It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Governor Signs Controversial Immigration Enforcement Bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
This bill will be overturned as soon as an Arizona Hispanic politician or their kid gets pulled over and charged for driving while brown, without the proper identification.

This is just transparent grandstanding by the Gov; pandering to her base. She knows this bill won't last thru the courts.

The people with money that hire illegals will also put the keebosh on this deal.
I also live next door to AZ. and you have no idea how much the economy in the Southwest depends o cheap labor.

Money talks and BS walks and this bill just slipped on its huaraches.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I too agree this is going to get real ugly!

Unfortunatly my family lives in Arizona and i am very concerned.

*sigh*

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
For the people thinking that questioning a person about there citizenship because they can only speak a few words of english isprofiling; read what is required to become a US citizen. they must learn the language to become a citizen. My aunt had to do it and worked very hard to aquire her citizenship and she does not agree with the way our govt has allowed illegal immigrants to cross the borders with such ease. take a look at the rest of the worlds policies on immigration. usually u have to be able to bring something productive to there society along with paying there taxes and speaking the language and u still may not be granted citizenship. We have been way to lax on our immigration and i think californias economy is showing the effects of it right now. If we need the cheap labor to support the economy then why has it faltered and failed so dramatically in the last decades when illegal immigration has become such a widespread problem?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Look I'm in the same boat with not agreeing with the measures that have to be undertaken to fix the problem, but I really don't see anyway else to deal with the problem. I mean we can give them all amnesty, but look at what will happen then, more illegals will come flooding across the boarder. Reagan already granted Amnesty to illegals back in the early 80's the only thing it did was increase the number of illegals coming into America.

Honestly I don't see any other way to deal with the problem other than loading up the patty wagons and APV's with SWAT and start raiding neighborhoods where illegals are suspected of living. I find that way more intrusive and freedom killing then having to carry your Green Card or BC around with you.

And I'm sure there will be a certain level of abuse like everything else. What I see happening is this law driving out all the illegals into other states like Cali and other places. So it will achieve it's goal for AZ but it's only shifting the problem to other states because the Fed won't do its job.

If you have another solution to deal with the problem that doesn't involve amnesty I'm all ears.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This Arizona case strikes me as almost a 'test case' to determine if one of the 'United" states has a level of separation, and independence, implicit in the Constitution to allow, or even require, all manner of resistance to the arguably mandated muggery of health care, cap-and-trade, et. al. and other adventures by an Executive Branch seemingly oblivious of it's important, and limited, place in the grand scheme of this particular attempt at human governance.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Amnesty without a sealed border strikes me as an invitation; sealed border without some form of 'amnesty' seems an instant criminalization.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
This bears to follow and pay attention to the following things:
It is sad that the Federal government fails to follow through with its own laws to enforce, but before you turn around and say anything bad against this law let me ask you this, are you for slavery? Are you for the enslavement of a group of people? Cause no matter how you cut it, that is what illegale immigration does. Some one who crosses the boarder illegally not only breaks the federal laws of the land, but have no recourse under the employment laws. Consider if a company hires someone who is an illegale immigrant, how much can they choose to pay them? And what of the abuses that a citizen of the country would not endure, what of those? A person who is an illegale alien has no legal recourse, can not go to the authorities when their rights are violated, to do such means that they take a chance of being deported and fined, treated as a ciminial. And if they do manage to score a good job, the question with all of the irs stuff, whos indentity did they steal?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
www.azcentral.com...#/News/Protests+turn+aggressive/40280768001/35150280001/79854017001

Protests turn aggressive

Video: Arizona immigration bill protesters throw water bottles at police and an opposing protester.

Its just beginning

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

It's not slavery if they willingly and knowingly come into the country illegally. They are fully aware of the consequences of it. If they aren't then that is their problem.

The problem is that it is... you ready for it.... ILLEGAL for them to work live ect. in America without a visa or green card. Sorry your not going to pull the heart strings on this one for me.

It's their problem. They don't have to submit themselves to this, they do it willingly in most cases.

