It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer for President 2012!!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
It was immigrants that built your country.

yes and all of them are dead now.
so this law doesn't apply to them.

I was BORN here.
I have a Birth Certificate that says so.
I have a valid SS number.
I have a valid US Passport.

Now can I see YOUR birth Certificate ???

I see the flag u have in ur avatar is not from
the US so I have a right to ask.

u get the picture???

I never made any pretext about being a United States citizen. In fact I have said time and again that I am a Brit, born in Canada to a British and a Canadian subject of the Crown. My comments were based on the precept of American Exceptionalism, not to any distinction of weather or not I agree with the law passed or not.

Of course the United States should protect their boarders from those who break the law, especially the incredibly dangerous drug runners and thugs coming into Arizona from Mexico. That is basic national security right there.

What angered me was the name calling, horrible attacks on all Mexican people and not just those breaking laws. That was disgusting, and that is why we Europeans sometimes shake our heads at the words of those in your country. I've got no problem with you enforcing the laws on your books.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
and just sometimes
public opinion polls
do show TRUE opinions

www.cnn.com

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/219a478bc339.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
There is NOTHING UNCONSTITUTIONAL or WRONG with this recently passed Bill. In fact it is VERY BENEFICIAL to ALL of those who are LEGAL, law-abiding citizens of who have put in the BLOOD, SWEAT, and TEARS to make America great.

I find it VERY STRANGE that most of the people making the "unconstitutional claims", never raised their voices in the past in support constitutional issues!! Where were they so many times in the past that they could have spoken up? CLEARLY to me, it seems that these individuals are making a big stink about this because they, OR someone they KNOW, may be of ILLEGAL status, in other words a CRIMINAL! I hope the next law is that anyone with knowledge of an illegal whom doesn't REPORT them, they too be punished by the law. Not reporting a CRIMINAL is just as BAD as being one of them

GOOD JOB ARIZONA, THIS IS A BIG WIN FOR THE HARD-WORKING, LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS OF THE STATE.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Feds have not done jack # for how long? Both Bush and Obama.

Now the states take matters into their own hands and its "Oh! What the hell? What the hell is going on down there?"

Yeah.

Shut it, Obama. And Bush did nothing either."

If the feds want to allow illegals to run amok, well...prepare for the states to take action.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

They ARE going after employers, so NO more obfuscations please.

Here is a small section of the legislation-

Employer section of the legislation

(a) Shall order the employer to terminate the employment of all unauthorized aliens.

(b) Shall order the employer to be subject to a three year probationary period for the business location where the unauthorized alien performed work. During the probationary period the employer shall file quarterly reports in the form provided in section 23‑722.01 with the county attorney of each new employee who is hired by the employer at the business location where the unauthorized alien performed work.

(c) Shall order the employer to file a signed sworn affidavit with the county attorney within three business days after the order is issued. The affidavit shall state that the employer has terminated the employment of all unauthorized aliens in this state and that the employer will not intentionally or knowingly employ an unauthorized alien in this state. The court shall order the appropriate agencies to suspend all licenses subject to this subdivision that are held by the employer if the employer fails to file a signed sworn affidavit with the county attorney within three business days after the order is issued. All licenses that are suspended under this subdivision shall remain suspended until the employer files a signed sworn affidavit with the county attorney. Notwithstanding any other law, on filing of the affidavit the suspended licenses shall be reinstated immediately by the appropriate agencies. For the purposes of this subdivision, the licenses that are subject to suspension under this subdivision are all licenses that are held by the employer specific to the business location where the unauthorized alien performed work. If the employer does not hold a license specific to the business location where the unauthorized alien performed work, but a license is necessary to operate the employer's business in general, the licenses that are subject to suspension under this subdivision are all licenses that are held by the employer at the employer's primary place of business. On receipt of the court's order and notwithstanding any other law, the appropriate agencies shall suspend the licenses according to the court's order. The court shall send a copy of the court's order to the attorney general and the attorney general shall maintain the copy pursuant to subsection G of this section.

(d) May order the appropriate agencies to suspend all licenses described in subdivision (c) of this paragraph that are held by the employer for not to exceed ten business days. The court shall base its decision to suspend under this subdivision on any evidence or information submitted to it during the action for a violation of this subsection and shall consider the following factors, if relevant:

(i) The number of unauthorized aliens employed by the employer.

(ii) Any prior misconduct by the employer.

(iii) The degree of harm resulting from the violation.

(iv) Whether the employer made good faith efforts to comply with any applicable requirements.

(v) The duration of the violation.

(vi) The role of the directors, officers or principals of the employer in the violation.

(vii) Any other factors the court deems appropriate.

2. For a second violation, as described in paragraph 3 of this subsection, the court shall order the appropriate agencies to permanently revoke all licenses that are held by the employer specific to the business location where the unauthorized alien performed work. If the employer does not hold a license specific to the business location where the unauthorized alien performed work, but a license is necessary to operate the employer's business in general, the court shall order the appropriate agencies to permanently revoke all licenses that are held by the employer at the employer's primary place of business. On receipt of the order and notwithstanding any other law, the appropriate agencies shall immediately revoke the licenses.

3. The violation shall be considered:

(a) A first violation by an employer at a business location if the violation did not occur during a probationary period ordered by the court under this subsection or section 23‑212.01, subsection F for that employer's business location.

(b) A second violation by an employer at a business location if the violation occurred during a probationary period ordered by the court under this subsection or section 23‑212.01, subsection F for that employer's business location.

G. The attorney general shall maintain copies of court orders that are received pursuant to subsection F of this section and shall maintain a database of the employers and business locations that have a first violation of subsection A of this section and make the court orders available on the attorney general's website.

H. On determining whether an employee is an unauthorized alien, the court shall consider only the federal government's determination pursuant to 8 United States Code section 1373(c). The federal government's determination creates a rebuttable presumption of the employee's lawful status. The court may take judicial notice of the federal government's determination and may request the federal government to provide automated or testimonial verification pursuant to 8 United States......................................................

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
and just sometimes
public opinion polls
do show TRUE opinions

www.cnn.com

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/219a478bc339.jpg[/atsimg]

That's a great example of bad polling. A lot of people will automatically click "disagree" against anything Obama said, no matter the actual question.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Ahh yes, nothing like having to carry your papers around everywhere you go.
Lets get that national ID going...and lets make sure that its fraudproof by turning it into a microchip.

it would solve the problem nice and quick

hooray for cattle

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain_Sense
There is NOTHING UNCONSTITUTIONAL or WRONG with this recently passed Bill. In fact it is VERY BENEFICIAL to ALL of those who are LEGAL, law-abiding citizens of who have put in the BLOOD, SWEAT, and TEARS to make America great.

I find it VERY STRANGE that most of the people making the "unconstitutional claims", never raised their voices in the past in support constitutional issues!! Where were they so many times in the past that they could have spoken up? CLEARLY to me, it seems that these individuals are making a big stink about this because they, OR someone they KNOW, may be of ILLEGAL status, in other words a CRIMINAL! I hope the next law is that anyone with knowledge of an illegal whom doesn't REPORT them, they too be punished by the law. Not reporting a CRIMINAL is just as BAD as being one of them

GOOD JOB ARIZONA, THIS IS A BIG WIN FOR THE HARD-WORKING, LAW-ABIDING CITIZENS OF THE STATE.

Typing in all-capital letters really helps make your case.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I am so glad to find this site. I have always voted Democrat but see what a mess I've helped create and have sworn allegiance to Jan Brewer and any other politician who shows backbone like she has.

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join