It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insanity via the Iranian "threat".

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Greetings folks,

Just one thing. The point made that Iran has never attacked any of it's neighbors. Why go so far back as the Persian empire, when you only have too go back as far as the late 70's 80's to the Iraq/Iran war??

And yes before anyone states that this was "started" by a coordinated attack by Hussain on Iran, this was provoked by actions on the border to Shia insurgency (sound familiar??)

On to the point of an iran with nuclear weapons!. would they use them from an historical point of view, probably not, IF they were still controlled by the Shah, But since the revolution all bets are off.

Ahmedinejad actually reminds me a lot of bush. he uses a lot of religious rhetoric, and is definitely a war monger. But has more patience than bush, and is more deliberate in his planning.

So, in not so many world did he say that Isreal would be wiped off the face of the planet. But if it was?? what. isreal is not exactly innocent in all this. Bu the only reason that the US allies with it, is because on the outside it is a more civilised developed country. on the inside they are just as mad and bad as everyone else, and just as likely to use the nuke on iran or syria as they would on them guven the chance. So what is this? A regional cold war?? played out to save playing the big cold war all over again.

Maybe it is better to have regional devestation than global!!

But what about the oil interests. Well yes that is the reason that the west tries to keep a lid on things.

But its a little like trying to keep two fighting dogs on leashes when already in the ring! no so easy!!.TPTB do not want to see Iran turned to glass!, maybe they know something in the plan of Israel, so was part of the reason they / we went into Iraq and Afghanistan, Put friendly troops in harms way, to placate Israel. See we're doing something about it Israel, Shalom!?? same happened in the 1st Gulf war. but how long is this going to hold them back?? Once Iran test a bomb, you WILL see missile flying from Israel, regardless whether the west has a local buildup in the region and troops on the border ready to go in from Iraq and Afghanistan. if the US should know that israel will just do whatever it wants to do, regardless of what they say. but know that the US will always do what Israel wants. So who is in charge there??

Oh yes... the bankers

So where am I going with this? well nowhere. In my opinion it is a certainty that this madness will start, and there is absolutely NO WAY that the US and other can subdue a landmass that big!! and they no this, but because of this. All this talk of the use of nukes by TPTB at the moment is just FAR to worrying. it's almost like they have forgotten how powerful they are, and just need a reminder!!!

Madness!

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
What is your problem?

I'm an Iconoclast Extremist.
It doesn't win popularity contests, but I have my fun with my pathology, and find the most truth this way.

Why villify US or UK just to make Iran look good when right now, in this current state of affairs, the illegitimate govt of Iran

The U.S. Federal government is illegitimate, and the UK government is a monarchy.

is clearly pushing for Nukes without the mandate of its people,

One month they are, another month they're not... I don't recall every personally mandating the US FedGov to build tens of thousands of nuclear warheads. Did you get the mandate you mailed them notarized first?

threatening its neighbours,

I've shown that to be misleading, but more importantly I showed how the US has attacked, overthrown, subverted and threatened them in the past and present.

supporting terrorists that kills innocent men, women and children,

The CIA supports terrorists linked to Al Qaeda, created modern Islamic Fundamentalism, assassinates leaders who don't follow orders, supported Hussein when he gassed the kurds, is responsible for millions of innocent citizens being tortured and disappeared around the globe, oh and then theres the actual wars.

basically lying through its teeth to the international community

US FedGov does this to the international community, and its own citizens. Guess where you got your belief in all of this...

to stall time while it builds up its nuke capability?

And they have a right to, assuming they are. Pakistan and India still threaten each other, and attack each other, over Kashmir to this day.

Why allow hatred to blind you to facts?

I could say the same of your hatred for the Iranians. Why is it that you hate them so much??

[edit on 25-4-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Let's cut the bull#.

Do you or do you not agree that the illegitimate govt of Iran is threatening a people, lying throughout the year on its Nuke programme and alarming its neighbours as well as the international community?

A simple question and a simple reply of yes or no will suffice.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Thanks! I needed a good laugh, and I even gave you a star for it... so much for being "driven by hatred".

I'm not sure which "American's" "who voted in free and open elections" you're talking about, or which elections you're talking about for that matter.

"America" is an entire hemisphere. In South & Latin America, in most nations found therein, "freely" elected governments have been overthrown by "us". Other times, the CIA rigged elections to thwart democracy.

In the U.S., the elections are staged & rigged, or better referred to as "electioneered". If its facts and truth you seek in life, this that I speak of is where you ought to start. There should be plenty of links in this thread to get you started...

EDIT: Damn, you changed your entire post.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Seems to me you buy whatever propaganda you'd peddled by your own government...

Just about everything you said is hypocritical, a case of pots and kettles...

You accuse Iran of just about everything except the spread of HIV in the world and yet you are so blinded by the propaganda you consume every day that you are in denial about the disgraceful way your nation has handled itself in the world over the past 60 years...

The US is the biggest liar, murderer of innocent people and thief among nations that has ever existed...

Someone needs cataract surgery, methinks

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Didn't expect you to reply so fast when I edited the previous post.

I repeat once again. Yes or no?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
One more time, rather than re-edit my post, since you are still here and reply fast.

Let's cut the bull#.

Do you or do you not agree that the illegitimate govt of Iran is threatening a people, lying throughout the year on its Nuke programme and alarming its neighbours as well as the international community?

A simple question and a simple reply of yes or no will suffice. Cut out the crap and propaganda. Just the facts.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

A simple question and a simple reply of yes or no will suffice. Cut out the crap and propaganda. Just the facts.

How can I give a simple answer when you have to throw in irrelevant weasel words such as "illegitimate" when the US & UK are even more illegitimate than Iran?

Or how am I when the US & Israel are vastly more threatening and a vastly greater threat?

