It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is everyone in love with Nick Clegg?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I think UK politics is important on a global scale. For obvious reasons. And people should pay a lot more attention to it.

A third of ALL the worlds debts are held in the square mile of London's financial district... We are your gateway to Europe and to the east and helped with the build up to the second Gulf war by building the coalition on your behalf by using our diplomatic influence.... Truth is though, all of those things are decided on a year in year out basis at Bilderberger meetings.... We do not get a real choice to who "leads" us..... What we get are predestined puppets with an over all agenda, hence the reason why parties like the BNP, UKIP, and other independants get trashed in the media because they go against the PLAN.....

What we need in the UK is a clean sweep of all the major parties... We need true devolution and a parliament of independants who vote with the democratic will of their constituents and not a party line... This will also stop interest groups and big corps from buying legislation....

I think the best hope for England in particular is the English Democratic Party... I believe they are our best hope... They wont get in though... Because the people of this country are soo manipulated by the media that they really think that voting conservative, Lib dem or labour will give change
........ Its BS...... All you get is a continuing agenda...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

The problem is dude, a lot of young people in this country are very disrespectful to people around them.
A kind of 'gangsta' attitude is spreading with crimes against the English language and crimes against their fellow human beings.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I'm gonna vote Lib-Dem I think. It could be a big mistake but isn't any vote?

My GF is voting for them too so they have the majority vote in this household>

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by Frankidealist35

The problem is dude, a lot of young people in this country are very disrespectful to people around them.
A kind of 'gangsta' attitude is spreading with crimes against the English language and crimes against their fellow human beings.

You know what they said in 16th, 17th, and 18th century London?

About all those little thieves and scoundrels on the streets?

It was much worse back then, I assure you. Things may look bad right now, but it is only because people are stressed.

Back in those bygone eras, people were more than stressed, they were on the verge of starvation half the time.

We have it easy these days...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Dude I think you should take it more seriously than the woman you shag to who you vote for....

This aint no game son.... This is about who do you think will serve the country, this nation, its people... It is NOT about you or who you bed but about the COUNTRY..... Speaking a good game is not enough... Our American cousins are finding that out roight now with Obama who also came in with the mantra of change but is now the most hated president in American history...

Make your own mind up son... Be a man... Lead... Coz im sure your gf would respect and love you more if you manned up.....

Do some research... This aint X-factor... The choice you make coz of a woman who she may just fancy clegg more than the others is going to affect me and my kids.... Think for your self or be a pussy whipped shemale...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1

I think if we have devolution to enable smaller ruling partys to have more power, they'll be at a greater risk of political corruption (not that there isnt any with the bunch we got right now) as with devolved parliment, maybe a page out of Scotland would do. They have greater powers to create their own laws and also, Wales is trying to follow suit too.
Even Northen Ireland has more power now.
An abolishment of the three big political partys will only result in the emergence of a new bunch of toff's.

But then again, if a smaller party some how magically ended up in Number 10 it would be amusing to see the result of that.
Think, if the Green Party got in, minimum wage in the UK would be raised to above £8 an hour... Thats an incentive to vote for them while the current minimum wage is £5.80 p/h.

Yet... We'll never be happy.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Esrom Escutcheon Esquire

Dude... The three party system just acts as a huge target for big corps to latch onto... The big media comapnies also are at their mercy in terms of who they back.. Because they do not report the news... They report THEIR opinion.... So if we had a house of independants, how would they buy law and stuff??? They could not!!!
They would try to find a way in to buy votes, but we would be sooo on top of that as voters... Because we would start taking personal resonsabilty for our country and would see them comming a mile off..

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Very true. Somebody remind me why we have political parties at all in the first place?

Right now I think the best we can do is vote an MP that at least has an independent mind and a willingness to go against party policy at times. Remember that despite the leader's debate it's not a presidential campaign.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

My arguement is that by having smaller partys they'll be more susceptible to ''Scratch my back, and we'll scratch yours" favours.

The reason we have these bigger partys is because they represent the majority. People belive that voting for them shall insight change in a countrys political stature.

If the major partys didnt exist and we had to choose from smaller UK partys, there'd just be a reincarnated blast from the past, just acting under a new banner.
You can look at every manifesto published and point out the same guarantee's.
Then you can look at the smaller partys manifestos who prey on peoples emotions and target close at heart agendas to incite a vote for them.

Yes, they may have a policy that you may agree with, but then again, are you really looking at the bigger picture when you cast your vote?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yissachar1
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

Dude I think you should take it more seriously than the woman you shag to who you vote for....

This aint no game son.... This is about who do you think will serve the country, this nation, its people... It is NOT about you or who you bed but about the COUNTRY..... Speaking a good game is not enough... Our American cousins are finding that out roight now with Obama who also came in with the mantra of change but is now the most hated president in American history...

Make your own mind up son... Be a man... Lead... Coz im sure your gf would respect and love you more if you manned up.....

Do some research... This aint X-factor... The choice you make coz of a woman who she may just fancy clegg more than the others is going to affect me and my kids.... Think for your self or be a pussy whipped shemale...

Look dude, I have a choice between three parties that have any chance of actually winning. I have always voted Labour and they have led us into illegal wars. Don't get me wrong, I realise the only reason we went to those wars was because the Tories voted in favour of invasion and although the majority of Labour MP'S voted against it the few that did combined with the Tory votes ensured that we went in.

What we have here is a catch 22, no matter who we vote for, parliament will always make unsavoury decisions because all seat holders have a say and nine times out of ten the opposition will support unpopular policies thus tipping the balance in their favour when the next election rolls around.

So don't tell me I am making a decision based upon what my girlfriend thinks is for the best.

We have had Tory, Labour, Tory, Labour for the last god knows how many years and although I know that nothing will really change under a Lib-Dem government it would certainly be nice to knock the Tories and Labour off their dominant perches.

Labour don't protect the working class anymore, the Tories never did.

Who are you gonna vote for and why?

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Wide-Eyes]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
Labour don't protect the working class anymore, the Tories never did.

Who are you gonna vote for and why?

I agree with that working class people is treated the same by both, the two parties only difference in how they treat the very rich.

I will not be voting, as its just a waste of time.

[edit on 4/25/2010 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I see you are gonna vote for English Democrat Party. Ok sorry, I hadn't read that post. I was too mad about the condescending post you had written about me being pussywhipped and all that other BS.

I will research that party as I had never heard of them, trouble is as you said. No independent party will evcer stand a chance untill it is too late.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join