It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Browns gas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I.. don't think they just electrolyze the water..

If they did, then yeah, it would split into Hydrogen and Oxygen, but it would be 02 gas and Hx gas - not single H and O atoms flying around. Things just don't lose all need of molecular bonding. The gases would recombine and almost immediately reform 2H20 molecules, that is, water, without any sort of flame or energy or any of that being produced.

This has to be something other than electrolysis.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
You do use electricity to make browns gas. The main reason its so crap and not used as a super fuel lol

www.nottaughtinschools.com...

Browns Gas Here is the principle:

Water is H2O, that is 2 Hydrogen atoms combined with 1 Oxygen atom. When they are together in this form, we know it as water. When we separate water into its components using electrolysis, we end up with two cylinders of gas - one filled with Oxygen, and one filled with Hydrogen. The Hydrogen cylinder will contain exactly twice as much gas as the Oxygen one. Both gases are now in the diatomic state. You probably remember this experiment from grade school.

What you probably don't remember is that if we keep the gas (Oxygen and Hydrogen) together in its monatomic state (under its own pressure), we have a gas that will burn!!! Do you know why you don't remember this? because THEY DID NOT TELL YOU THIS!!! The oil industry is far to profitable.

This video tells you what school did not teach you.

Here is an other amazing fact that you never learned in school:

If you add 5% of O2 (diatomic Oxygen) to H2 (diatomic Hydrogen), it will explode!

----------
actually thats wrong it doesnt explode it implodes, and the oil industry just happens to supply the Electricity they need to make this super fuel. Until the solar market is opened up there will be no such thing as free energy.

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   
My brothers dog kind of... chewed a few times on the book I borrowed from the library where I first read about Brown's gas

It's not completely wasted, but it has some damage. Fortunalty no text is swallowed.

What can I say, dogs chew on everything possible don't they...

I can't wait untill I see the' face of the librarian' ->

oh well, I guess I'll keep it and buy them a new one..

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Andy Robins
Browns Gas Here is the principle:

Water is H2O, that is 2 Hydrogen atoms combined with 1 Oxygen atom. When they are together in this form, we know it as water. When we separate water into its components using electrolysis, we end up with two cylinders of gas - one filled with Oxygen, and one filled with Hydrogen. The Hydrogen cylinder will contain exactly twice as much gas as the Oxygen one. Both gases are now in the diatomic state. You probably remember this experiment from grade school.

What you probably don't remember is that if we keep the gas (Oxygen and Hydrogen) together in its monatomic state (under its own pressure), we have a gas that will burn!!! Do you know why you don't remember this? because THEY DID NOT TELL YOU THIS!!! The oil industry is far to profitable.

Okay, that's a fairly general quote, let's look at two key lines.

The Hydrogen cylinder will contain exactly twice as much gas as the Oxygen one. Both gases are now in the diatomic state.

What you probably don't remember is that if we keep the gas (Oxygen and Hydrogen) together in its monatomic state (under its own pressure), we have a gas that will burn!!!

Okay, there's the problem sparky.

Notice how they never specify a method of making the oxygen and hydrogen monoatomic? They speak of how it is diatomic, then suddenly they are 'keeping it in its monoatomic state' - which you simply can't do.

Jesus, only been said 4-5 times.

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   
The scientific term for a diatomic monoatomic mixture is called stoichiometric, where you have the right ratio of gases and the individual atoms are free to move around but do not combine.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Viendin

Well I have a browns torch and it is very simple to make water into browns gas and most of the claims are true. To make browns all you do is mix water with baking soda or some other electrolyte then send a DC current through the water. It makes browns gas ie HH0 (water but the molecules are broken and so free/ monoatomic. The oxygen atoms and hydrogen atoms probably go together so it wouldn't stay monoatomic for long but it stays as gas, doesn't turn back to water until lit).

It is not a hot flame I can indeed touch it for very short periods but when I touch it to a metal or whatever else it will easily melt all of them. So the temperature of the flame is indeed not set and it interacts with whatever it touches and gets hot enough to melt whatever it is.

Maybe look a bit deeper before writing something off next time lol You do look like quite a fool...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join