It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gardner to die by firing squad on June 18

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I agree, death is not a punishment, it's a gift. If anyone here has had an OBE or NDE you know what I'm talking about.

It would be far, far worse to leave him in solitary confinement for the rest his life, ..... now that, is torture. If anyones been to Jail or Prison you know what I mean.

Why reward him by sending him home ??? he should be forced to live as long as possible with what he has done. and perhaps even done day, find a sense of redemption.

Nobody ever dies, and there are no victims. How do you kill someone in a dream ?? Yet I don't think this topic is even close to being ready for discussion.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWatcher11
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Two wrongs dont make a right, not to condone what this Man did, your suggestions on dealing with him offer little hope for our species. People are not born Monsters, they are made by the society around them. He is still somebody's child.

The point of execution is to make sure the individual cannot kill an innocent ever again. Let's worry more about the victims family and less about this guys mom, who was probably an enabler.

[edit on 4/23/2010 by nephilimDNA]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I am against death penalty in general for many reasons but mostly for one special reason.

It actually happens that innocent people are executed and one year later they catch the real murderer or that other important evidences shows up which clear the executed man from all guilt.

And this is my biggest problem about death penalty as punishment!

So in my opinion they should have technical evidences to prove 110% that the person is without a doubt guilty of the crime he's accused of and that there should not be one chance in hell of the person's innocence.

If they can provide all that - maybe I can go along with it under special circumstances if the crime is super über-vile - and if there's is no possible way you can cure the person if they are mentally ill, and/or giving them a life sentence in prison/mental institution instead.

But hey! that's just me!

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
"An eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth"...

This man has killed, and so he should be killed. There should be a zero-tolerance policy in effect for all murders committed in the United States of America. Anyone who commits a murder will be sentenced to death. I am willing to bet that murder rates will go way, way down.

LOL That's been going sooo well for you all...

I think honestly, that offering a guy to be killed by guns is just plain SICK!!
and actually doing this in 2010 is just of the walls...like I mean, REALLY!?!? In 2010 You're just going to have somebody shoot this guy huh? God I swear , sometimes when I read the internet I tend to LOSE faith in humanity

Thanks alot...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican If they left it up to me on how to kill this guy, I'd start by putting him on a draw and quarter machine. And crank it up just to the point of maximum pain, and leave it there for a few weeks. Once I was done partying my ass off over the fact that this murderer was having to suffer seriously, then I'd take a red hot iron and stick it up a few places where the sun don't shine. But I suppose that eventually I'd show some compassion and let the draw and quarter machine complete its task. But I'd still laugh my ass off watching his legs and arms come flying off.
Are you kidding? He's lucky he has the choice between those two.

Yeah, that's what needs to happen to murderers.
No sympathy. None.

[edit on Fri Apr 23rd 2010 by TrueAmerican]

You do realise that all the /u thingy makes you just as much/if not more of a murderer than that gardner guy?
You actually tortured somebody AND ENJOYED IT!!
so would you be happy if well...this was you.

Ok then, let's try this to see how you like it...

"I'd start by putting you on a draw and quarter machine. And crank it up just to the point of maximum pain, and leave you there for a few weeks. Once I was done partying my ass off over the fact that you were having to suffer seriously, then I'd take a red hot iron and stick it up a few places where the sun don't shine. But I suppose that eventually I'd show some compassion and let the draw and quarter machine complete its task. But I'd still laugh my ass off watching your legs and arms come flying off. "

I mean, really ??

Aren't you just a silly teen who's played too many video games?

When the IT starts to become a YOU it suuuure does looks a whooole nother way...huh?

Please man...just give up the tough-guy act. We know, you're a killer, you like 50 cent etc and you're vicious at GTA.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I'd like to see public hangings return to America, frontier style. Thus if you are found guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt, march the perp. out to the town square within the hour and commence with a public hanging.

Public stockades, especially for those gang bangers would be a good thing too. Bring back some shame for wrong doing I say.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by aboxoftrix

Seriously after what this guy has been through he has the lives of a cats cat.

