It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Diplomat: Syria Providing Broader Range Of Missiles To Hezbollah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   

US Diplomat: Syria Providing Broader Range Of Missiles To Hezbollah

www.ynetnews.com

A US diplomat said Friday that Syria was providing a wider range of missiles to Hezbollah, stressing that the possible supply of Scuds would be "studied closely."

"We are concerned by the expansion of cooperation between Syria and Hezbollah," said the source, who was speaking on condition of anonymity.

The Damascus regime "provides a broader range of missiles" to Lebanese Shiite militia, he said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
"War of Words" in Middle East wont take a moment of brake. Every day come new source, opinion, claim, or threat - and Syria and Lebanon is again on firing line with Iran.

Israeli Media is waging war in headlines and there is nothing to stop them for a peaceful day. Idea of war against Lebanon and Syria is soon so used to Israeli peoples, like "Iranian Threat" that in moment of war - nobody will ask anything, because all they see is this brainwashed picture of foreign threats all around them...

Intrestingly this news came out just when US envoy has come to town, and its suddenly "unnamed" US source... Make your own opinions from this.

What we can say, and could have said almost a month now - "Get ready for imminent war, any moment now."

www.ynetnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Debka updates situation and spreading usual fearmongering rumors further:

Syria sends Hizballah Scuds in disassembled batches

Syria has smuggled three consignments of disassembled Scud A ground missile components across the border to the Lebanese Hizballah, debkafile disclose from Middle East intelligence and military sources Friday, April 23. They do not add up to a complete set of parts for an operational Scud missile.

However, another five shipments, awaiting handover at Syrian border bases will provide the missing elements for complete weapons.
Israel's defense minister Ehud Barak disclosed Friday night that Syria had transferred "Scud missile parts" to Lebanon, refusing to elaborate. But he accused Syria of providing Hizballah with game-changing weapons which jeopardized regional stability.

According to Western intelligence sources, Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad put in an urgent phone call to Syrian president Bashar Assad Thursday, April 22, to urge Assad to make as many Scud transfers to Lebanon as possible and enable Hizballah to deploy them opposite Israel without delay.

He implied that speed was necessary because Iran is preparing to strike out against US Middle East interests and he wants Iran's Lebanese proxy to be ready for all possible eventualities. The Iranian president dismissed Israel as a declining force with its political and military strength in a state of paralysis.

www.debka.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
At last we hear official statement from Egypt, and its aint giving any favor to Israel...

Egypt dismisses Israel's Hezbollah Scud warning

"These allegations are lies and are laughable," Abul Gheit told reporters in Beirut as he began an official visit.

"Egypt stands by Lebanon under all conditions and in the face of all threats," he added.

www.thenews.com.pk...

EGYPT STANDS BY LEBANON!

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   

US Diplomat

What's the odds on this US Diplomat being a dual Israeli citizen.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
"Anonymous US diplomat", eh ?

I guess we can safely discard that piece of information then...

It proves absolutely nothing and just gives Israel a greater sense of righteousness when it comes to attacking Syria or anyone else in the region

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

Right - reason why I posted this news was clear media agenda, witch is running day and nights in Israeli media and witch forces neighbor coutries to reply to these claims. Like we saw - Egypt gave their stance and its also against Israeli moves towars Lebanon/Syria.

Looks like Israel is very alone these days with their warmongering - I hope they understands this, and change fast their policies towards neighbors and palestinians around them.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Given the ramp up in rehetoric and threats/denials across the globe recenlty.. I really am begining to feel unsure where the spark will begin to set this whole mess alight.. but it does feel that at some point soon someone will light the match.. *shakes head" what a sad world we live in.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

Definitely...

The media juggernaut is still churning out its propaganda and trying to instill in the minds of the populace Israel's "right" to attack its neighbours, and trying to give articles like the one you posted about the "anonymous US diplomat" a sense of authority by tying it to a US government source...

Fortunately, a few of us can see thru the bull#, but the problem remains a lot of the population actually buy this stuff...

That is really scary IMO...That the population will be stooged into believing the upcoming conflict(s) is/are good and right...And the populations will probably believe it...

Thing is, this next round of conflicts has the potential to end up right on our doorsteps eventually, unlike other recent conflicts...

Maybe when that happens the population will realise they've been #ed over by those driving this agenda and will take out their rage on TPTB....

One can only hope, I guess...

Edit - understanding

[edit on 24/4/2010 by Retrovertigo]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I think too much is being made of these missiles.

Sure they could potentially have chemical or biological warheads attached. But it takes hours to set up to fire one. And what are they to Israeli and American interception capability?

