doing what they can to have security. Assuming they are in fact absolutely developing nuclear BOMBS, what would you have them do? If you were backed into a corner and surrounded by threatening forces on all sides you'd want the best most surest deterent: nukes.

I am sorry but I have just got to call you on this one. Iran is cornered and weak? Given Iran's current strategic emplacements and logistical support of Hamas, the PLO, Hezbollah, and other radical groups, good planning , and a smart tactician, Iran has a better than 70% possibility of staging a war that would leave it the dominate power in the region with allies in Syria, Lebanon, and the Pals. . Russia, and China would not intervene against Iran, hoping to mire the US and EU into a middle east conflict.

[edit on 4/25/2010 by Phedreus]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Phedreus

When the US military, alone, spends as much on child care as Iran's entire military budget, there's really nothing to discuss. When US/Israel has hundreds of nukes pointign at them, game over. Cornered: YES. Weak: YES!

I get the feeling you didn't much read my OP.

What strategic emplacements?

That 70% victory is news to me. They'd have at least a 70% chance of drawing out a decade of guerilla fighting, like what is happening in Iraq. US wouldnt likely be able to storm to Tehran in a week, but all the key infrastructure would be bombed within that time. It's dowhill from there, except it'd plateau off into a long and stagnant conflict. It'd be pretty pointless overall. The US would be bankrupt even faster (inevitable anyways, go out with a bang!), and by the time anything would make any sense over there the world should have already replaced petro as the most important means of fuel.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
reply to post by Retrovertigo

The issue here now is not about US. It's about Iran alarming the world. Keep to topic please before you talk about eyesight issues.

And no. I don't accuse the Iranian leadership of anything other than what it is capable of and had been doing. Neither should you do so to me or anyone else, but its still your freedom to cheat and lie.

Which "world"? or "international community" are you talking bout?

Iran has the support of 118 nations.. more than the US has against iran.. epic fail.. even US ally turkey supports iran... the turks and/or 118 nations are not scared, worried about irans maturity (lol) or belching war monger "iran bad" drivel.. maybe the US elite are wrong? they do lie a-lot and have zero historical credibility when it comes to excuses for violence.

“Turkey has always supported Iran’s stance when it comes to the nuclear program,” said visiting Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglo
www.jackzap.com...

The 118-nation Nonaligned Movement backs Tehran in a letter submitted to the International Atomic Energy Agency endorsing Iran's plan to submit a resolution on the topic when IAEA nations meet next month.

www.haaretz.com...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
america is like all bullies. as soon as you can fight back and hurt them, they run away. as soon as america feels the same fear it has inflicted on other nations, like an enemy apache flying over the horizon, it will never back down.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join