It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Papers Please! (Papiere bitte!)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Related Gestapo Tactic:

Stop-and-Frisk: NYPD stands its ground while facing sharp criticism
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by lobotomizemecapin
started on 5/13/2012 @ 02:38 PM

Originally posted by lobotomizemecapin

Baltimore native Chris Bilal was walking through his adopted Brooklyn neighborhood when he was stopped by a police officer. The NYPD officer peppered the 24-year-old with questions about where he lived, requested Bilal’s ID and rummaged through his bag. “I was coming home from the Laundromat and I was stopped by the police officer. Asking me, ‘Let me see your ID. ‘Where are you from?’ ‘Do you live around here?’ ” The officer then proceeded to rummage through Bilal’s bag of freshly cleaned and folded laundry to see if he was carrying anything illegal. The search produced nothing, and the officer sent Bilal on his way. “They were searching for drugs. The funny thing was that it was a mesh laundry bag. I’m not sure what I could hide,” Bilal said. Bilal, who is African-American, came to New York to follow his dreams of being an artist, but has felt more suspicion than inspiration since arriving a little over a year ago. He is repeatedly stopped on the street, being asked what he’s doing, where he’s going and even, on occasion, being frisked. “I feel guilty all the time,” said Bilal, an artist and writer. “I feel like I’m being watched and targeted all the time.” Bilal has been affected by the NYPD’s policy of Stop, Question and Frisk, in which officers randomly stop a person to determine if they are up to any wrongdoing or possess weapons and contraband items. His experience is all too common, especially among minorities in low-income neighborhoods. In 2011, the New York City Police Department stopped 685,724 people of whom an overwhelming 88 percent were deemed innocent. Backers of the policy say it is an effective tool for deterring crime, which has dropped nearly 80 percent since the Giuliani administration enacted Stop, Question and Frisk in the mid-'90s. But critics say the price of living in what they consider a police state is too high. “[NYPD] Commissioner Kelly says he believes that the large number of Stop and Frisk prevents crime, but the data really doesn’t support that,” said Dr. Delores Jones-Brown, professor and director of the Center on Race, Crime and Justice at John Jay College in New York. “The overwhelming problem with Stop and Frisk is that many of the people stopped are innocent.”

www.foxnews.com...

I cant believe this is even allowed to begin with. This is clearly unconstitutional and needs to be stopped! To sit here and flaunt the fact that officers are allowed to do this on the news and only state that its drawing criticism is sick. The headline should be "no rights for anyone your constitution means nothing to us anymore". Giving officers the power to molest and harass anybody and everybody is just another sign of the times. I know this has been going on for a long time but it seems like tptb are just shoving it in our faces and saying what you going to do about it.

edit on 5/13/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typos

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Item

Police Officer All I Want Your I.D. Your Papers Get Out of My County
by HauntWok
started on 8/18/2013 @ 07:26 PM

The OP:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Update

Stop And Frisk Violated Rights Of New Yorkers, Judge Rules
by theconspirator
started on 8/12/2013 @ 11:06 AM

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Ths measure helps secure our borders and gets some of the violent criminals the HE!! out of our country.
Three cheers for AZ
Hip Hip Hooray
Hip Hip Hooray
Hip Hip Hooray

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Violater1]

What?? It locks up politicians? LOOOL!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join