It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John S. McCain, Will You Please Go Now?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
John S. McCain, Will You Please Go Now?

I need a Dramamine to cover Sen. John McCain’s reelection bid. With his desperate lurch to the right, he’s inducing more motion sickness than a Disneyland teacup. McCain’s campaign represents the same self-serving political cynicism that American voters have grown tired of stomaching from the current White House. We need choices, not carbon copies.

Actions speak louder than the pro-enforcement, strong-borders rhetoric McCain adopted for his failed 2008 presidential run — and which he has now resurrected to save his seat in his border-violence-plagued state of Arizona.

More words you can’t believe in: In a fundraising e-mail sent out this week, McCain pledged that he’s “determined to return to the Senate to continue fighting against the massive expansion of government under President Obama.” Yet, to this day, McCain refuses to admit his own individual responsibility for supporting the presocialization of the economy started under George W. Bush and continued under Obama. McCain has never admitted he was wrong about his support of the $700 billion all-purpose, earmark-stuffed TARP bailout; the $25 billion auto bailout; the first $85 billion AIG bailout; and his proposed $300 billion mortgage-entitlement bailout (which dwarfed Obama’s plan).

His latest, McLame-est excuse for supporting TARP? He was “misled.” But all the warning signs and red flags about Bush Treasury secretary Henry Paulson’s incompetence and untrustworthiness were there before McCain joined the Chicken Little crowd. McCain is trying to have it all ways — refusing to admit he was wrong, blaming Paulson for duping him, and creating the illusion that he’ll be competent enough to resist the next inevitable bailout temptation when the feds hit the panic button.

Asked by a conservative constituent at a recent town-hall meeting why the four-term senator deserved to be elected, McCain stammered before giving his best argument: He had more “standing” than anyone else. Entrenched incumbency is not an argument for more entrenched incumbency. Stop this ride. It’s time for McCain to get off.

I'm in agreement with this commentator's article... with one exception.

We need to keep the merri-go-round running, and we need to push McCain off at full speed! This sub-man is an absolute worm, and needs to be treated - not just viewed - as such!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
He was given the rep nomination for a fix for obama.

How people do not see the rep lost on purpose by picking this guy.

Why do you listen to him?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Republicans are just getting more and more ridiculous and incompetent every single day. Not to mention they are an absolute DANGER to the peace and prosperity of mankind. Its unbelievable how anyone can support them. Perhaps its the agenda of republicans which directly enables a "chosen few" of the population to prosper while bringing hardship and death for the majority of the population of the world appeals to them.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Captain_Sense
Republicans are just getting more and more ridiculous and incompetent every single day. Not to mention they are an absolute DANGER to the peace and prosperity of mankind. Its unbelievable how anyone can support them. Perhaps its the agenda of republicans which directly enables a "chosen few" of the population to prosper while bringing hardship and death for the majority of the population of the world appeals to them.

The Republicans say this exact same thing about Democrats too. They think Democrats worship death and want to kill/harm others.

And oddly enough, I think that way about BOTH PARTIES.

I view Democrats AND Republicans as both hazards to life and limb. I see them both as foaming at the mouth rabid wolves ready to pounce and maul each other to pieces.

I sure am glad I am not either of them. That way I can at least have the freedom to choose my own mistakes and dumb ideas.

Rather than just letting the Party feed me mistakes and dumb ideas.

It seems better this way.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
John McCain should be honored for his service to this county, and to the state of Arizona. He is not a bad person, but his views are not current with the issues of today.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
John McCain should be honored for his service to this county, and to the state of Arizona. He is not a bad person, but his views are not current with the issues of today.

I'll give McCain as much credit for the services he's rendered to America about as much credit as I'd give a 15 year old flip flop sandal...

after all, they both resemble eachother. I guess that due to all the stepping they both have to do - to render services to the one stepping all over them. But there's always a legacy behind a name. To be compared to a flip flop tells all, sees all...

And for what? MONEY.... McCain will flip for your money, while he'll flop for their money. MONEY MONEY MONEY....

How many folks here believe that "health suppliments' such as Vitamins, minerals, and herbal remedies are dangerous for human consumption? ok... lets ask another question...

how many here believe pharmapseudicals are dangerous for human consumption?

Between the two, would you rather a pharmapsuedical company like Bayer or glasko sell you "all natural" herbal, vitamin, and mineral suppliments - or those existing companies, outside of the influence and jurisdiction of Codex Alimentarius, to continue manufacturing them?

McCain previously initiated legislation, and was pounding the soap box for it's approval, That would have denied folks access to Health suppliments.

Why did he withdraw his support for the proposal? Because he was encroaching on the economic foundations of fellow Republican Orin Hatch's home State Utah, who wrote a letter asking him to cease and desist his support for the legislation because health food suppliments are amongst the State of Utah's biggest industries...

(Note: Not because these really aren't bad, but instead are good for you mind you - McCain would have continued if Hatch were a Democrat - right?)

FLIP

Among his reasons for supporting the legislation, McCain said — without offering further explanation — that U.S. citizens are being endangered by illegal aliens who deliberately crash their automobiles. He told Fox News host Bill O'Reilly that he is "very sorry" if police resort to racial profiling to nab undocumented workers. But "it's the people whose homes and property are being violated," McCain said. "It's the drivers of cars with illegals in it that are intentionally causing accidents on the freeway. Look, our border is not secured. Our citizens are not safe." McCain has, in the past, supported measures that would open a path to citizenship for people currently living in the U.S. illegally.

FLOP

McCain's Legacy: For the Record

Food Dictatorship Thanks to Codex, Harkin and McCain…

Fake “Safety” Bills – Clear and Present Threat to Health Freedom

McCain’s Dietary Supplement Bill: An Attempt to Implement Codex Alimentarius

[edit on 23-4-2010 by DarkspARCS]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

very well said Rose
I agree

Even a war hero needs to retire
sooner or later. Take the gold watch
and pension

and go fishing

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

lol - i love when republicans say this.

They only said it AFTER McCain lost.

But before hand - McCain was the MAVERICK he had so much experience and prestige.

Oh the ego's and how they swell.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

My favorite campaign ad from '08:

Best,
Skunknuts

[edit on 4/24/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

Originally posted by andy1033

lol - i love when republicans say this.

They only said it AFTER McCain lost.

But before hand - McCain was the MAVERICK he had so much experience and prestige.

Oh the ego's and how they swell.

I was 100% against McCain, it was only his choice of Sarah Palin for Vice-President that got him my vote.

Most people think it is because of Democrat incompetency that led to the formation of the TEA Party. But, it also was formed because of Republicans like John McCain, who did nothing to stop it, and are willing to "cross the aisle" to aid in it.

John McCain is a fake, and JD Hayworth needs to retire him from politics.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
I was 100% against McCain, it was only his choice of Sarah Palin for Vice-President that got him my vote.

You voted for him cuz of her!

Thanks!

Walks away laughing but wondering what people see in the bimbo.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Someone finally picked a topic both the left and right can agree on John McCain bashing.

Seriously though McCain is the origional tool. He the prototype for a Senator. War vet, tropy wives, two talkin loobyists money taking no principal to great scoundrel. That's what most of these politicians have become on both sides. They just follow the blueprint an aren't responsible.

IF these guys had something in their pants besides raisins, something in their head besides air, and something in their heart besides greed we might get somewhere.

But all these hairy clams wanna be players instead of co-creators as God intended.

new topics

top topics

join