Also no sealing the boarder without amnesty is not criminalization. THEY ARE ALREADY FREAKING CRIMINALS!!! They are living and working here illegally, point period paragraph.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Light of Night

Yes and no, it is a double edge problem. We use the illegale immigrants as cheap labor, cause we can pay them under the table, and for far less than someone who is here legally. At the same time they use us as an atm machine, bilking for as much money as they can get. Kind of a viscious circle that needs to stop. I am not saying that someone who crosses the boarder deserves sympathy, no, but at the same time we can not accept that it is a form of slavery, be they are here legally or not. The practice is outdated and needs to end, and the means have to be harsh as to prevent the practice, and for the upkeep of the public welfare.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
The way this bill is -supposed- to be enforced, from what I understand, is that if anyone is pulled over for some offense, speeding, jay walking, whatever, and are unable to produce a valid license, valid ID, or valid anything, are then subject to this bill.

If someone is pulled over, and cannot produce legitimate proof of ID, then it serves them right to have to deal with the consequences. If they are here legally, then great, next time carry a valid ID. If they are not, even better, gtfo.

Hopefully the police use this correctly, as in only when there was some other -valid- reason to stop someone, and they were unable to produce valid ID.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheScale

read what is required to become a US citizen.

And while your busy reading, try to find where it says they have to become citizens.

And even if they become citizens, the amount of English required is a big joke. I could teach it to somebody in a week and they could pass that test.

reply to post by TheCoffinman

it will be interesting to see how far the federal government and la raza and whatever other groups support illegal immigrantion will go to overturn this law..

As an American, you yourself should want this overturned. Of course, you don't care that your fellow natural BROWN American or might get an ass whooping or harassed just because he/she didn't produce a BC on demand.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Reply to post by jam321

So you are going to claim harassment because the people being stopped are brown, when most of the populations is brown.

There are other ways to tell, and all is needed is reasonable suspicion. If they are driving, a license check can be initiated at any time.

It is like people in predominantly black neighborhoods crying racism when they are pulled over. It is ludicrous.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I'm tempted to go back to Univ. and get my JD or LL.M degree and get certified to practice in Ariz. I'll bet the attorneys are licking their chops.
Some legal Hispanic with huge connections is bound to get routed and set loose a firestorm of suits. It's the American way.
I have no doubt that behind the scenes the challenges to this bill in the courts will make quick work of it.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

when most of the populations is brown.

Where the hell you get that from?

White persons, percent definition and source info White persons, percent, 2008 (a) 86.5% 79.8%
Persons of Hispanic or Latino origin, percent, 2008 (b) 30.1% 15.4%

quickfacts.census.gov...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

From what I have read the only thing close to being unconstitutional in the bill is the fact legal immigrants have to carry around Green Card or Visa's. Other than that, its all completely legitimate. Illegal immigration is a crime set forth by the constitution.

Doesn't matter how you feel on the subject, but coming into the country through illegal channels is in fact a crime.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
www.azcentral.com...#/News/ACLU+drafts+suit+against+immigration+bill/40280768001/35150280001/79895187001

So the ACLU says the State does not have the right to enforce Federal immigration laws, but what is a state to do when the Federal refuses to do their job and as such imperils said State. Arizona has gone broke fighting illegal immigration. Should we all just throw in the towel and try to get along due to the ineptitude of the Federal Government and their unwillingness to do their job.

You think I could just go to Ireland (for example) and just stay indefinitely and then claim profiling when they try to kick me out. Think that would work for me?

Why do we have a law against illegal immigration and then refuse to enforce it? What, because it is so prevalent that it cant be stopped - really? I have a feeling this is gonna work if Arizona sticks to it guns.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

That's interesting. I think the constitution grants states the right to enforce federal laws I do believe. Last time I checked the constitution only limits the authority of the federal government it doesn't specify that states can't enforce federal laws.

Wow, come to think of it this bill can have so many potential different outcomes.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
www.azcentral.com...#/News/Mayor%3A+Bill+%27vague%2C%27+%27unconstutional%27/40280768001/35150280001/79891179001

Mayor: Bill 'vague,' 'unconstutional'

Phoenix mayor to ask for injunction against SB1070

Phoenix Mayor seeks Federal injuction against Bill due to Un-Constutionality.
Wants to kill it before the suing begins.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The State has a right to protect its Citizens and the State. It also has a right under this law to make sure you have your State issued Doccumatation on you as well as a: Passport, Green card, SS Card, Valid Photo ID ect. Anything that can convince them you are a Citizen.

I just hope this don't backfire on AZ cause this has the potental to go south real fast.

I think the Govornor should have the AZ National Guard on alert and be prepared to call up Militia.

You know the feds will do nothing to help.

Due to the fact that its counter productive to their goals to destroy America.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join