It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GM Could Be in Hot Water With FTC Over Truth in Advertising

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This is very interesting, I know there is a thread ongoing about GM using bailout money for bailout repayment, but this news goes even further. Enjoy !!!

GM Could Be in Hot Water With FTC Over Truth in Advertising

General Motors is running ads on all the major networks this week claiming it has repaid its bailout from the taxpayers "in full." But the claim isn't standing up to scrutiny from lawmakers and government watchdogs who have found that the automaker was able to repay the bailout money only by dipping into a separate pot of bailout funds.

The TV spot may land GM in hot water with the Federal Trade Commission over its truth-in-advertising laws, which prohibit ads that are "likely to mislead consumers."

"We have repaid our government loans in full — with interest — five years ahead of the original schedule," says Ed Whitacre, chairman and CEO of General Motors Company, asking Americans to give the bankrupt company another look.
The FTC said it could not provide any comment on the ad or whether it had received any complaints or inquiries about GM's claims from the public or from government officials.

The FTC has a division of advertising practices that investigates possible false claims, but specific investigations are not made public. If the FTC determines that truth-in-advertising laws have been violated, the agency files
complaints against the organizations in violation.

Ah, this is a Kodak moment. I see similar events coming up on the horizon with new Bank Bailout Bill, oops I mean Bank Takeover bill, oops I mean Bank Reform bill.

Silly Unions and Czars, you can't hide behind political clout anymore. Lots of awake Americans watching now.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Found it,

Might as well put it on here before it gets pulled from the airwaves before anyone misses a chance to watch it.

new topics

join