It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama slams Arizona immigration bill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
And you would think people here on ATS would oppose that...but they will abandon their other beliefs as long as it pushes the agenda of keeping America white.

Why does this have to be a racial thing? Heck if someone from England or Ireland or Scandinavia for all I care. If you are here illegally, you need to get out of the country, period. I don't care what color of skin you have, what your belief system is, how many children you have, what social or professional skills you may have. If you have not taken the legal route to become a naturalized citizen of the US then you are breaking the law. If you willingly and knowingly break the law, you deserve the punishment.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

reply to post by TheCoffinman

Am I a "criminal apologist"...well yeah...I guess I am. I think it is stupid that people go to jail for a small amount of marijuana, I think it is stupid people get tickets for not wearing a seatbelt, I think it is stupid people go to jail for defending themselves, OH YEAH...I think it is stupid for people to be labeled a criminal to search for a better life and feed their family.

So yeah....call me whatever you want...doesn't bother me.

Are you a racist? Let's see if you will answer as honest as I did.

It doesn't matter how many people support it...if it is unconstitutional...then that just shows taht 70% of people in Arizona are ignorant of the constitution...not a very outrageous hypothesis.

But I actually hope it isn't overturned...I hope it bankrupts Arizona. You reap what you sow.

seatbelt tickets: stupid marijuana tickets: stupid Defense: depends on the circumstances..

illegal immigrant supporters always whip out the feed my poor family arguement. guess what not gonna work. do you know what mexico's unemployment rate is? 3.7% there is plenty of work in mexico... if they want a better life for their family then stay in mexico and make mexico a better country. dont drag your 3rd world baggage to america and drag us down with you. if you want to come to america, wait in line, get your shots, get your papers, and assimilate. fly the american flag...

another thing i hate, and i really hate it, is people playing the racial card when they have no other defense. the obama administration uses this tactic everyday, illegal imigrant supporters use it everyday. this has nothing to do with race. it has everything to do with economics.. it has everything to do with $$$ the only reason why illegals get away with raping the system is because our government lets them because there are others in higher places that dont want their cheap slave labor to get deported. they dont want to have to pay legal american citizens a livable wage. you think the companies that employ illegals for $2.00, you think thats giving these people a better life?

GOOD FOR ARIZONA! fight any appeals to the last drop. the federal government refuses to do anything about it. it is unconstitutional to do nothing about your wide open southern border (wide open i might add because all our troops are overseas fighting for the empire) its unconsitutional to allow illegal immigrants to rape every social program they can get their hands on, they are a financial cancer on california, texas, arizona, on america....

you want to be american... get in line, america allows more LEGAL immigrants than any other country in the world combined. you can try all you want to demonize my stance by playing your sympathy and racism cards but you cant get pass the facts jack.

www.americanpatrol.com...
www.usillegalaliens.com...
immigrationcounters.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

What's left to say? You said it all perfectly.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   
What is it with people that the racist card gets tossed on the table at every opportunity?

Most would agree that it is unacceptable to profile people based on race. OK, fair enough. What happens if a review of arrests indicates the purple people, for example, commit a vast majority of a given crime or category of crimes?

Is it racist then or is it cold hard fact? The facts can not be racist, bigoted or, intolerant. They are merely facts. To act upon the facts seems to be the intelligent thing to do, not ignore them because someone may be offended or inconvenienced.

In this case, it is a fact that somewhere between 4.5 and 7 percent of the U.S. population are illegals. That's a lot of people and when it's considered these people typically coalesce in the border states, that percentage has got to be HUGE in relation to the actual US citizenry in the area. Doing nothing about it is completely negligent and, by definition, borders on treasonous.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by discordantone

I'm against British people sneaking into our country. I'm against French (especially the French) and Italians. Russians. Ukrainians. Chinese, Taiwainese, Indian, Canadian, Uzbekistanian, Uruguayian, Mexican, Congonese etc.

If you're not American you don't belong here unless you're here on a visa, work permit, student, etc.