These missiles are many generations behind current technology and probably no match for Iron Dome.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Yep - while large parts of populations tries to stuck their heads to the sand, realism is driving us all to next great wars. Reason for that is simple - US imperium will not last for long, like others before, its doomed to fail. Like in "third reich" it could be calculated by Speer in 1940 how long they can stand with their future policies, and I think USA is no different - when country puts 53% from its income to weaponry, we will not get any peace, but more escalating wars - and without these new wars, it will fall even faster.

A Robber needs always new crimes to survive, it needs new treasures to pay its past arsenals and to pay its future actions. After "New American Century" we have get this result what "they" have wanted - and wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, Yemen, Georgia and continuing drug wars all around the globe - we see that there is no end in sight.

Iran/syria/lebanon is next, and there is nothing to stop that from happening, without revolutions in USA and maybe in EU too. Another chance is that China/Russia will grow over Zionists power in Great Game, and they can drive all disasterous banksters plans to corner, witch they can not survive. (Like what I see is very possibly happening now in Korea) But US will fail anyway, because that nation is sold to banksters from its basics.

Bankers dont ever give loans for bread, because bread will not pay next ones - but they will loan to swords, because with those you can steal bread from anothers, and those loans is what USA really needs to keep up with their decifits and interests. Its never ending story.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   

i say good for hezbullah
atleast this time we can see some what of (well not that much) of a fair fight if Israel attack,

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Retrovertigo

Why I have followed years daily Israeli media is because its most educated media machine to deal with brainwash skills and like we kknow that western media is run by same forces, I have seen its most pure and clean in Israel.

I see that there is no country (except maybe North Korea) where population is more afraid to their neigbors and concerned from their future. Giving pictures of daily threat, evils behind the closets - Israeli government keeps their population united and by controlling fears they will get al the needed support for any horrific actions they make for provocate those "other" sides.

I feel sorry for regular Israelis because of the fear they have to live in. If we look the emerging New World Order, I think we all will get such a fearmongering propaganda running to our livingrooms if that goal is achieved in future.

Israel is a test site for many population control systems - like we have seen happening with making and ruling Gaza and West Bank ghettos. I assume thet these testings are closely monitored by elite, and how to sell these actions to wider population is Israeli medias duty.

In the end, I think peoples of Israel will be sacrificed once again, like in WW2 to achive the real goals - World Government. I see thet unseen forces are driving that nation to war they can not win, but they will cause a world wide conflict and outcome from that will be offered a united world - New World Order. Preparing for next sacrifice, thats Israeli news agenda.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by JanusFIN]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

In all honesty, you are right about that banks..

Personally for myself, the proof came when working in a building in London called KAYs.. the name stands for Kings Arms Yard and lies across the road from the Bank of England (who I was contracting to at the time)

KAYs was not used by the King to house soldiers to protect the bank, but rather used by the King to try to strong arm the bank into lending money after they had turned him down if the war appeared unprofitable or did not match their own plans/agenda.

So in reality the banks are the enabler that allows most wars to happen..

Pretty sad that we humans have not woken up to this fact, or the extent of war for profit, or if they have, to ignore it is equally sad.

[edit on 24/4/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I am just ready to get the show started are they worried they won't have anyone backing them. The whole middle east wants there asses hanged is it not time they gave them business. They have been going back and forth with little skirmishes.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I am just ready to get the show started are they worried they won't have anyone backing them. The whole middle east wants there asses hanged is it not time they gave them business. They have been going back and forth with little skirmishes.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

You're dead right about the role of banks in armed conflict, Thoughtsfull...

As you say, how the majority of humanity has not woken up to this reality and that of "war for profit" is both beyond me and at the same time hardly surprising...

Human beings value a "security blanket" nowadays more than any other time in human history...They have a need to be constantly reminded there is someone looking after their safety...

And this is achieved by the TPTB creating bogeymen, enacting laws to protect against said bogeymen ("anti-terrorism" legislation) and creating conflicts that serve to reassure people "look, we're fighting the bad guys...Just do as we say and we'll keep you safe from them..."

When nothing could be further from the truth...The thing is, there really are no bogeymen, they're simply dreamed up by those who wish to control others...

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Edit:

Deleted by my own will.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
"Scud Crisis" has gone like this all week...

"You have scuds!" (Israel)
- Maybe, but thats not your business! (Lebanon)
"So, you have give Scuds to them?" (Israel)
- No we havent! (Syria)
"Somebody told they have Scuds!" (USA)
- Israel lies! (Syria)
"So . then you have Scuds?" (Israel)
- No we dont! (Lebanon) ...

Egyptian FM: The scud missile story is a big lie

www.yalibnan.com...

'No Scud missiles in Lebanon'

www.jpost.com...

top topics

join