It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Governor Signs Controversial Immigration Enforcement Bill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Our border 'door' is only so open due to there being so many CRIMINALS of a "legal immigration/citizen" status holding it wide for them to flow through.

This is just another soul sickening example of corporate evil successfully VILLAINIZING an innocent victim for their own EVIL crimes.

Shameful how blaming the real criminals is a mere wisp of an afterthought when it is so much more trendy to just shift blame to the victim.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

I somewhat agree with you, but illegal immigrants are illegal immigrants. It's that simple, they are here Illegally. You have to go after them too. The problems you are mentioning are just a small fraction most illegals came here knowing exactly what they were doing.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
Our border 'door' is only so open due to there being so many CRIMINALS of a "legal immigration/citizen" status holding it wide for them to flow through.

This is just another soul sickening example of corporate evil successfully VILLAINIZING an innocent victim for their own EVIL crimes.

Shameful how blaming the real criminals is a mere wisp of an afterthought when it is so much more trendy to just shift blame to the victim.

You do realize that this bill in AZ is very very hard against parties that hire illegals, don't you?

[edit on 4/24/2010 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Amendment 4 - Search and Seizure. Ratified 12/15/1791.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

www.usconstitution.net...

The State of Arizona has a long and expensive trial in the Supreme Court ahead of it. Any law enforcement officer foolish enough to act on this had better shake down a lot of blond, blue-eyed folks on suspicion that they are illegal immigrants from Denmark.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by DJW001]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
There is only one way I will believe this bill is tough on the real criminals who hire illegals.

That is the day this goes into effect live I see every business that has hired an ilegal SHUT DOWN.

Illegals are like a misdemeanor to the employers FELONY.

Instead of misdirecting hate to humans, why aren't the laws focusing on the source of the problem...employers.

The only thing this law did was highlight the prejudicial hypocrisy and ignorance of arizona. It makes it easier for pigs to harass people too.

The easy and best solution is make illegals legal and that doesn't happen because the CRIMINALS employing illegals are not willing to pay the price. Easier to cry for shameful laws villainizing these humans, and cheaper too.

Shameful.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Gov. Jan made a political statement; that's all it was. If she was really serious; she would have hired state cops and positioned them on the border to stop illegals from coming in; but that costs money.

I think this is sadly so, and a statement fraught with either unintended consequences or ramifications to which Americans should not be subject.

Like going "to war with the army you have, not the army you might want or wish to have at a later time" and trying to do it on the cheap, we know the fiasco and money pit Iraq became.

There are differences in crime: local, state, federal, international, military, etc. What, for example, will an Arizona LEO do when s/he uncovers a German national visiting the Grand Canyon who overstayed his/her visa? Or a Filipino grandmother with expired paperwork?

And, yes, not just business is guilty of hiring illegal aliens. Anyone who bought building materials and then proceeded to hire the illegal alien to hammer or plumb because they were cheap labor is guilty.

Perhaps this bill is also similar to the old trick of employers calling La Migra when the illegal aliens they knowingly hired were finished with their job and thus not paying wages, free labor. With the unemployment rate high in Arizona, this bill will get rid of illegal workers, forcing unemployed citizens back into the labor force at reduced wages.

Oh, and carrying around a birth certificate (ready to be stolen!!) is not always a sign of citizenship, birthers aside. What of the citizen born in another country but becoming a citizen through the legal process?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

How so?

You do realize that it is modeled after the federal immigration laws, and in a lot of places actually uses federal law verbatim, right?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Have you even read the bill?

I would advise you to do so.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Americans don't like the idea of policemen asking to "see their papers." In order to avoid obvious discrimination suits, policemen will need to check everyone's papers or obtain a warrant based on probable cause. This means everyone will need to be issued papers. Do you want the government to issue you papers? Do you want to go to jail if you leave your papers in your other wallet?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

I don't know why you call illegal immigrants "innocent victims", and ignore the fact that they are, in fact committing a crime. Not one of them are innocent if they're an adult, and not all of them are victims. The companies are guilty, for sure, and should be dealt with. But the fact that they are guilty does not make the illegal immigrants innocent, by any means.

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
You do realize that this bill in AZ is very very hard against parties that hire illegals, don't you?

