It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My mother told me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
My mother has never been interested at all in conspiracies and she always believes what's told on television.
Well, she never believed for a second 2012 story.

Today she wanted to talk with me. Now she says that she feels there are too many earthquakes and it seems like actually 2012 stuff is near!!! WTF!
I've never told her earthquakes are much more common now than in the past.

She thought this by herself completely.

My mother also told me that she feels 2012 movie may become true.

That was strange, I'm skeptical myself about too many quakes now ( and I am big into conspiracies and such stuff ).

Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
The earth goes in cycles.
Doesn't have to be doomsday related.
The earth now is vastly different from thousands of years ago.
It shifts, it heaves, it moves..and it cares not who has built upon it, nor what people live or die due to it's changes.
We think we are immune to mother nature...yet none of our progress or technology has brought us any closer to long term survival on this planet than the cavemen.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I think that God is more active in the world, and He is talking to people through their hearts. Many people are "waking up" with sudden realizations of what is going on in the world. Most people can "sense" that the end is near. I can.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ReVoLuTiOn76

I hope you're kidding

I guess it's because of all the 2012 talk, all the 2012 movies and news of earthquakes and fear mongering everywhere, survival forums popping up and talk about how to survival this and that and so people just go nuts and suddenly think there's a god, there's "mother nature" and 2012 will become true and Doomsday and all the crap.

I think it's comparable to the 70's when Disaster movies and horror movies were all the rage and people were suddenfly afraid of flying or to go into the sea because there could a shark waiting for them or just think about the 60s and 80s and all the cold war crisis and thinking that the russians will drop a nuke.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

I keep hearing people claiming "God" is talking to them, and to their hearts and also telling them to kill their babies, etc, etc. Since I assume "God" is communicating with you in some way, why not just ask him/her/it for some info on this topic, and report back to us with the current "God" news status! I'd be very interested in hearing from those the "God" news resulting from this "special" ability of communications. Do come forward and reveal this AMAZING news!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
I think that God is more active in the world, and He is talking to people through their hearts. Many people are "waking up" with sudden realizations of what is going on in the world. Most people can "sense" that the end is near. I can.

Most people??I don't think so. Most people are studip and don't sense anything. I didn't meer anyone who seemed to be something like "awake".
So be honest and say that you're one of us...you don't feel nothing. There is no god by the way...

But on the other hand my mother said something funny few weeks ago too. I was talking to her about random stuff and she suddenly talked about evolution and then she said "I've never believed in that evolution thing"
.my mum rocks

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain_Sense

Well the people who say God told them to kill their babies are completely nuts, and should be executed. The topic is the end of the world, and if you read the bible, you would know that The End is Near. If you took 10 minutes to pray, mean it, and read the bible, your mind would be changed, I promise.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   

About the "nuts" part in your reply, I happen to think that about any adult who claims to be communicating with an invisible imaginary friend. Perhaps you received a news status yet from above? I anxiously await any news report.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I've read the bible. Not the whole thing but in parts. People forced me to go to church when I was a kid. Teachers tried to disturb my young mind with stupid stuff like catholic religion.
I honestly hate the catholic church. It's based on very,very rich people who talk smart and let the rest of the world die.
When I ask them serious questions they say "you gotta pray son.read the bible".
they make me sick.they are self pleased and should all go to jail. they lie. they abuse. they take away peoples condoms in africa. when african people say "I'm, hungry" the church says "pray and read the bible". they make me so sick. I'm outta here.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
reply to post by Captain_Sense

Well the people who say God told them to kill their babies are completely nuts, and should be executed. The topic is the end of the world, and if you read the bible, you would know that The End is Near. If you took 10 minutes to pray, mean it, and read the bible, your mind would be changed, I promise.

does your god say executing people is right??????your moral philosophy is ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rohdan

So true indeed. The BEST way to truly wake up from the delusions of religion is to have been VERY active in it and reading the Bible OVER AND OVER to make sense of it. FINALLY, it WILL make sense when you realize that it is ALL FICTION from past ancient beliefs and stories that were all fiction.

AND FOR revolution76:

Who the HECK prays and doesn't truly mean it? Thats like someone being beaten up by thugs and the victom begging and pleaing for their life in a non-meaningful way. Why would someone waste the effort to pray without meaning it?! AAGGRR the nonsense!!

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Captain_Sense]

new topics

top topics

join