...bullet wound suffered during Gardner's 1985 escape attempt ....Police shot Gardner in the neck while trying to apprehend him after he escaped from prison in 1981. Hainsworth said Gardner was shot in the leg with a .22-caliber rifle as a child, was once wounded in a shootout with a brother-in-law, and once accidently shot himself in the thigh.
Choosing a firing squad leaves chance to malfunctions and other chances. You can only get shot once by a firing squad if you live Your Free Right??

Zelong.

[edit on 24/4/10 by Zelong]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by raybies

8x6 cell 23 hours a day, no outside contact, no TV, a limited selection of books, for the rest of your life. If you want to see what I mean lock yourself in the bathroom for a week 23 hours a day and tell me how "humane" that is.

So what do you suggest? The run of a field full of poppies? Run free like a wild stallion? Why not let him take long walks in fields of gold.
Get real my friend. Death will be a welcome release for him. He should suffer for the rest of his life.

Which do you think he fears more? A life sentence or death?

I'm betting on death.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkrunner
I have no problem with taking out the trash. These people have nothing to offer society.

You have some assbag like the dude in Florida who raped the 12 year old girl, and buried her still half alive?

I would personally pull the trigger on his head shot. No qualms about it.

If you think because someone had a rough childhood that that excuses it?

I don't think so.

I agree,

but the torturing like TrueAmerican spoke about is pointless, it morally degrades us to the point where you can do this on someone who is innocent because they lie to you about his guilt.

Such people are being already dissected in jail by some Bubba, why make your own hands dirty?

Some people should watch the movie The last hangman

and as for the topic, If he wants to go out with a bang it's his choice, but like the Major pointed out, firing squads shouldn't be used for this.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Zelong

That is like giving an electrician engineer the electric chair.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

It's his choice - And right out of the movie 'Executioners Song'.

Added note: In my opinion he shouldn't have a choice. His victim's didn't.

peace

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The opinions here are the reasons why the NWO is going to nuke us all and let god sort it out.
Thanx

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
This guy is a killer. Society must be protected from his kind. That he has a choice as to method of death is macabre. Society should simply squelch this mad dog by the most immediately available means. No appeal. Just do it.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Agree, Silo, and Gary Gilmore was executed in Utah also. His 15 minutes of fame.

Just for a point of reference, we can review The crime that got Ronnie Lee Gardner the death sentence.

There was little question of who the shooter was, and really, his victim count is two (includes Nick Kirk -- the baliff that Gardner shot); linked report indicates that Mr. Kirk spent his remaining years in pain from the wound.

Ronnie Lee Gardner was convicted, sentenced to death, and was allowed to choose his method of that sentence. I believe -- besides the intial shooting -- that the primary crime has been to keep Gardner alive all this time. I think convicted killers should get their appeals process, and then scoot them along and carry out the sentence.

ETA: Perhaps it's true, perhaps I'm a mere barbarian. Imagine it were your family that was senselessly killed by a criminal in court coming up on charges of ANOTHER shooting. No, I wouldn't choose to torture them, but I would quickly give a nod of the head toward execution, after conviction and subsequent appeals had been processed.

[edit on 24/4/10 by argentus]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

The state is granting his request. I don't see a problem. Maybe you have an issue with the death penalty.....which is fine as you are entitled to your opinion.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Thanks for the link - great stuff that.

Oh and before I forget, my iguana Karlo, (who I thought was a guy iguana), laid about 30 eggs. She tells me your avatar is quite the sexy thing, lol.

Ok, back to the subject.

'Scooting through' the process once appeals are over - you bet.
If there's positive DNA or the perpetrator admits to the crime? Just get it over with. Punishment was not supposed to be fun.

Sorry, but you want to live by societies rules, you must be prepared to die my them also.

(Though I will add I don't believe in the death penalty in all cases)...(But that's another story)...
peace

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Public stockades, especially for those gang bangers would be a good thing too. Bring back some shame for wrong doing I say.