It's good to know that they will also be going after the companies who hire illegally, but they're not doing more than basically revoking their licenses. a slap on the hands is the worst punishment they'll receive. They should be putting people in jail or making them pay fines. Hit them where it hurts, IMO.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
If Gov. Jan were really serious she would have sent troops not to the border but to each business and home in the state demanding proper paperwork on ALL employees of the establishment.

But that involves harassing real humans not those brown ones from solmewhere else, so obviously Gov. Jan is not serious about this supposed problem.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I don't know why you call illegal immigrants "innocent victims", and ignore the fact that they are, in fact committing a crime.

A crime that is a misdemeanor or administrative procedure for the most part.

It's good to know that they will also be going after the companies who hire illegally, but they're not doing more than basically revoking their licenses.

Fines for employers have been on the books for quite awhile. I wonder how far Arizona will go to prove that an employer hired an illegal willingly. Even the E-verify is prone to mistakes.

Now, I have always known you to be an honest person. Could answer the question I pose to you please?

It wouldn't bother you that Americans of Hispanic origin will be caught up this and ultimately lead them to having to provide more documentation than any other American will have to?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

We get it, once again it's all the evil white people's fault.........can you possibly expound upon how none, and I mean none of this is the illegals fault. Just one fact/truth of how them being here illegally is in no way their fault? Don't break the law and you won't face the consequences, really simple concept.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
How funny is it that the state of AZ had to make it ILLEGAL to be an ILLEGAL Alien? It seems to me that the title illegal alien defines that the person has broken the law, hmm.

Perhaps, I'm mistaken but how would the constitution protect illegal aliens, they are not citizens, thus the illegal part. I have no problem with people wanting to immigrate to the US, my great grandpartents did it, however as my great grandparents did, these people also need to do it by legal methods. It's very simple.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

BH, I think that liberals were used by those wanting porous borders for cheap labor here. Liberal sympathies were wanted, but not the idea of unionizing the illegal worker!

As long as the liberal did not mention helping out by demanding fair labor practices but instead welcomed the illegal immigrant, all was fine.

Rather than acting bravely to defend the American worker all these years, and as long as corporations run the govt,, this bill amounts to the cowards way of addressing problems relating to the American economy and labor.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Part of the problem is that this law can result in citizens being declared "illegal aliens" if they don't have an Arizona driver's license! It also doesn't specify "passport with appropriate visa" as a criterion! (Yes, I've actually read the bill. The senators who voted for it apparently didn't.)

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Illegal aliens ARE BROWN. They are Mexicans, not Canadians. WTF??? How is that racial profiling? I call it COMMON SENSE.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67a51f3ccd92.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Does AZ not have a similar law currently? In my state you must have either a valid drivers license or state id. Technically, even when I go running I have to carry it, usually I don't bc its a pain and no one bothers you, but I do know that it is the law here, and I also know that I have 24 hours to present.

Actually, I was pulled over in TN once as a passenger in a car. My boyfriend, who was the driver, gave his drivers license and I was asked for mine, I didn't have it as I wasn't driving and didn't think I needed my purse (with all that stuff) so I left it at the hotel. Turns out the jack ass that pulled us over was going to arrest me for being out without id.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
It wouldn't bother you that Americans of Hispanic origin will be caught up this and ultimately lead them to having to provide more documentation than any other American will have to?

It most certainly WOULD bother me! I'm posting in about 3 threads on this subject and in every one, I have voiced my concern about that. The VERY first thing I said in THIS thread:

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
My only concern is that I wonder what will be considered "reason to suspect they are in the country illegally". Driving while brown? The potential for profiling is very high.

Also:

I know you have every right to express it, but people are most likely going to die over this. Innocent Americans are going to be profiled, hassled, arrested and humiliated over this. Possibly worse. People assume that only illegal immigrants will suffer as a result of this, but they're not seeing the whole picture.

This is not a good situation for ANYONE involved.

I totally agree. But they don't need anything but "reasonable suspicion". And it's not defined. So, is brown skin reasonable suspicion? If the cop says it is, it is. MAJOR potential for corruption. This ain't gonna be pretty.

Please, jam, don't make the mistake that just because I support this bill to a degree that I'm gleeful about "kicking out all the illegals". That's not where I'm coming from here.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Illegal aliens ARE BROWN.

So are Americans. And legal immigrants. That's the problem.

Rapists are men. I'll let you figure out the illogical conclusions from there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join