It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Objects to Patriot Missiles in Poland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

www.globalsecuritynewswire.org

Russia yesterday said it did not understand the need for the anticipated deployment next month of U.S. Patriot missiles in Poland, the Xinhua News Agency reported (see GSN, April 22).
"We are concerned about the United States' absolutely unfounded antimissile activities in Poland," Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Andrei Nesterenko told reporters.
"It is not clear to us why Patriot antiaircraft and antimissile systems are being deployed near the Russian border," Nesterenko said, according to Interfax. "Nor have we an answer to the question about what threats will be tackled in the dr
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
english.ruvr.ru
en.rian.ru

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
These patriot missile batteries are to be within 35 miles of the Kaliningrad territory in Russia. 100 US troops are being deployed with them.

Is there more to this story or has this been in the works for a long time. I know about the missile shield issues that the US - Russia have been having but the article mentions that this latest has nothing to do with that?

Might be just too close to the Poland tragedy and I could be overreacting, can anyone ease my mind on the developments here?

www.globalsecuritynewswire.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
no idea, obama implementing more bush -era policies. obama = BUsh III. this makes absolutely no sense to me given the current threats. russia isnt one of them unless of course they just havent told us that. that said, i think the arctic is a future conflict zone and perhaps this has something to do with that 10 years down the road i dont know. other than those thoughts, this boggles the mind.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Obamas is too busy talking to gay rights groups and running his mouth about what good his policies are going to do for the country.

It's obvious that he's put international relations on the back burner so he can implement his policies for the eventual takeover of America by foreign powers.

The missiles in Poland will be removed by the end of this year. It's almost a sure bet.

[edit on 23/4/10 by Intelearthling]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Russa,

You really think we want to attack you? You should know by now that we would much rather have you fighting on our side especially if China is involved.

Sincerely,

USA

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
You guys are reading too much into this. It's been announced a while ago and is a simple appeasement of the Poles following the cancellation of the much larger Czech-Polish based anti-missile system. It has no utility and is a waste of our money.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
But it's perfectly OK for Russia to arm Venezuela. Sure thing! We'll get right on taking missiles out of Poland. sheesh

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I Believe there is a secret military plan of operation to attack russia. this what america has been doing is an action against russia.

Which includes the European union also part of the plan.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The weapons are there for first strike against russia, and russia knows it.

The russians want to be friends with there neighbours, but look what the anglo american empire wants.

[edit on 4/23/2010 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
People should remind this :

Russia threatens nuclear attack on Poland over US missile shield deal

And according to the star wars program director THE MISSILE SHIELD IS VIEWED AS A PART OF A FIRST STRIKE PLAN AGAINST RUSSIA.

Russia knows this. Anyone saying otherwise is just ignorant.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Reply to post by andy1033

Yes.

First strike with a DEFENSIVE missile.

That does not make any sense.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Reply to post by andy1033

Yes.

First strike with a DEFENSIVE missile.

That does not make any sense.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

So russia knows less than us do they. Of course they know its targeted at russia.

Why not put it in france, over the horizon radar surely with sats too, what difference is the extra 500 miles, when its supposed to be against n koraea and iran.

The thing is obviously targeted at russia.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Hmmm yes it makes sense.

Attack Russia with nukes and conventional armies from Europe, march on them, then when they try to nuke you, using tactical or ballistic nukes, you shoot them out of the sky and their nuclear deterrent is useless.

So by having a missile shield, you can initiate a first strike without being launched at.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

So, is this why Polands presidential plan crashed?

To try to get somebody else in power in Poland who wouldn't let these missles into their country?

[edit on 4/23/2010 by Keyhole]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

na, just an accident, things do happen like this sometimes.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This article looks like it may be related to the recent president assassination done by The U.S. Corporation or whomever.

Maybe the U.S. Corp. is just trying to be prepared in-case some other reaction occurs from Russia or something.

I think Russia is planning something and the U.S. is trying to predict the move.

We will see what happens, I see tension rising throughout the world, be ready.

Edited to change who did the assassination.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
reply to post by Keyhole

na, just an accident, things do happen like this sometimes.

Newbies Search the forum it was no accident.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is very clear. It is not that Russia is scared of an American attack with a DEFENSE system. It is their fear that they will not be able to attack efficiently any country around them in a very short time.

About a month ago Mihail Gorbaciov goes in Romania, neighboring country in a PRIVATE visit, however he had a message :" Romania does not want a defense system! It's bad for you!" And why is that exactly?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
The weapons are there for first strike against russia, and russia knows it.

The russians want to be friends with there neighbours, but look what the anglo american empire wants.

[edit on 4/23/2010 by andy1033]

Are you high?

First off, the Patriot is an anti-ballistic missile. It's not something you can target a building or a convoy with.

Second, Russia has already said they can defeat any US anti ballistic missile system, so there's nothing to argue about is there?

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Darkrunner]

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Darkrunner]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Russians do not fear few dozens Patriot missiles. It is not going to be enough in case of WW3 anyway (God forbid). Russia simply considers it part of its sphere of interest, and now inside this area there will be US bases with US personal and with US equipment and US listening posts.
It will be much easier for American intelligence services to operate in Ukraine/Belarus and Russian federation itself.
I do not think there is more to it. I mean, if Russians (or Americans or other side you consider eeevil) would like to start WW3 - war that will terminate our civilization anyway - Russians can do it by simply exploding their arsenal inside their own bases - result would be the same end of civilization world wide due to environmental/geological catastrophe that would follow, as i understand it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join