Or when US & Israel are lying about their own nuclear proliferation?

Please quote anything I've said that isn't a fact, and demonstrate it as such.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

The issue here now is not about US. It's about Iran alarming the world. Keep to topic please before you talk about eyesight issues.

And no. I don't accuse the Iranian leadership of anything other than what it is capable of and had been doing. Neither should you do so to me or anyone else, but its still your freedom to cheat and lie.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

I only asked you a simple factual question. Yes or no? Why stammer and stall?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The issue here now is not about US. It's about Iran alarming the world.

Says who???

Neither should you do so to me or anyone else, but its still your freedom to cheat and lie.

I only asked you a simple factual question. Yes or no? Why stammer and stall?

Why wont you answer my questions? Its because Iran is a cornered weak nation who is doing what they can to have security. Assuming they are in fact absolutely developing nuclear BOMBS, what would you have them do? If you were backed into a corner and surrounded by threatening forces on all sides you'd want the best most surest deterent: nukes.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The issue here now is not about US. It's about Iran alarming the world. Keep to topic please before you talk about eyesight issues.

And no. I don't accuse the Iranian leadership of anything other than what it is capable of and had been doing. Neither should you do so to me or anyone else, but its still your freedom to cheat and lie.

My freedom to cheat and lie ?

Now THAT is the pot calling the kettle black...Man that's hilarious

Iran is only "alarming" the world due to the lies perpetuated by the US government, US intelligence (talk about an oxymoron) service, and people like you on forums like this...

So the US and its role in all of this is VERY relevant to the topic of this thread...

You have no way of knowing the true situation in Iran any more than anyone else, so quit acting like you do...

Most people on here have a well developed bull# detector, and if they pointed it your way right now, it would be close to exploding

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Again, you choose to evade my question and divert outside of this thread.
Are you afraid of the truth?

One more time:- yes or no to my original question to you after you claim to have a good laugh.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

It's your right to your beliefs and its system. Whatever that keeps you alive. I prefer to deal with the issue on hand and keep to topic and facts, if you don't mind.

If you want fantasies, i suggest you try disneyland, or if it is too american to you, try Dubai's white elephants.

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I did edit in a response to that question...

And it isn't a simple yes or no answer. But, if it were a total and absolute YES, it still wouldn't amount to their enemies in this case. The US/UK/Israel are each more illegitimate, corrupt, tyrannical, threatening, actual threats, and nuclear proliferating as Iran could ever hope to be.

Factoring in all of that, after pre-emptively showing how much of your claims are mostly hyped up distortions, I dont even see the point of your broad question.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Now I have a question for YOU: What would YOU do if you were the leadership in Iran? Or, what would YOU expect of the leadership in Iran do or SAY to defend itself if YOU were a Iranian Citizen, while sorrounded by powerful enemies threatening to attack?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I did edit in a response to that question...

And it isn't a simple yes or no answer. But, if it were a total and absolute YES, it still wouldn't amount to their enemies in this case. The US/UK/Israel are each more illegitimate, corrupt, tyrannical, threatening, actual threats, and nuclear proliferating as Iran could ever hope to be.

Factoring in all of that, after pre-emptively showing how much of your claims are mostly hyped up distortions, I dont even see the point of your broad question.

1. I am glad that you realize there are no simple yes or no to my questions or to anything in life. You had been seeing issues in straight black and white in your various tirades against US/UK.

May you learn from this and keep to topic, which is Iran alarming the world and 'presumed' insanities over the issue.

A 'IF' for an answer, by the way, is still an evasion. May you soon realize too that you will have to commit to an answer in your heart about this issue. Precious uman lives are at stake, and over such issues, we CANNOT hide from the truth nor support lies.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Now I have a question for YOU: What would YOU do if you were the leadership in Iran? Or, what would YOU expect of the leadership in Iran do or SAY to defend itself if YOU were a Iranian Citizen, while sorrounded by powerful enemies threatening to attack?

1. Call for a referendumn by the people to decide if they want to bear the responsibility of living with possesion of nukes. If so, than nukes all the way, come hell or highwater.

2. Seek for lasting peace with neighbours.

3. Invite Sunni clerics to come to Iran to find a common ground whereby both sects can coexist in peace for its people.

4. Free and open elections.

But I am not an Iranian to determine their society. Only the Iranian People can decide, and not the nutcase illegitimate Desposts now ruling the country.

I hope my answer is straightforward enough, with no evasion.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

May you learn from this and keep to topic, which is Iran alarming the world and 'presumed' insanities over the issue.

It's your right to your beliefs and its system. Whatever that keeps you alive. I prefer to deal with the issue on hand and keep to topic and facts, if you don't mind.

If you want fantasies, i suggest you try disneyland, or if it is too american to you, try Dubai's white elephants.

That wasn't on topic

The topic is Iran isn't a threat, but rather the US & Israel are the threatening threats, contrary to "alarming" imperialist propaganda.

BTW: I have a hunch its been you going off topic talking about the UK all this time.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Again, you choose to evade my question and divert outside of this thread.
Are you afraid of the truth?

One more time:- yes or no to my original question to you after you claim to have a good laugh.

As I read it your question has been answered, I suggest you read carefully and stop trying to catch folk out in your flimsy word play, no one has said Iran is heaven on earth, but come on see through the propaganda there is an evil Empire and most of us live in it.

The Iranians are clumsy in their control methods because they haven't got the SYSTEM or wealth of the Empire and are hamstrung because of an archaic philosophy, but they are clever principled resisters doing their best to balance their precarious position, only theirs because of geography.

If you look into most of the big flag propaganda stories the Iranians are innocent of the charges against them you don't have to do much research they hardly put any effort into the propaganda these days.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Thepreye]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join