Agreed.
As long as it's used for everyone, not just those who can't afford to buy their way out of the stocks.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Do two wrongs make one right? If it was my family that suffered killing this guy with my bare hands could happen in a fit of rage but would it bring my family back to life and health?

Why did he go wrong? How come the rich murders can buy expensive lawyers and get off or have a reduced sentence. Or just pay someone else to do so.

Perhaps we are not prepared to evolve. Yes I was a soldier in a raher dirty war so I know what it is to take a bead on an enemy's skull. But Is killing by legal means right? How many of the squad will suffer psychological problems or just not aim true??

Just thoughts. I don't want an arguement.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWatcher11
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Two wrongs dont make a right, not to condone what this Man did, your suggestions on dealing with him offer little hope for our species. People are not born Monsters, they are made by the society around them. He is still somebody's child.

Wrong... people are born monsters, genetic defects. You remember Charles Manson and his little group don't you? They got off lucky. It is no one's fault except the accused and convicted, most people know right from wrong. If you do something wrong like ending someone else's life you no longer have the right to breathe another day.

Some things are fact in life, some things are opinion. So by your opinions I have no right to protect myself if someone breaks into my home to steal my property and who knows what else. Because I tell you what when that person makes that grave mistake they will be met with deadly force. So by your opinion I can't do that? Well I won't be sorry to let you down... society needs less "weak" individuals that want to hide behind laws and opinions and try to protect these "criminals."

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The good ol' death penalty topic. A favorite of mine because I get to see all the "tough guys" come out of the woodwork and gloat about how "if I had it my way people would be tortured and EVERY criminal would be killed". Luckily, we don't have it your way, but it is damn close and that is a sad truth.

I'm probably one of the more conservative folks on this board, but I can say openly that I hate and oppose the death penalty in any form. The belief of an "eye for and eye" is barbaric language that people need to grow out of. There are much more efficient ways to deal with things than to be caught on emotion.

Yes, people deserved to be punished for their crimes, I am not denying that - but the only one who deserves to punish them is the Creator, regardless of what religion or lack of one you believe in. The only thing WE should be responsible for is ensuring that they do not commit the crime again and throughout history we have done that efficiently, most times without the use of crude tactics such as the death penalty.

If you have any faith in humanity you should be willing to believe that people can change and can be helped. That is why, in addition to being against the death penalty, I am also against life in prison without the possibility of parole. To give someone life imprisonment we should also give them a rope and the ability to kill themselves openly because one way or another, their existence serves no purpose. However, we should not be the ones to take ultimate judgment into our hands. It baffles me how the death penalty can be in favor of conservatives when most base their morals on religions which strictly outlaw such actions.

However, in contrary to my belief I do believe people should be able to defend themselves. For instance, if someone tries to burglarize my home I would probably shoot them on the spot. But would I aim for a kill shot? Hell no. Any person in their right mind wouldn't WANT to kill someone for so petty a reason that he invaded your property. I would do everything in my power to keep the person alive so that judgment equal to the severity of the crime could be dealt out. Anyone who would willingly do otherwise, to me, is a savage.

Society has come so enamored and dumbed down to the realities and finality of death that they don't really see if for what it really is. Anyone who has ever had to kill a person, whether it be in war or in self defense can vouch for the fact that taking a life changes you. It is all find and dandy for the tough guys to talk a big name and call for actions that they themselves probably wouldn't even be capable of doing, but some of the talk in this topic and others on the subject border on complete insanity and disregard for human life and the souls of which we are all endowed.

To complete my post and to comment on Gardner choosing a firing squad - the choice to me doesn't matter. The choice shouldn't even exist because we do not have the right to take another life. TO do so makes us even worse then the murderers because we construe the facts to help us believe that what we are doing is the right thing - we say anything to help us think that we are taking the moral highroad when in reality... we are the monsters. Hiding behind laws and regulations so that we may legally commit the most heinous crime known to mankind - the taking of ones life.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join