The fact that Mexicans are targeted are simply because they represent the vast majority of illegals.. some 20+ million of them.

As you say, nothing to do with race, just facts. Fact is, Mexicans and other Central Americans are the largest violators of our laws. Those that play the race card simply have weak arguments.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Obama should go curl up next to his dish and shut the hell up. Arizona is a sovereign Republic and can do as it pleases concerning its borders. Piss off, BHO.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by mrbarber]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I fully agree that any and all illegals be deported when caught. Why? Because it's against your laws, plain and simple. I expect the same of my own country.

As I understand it, the laws exist to contain the problem regardless of country of origin but they are not enforced. I applaud Arizona for their decision to table this law and see nothing wrong with a State not respecting the authority of the Federal Government if they are blatantly disregarding their own rules to the detriment of the State.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
and if it does pass the Supreme Court will shoot it down in the end.

if the state passes a law of this magnitude and the SCOTUS
shoots it down. U just might have one less state

Meanwhile while they are deciding in DC, illegals are being
deported.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
well this makes the 2nd piece of legislation
that goes against Federal legislation.

First it was the birther bill
now it's illegal immigrants
and both target Obama

I will say this,
for a woman governor
she shore has got a big pair somewhere
lmao

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Of course the POWERS would be against it! That is a given! THEY are making too much money from this illegal invasion, I am not saying this as a fact, but I highly suspect it is drug money, pouring into the pockets of the pundits and neo cons on Capital Hill. TPTB sit up there and do nothing about what is basically a violation of Constitutional Law, and a breakup of our American culture, and then they expect the States to follow suit? Get real, Obama, the States are about to rebel against you and your government, if one could call it that. Read your Constitution! It's in there.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Couldn't agree more.. major corruption where illegal immigration is concerned. Progressives say they are just trying to support people "seeking a better life" .. more like hoping to destroy the American identity.. they'd sooner see a world with no national borders and a singular world government.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

I will not carry any document on me...it is all part of that whole "being free" thing.

If I'm driving my care, I will have my DL....if I'm going for a walk...I never have and never will carry ID on me.

Then don't carry your DL when you drive too and be totally freedom of choice?

Pure freedom is pure chaos BTW.....

Lots are predicting doom and gloom with this law, and I agree t is putting a very dangerous tool in the hands of authorities, but I guess we will just need to wait and see. It can very well lead to a flood on the courts, and I’m sure there will be plenty with that sole purpose to do just that. I for one will be carrying my ID on me as I always do.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
the outcome of this war
will decide the fate of
the North American Union

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
well this makes the 2nd piece of legislation
that goes against Federal legislation.

First it was the birther bill
now it's illegal immigrants
and both target Obama

I will say this,
for a woman governor
she shore has got a big pair somewhere
lmao

Didn't they also just pass a law to carry a concealed weapon without a permit too? Well it is Arizona… hehe

If anything, I hope all of this forces the feds to actually start doing something with this issue...even if a fed judge knocks it down it sends a big message to Washington.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

yea ur right
forgot about that one

I think Gov Brewer might have just
decided to start using her new powers
from the Restore America Plan and The
Articles of Freedom. Could this be
the change we were promised???

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Well he has the power to start a task force to get after people hiring those illegals. Instead he just wants to whine about AZ doing something. He is just like Bush in every way. Bush we got medicare D, Obama we got more crap health coverage stuff. Bush didn't stop illegals, Obama won't either. Anyone who believes that he is better than Bush is freaking blind IMO.

To the white house staffers reading.

F U Mr. President. If you want the problem fixed then go after the companies hiring them and bring home our boys to secure the border. It is that simple. You gotta pull your head out of your a** every once in awhile to breathe, right?

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
The irony maybe that he rails against prople enforcing the border, but if we travel somewhere with our data he thinks it can now be inspected like we are some kind of computer criminal or something. UNreasonable search and seaizure maybe just fine, but if you dare question someones nationality it maybe profiling, makes no sense at all.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
It is NOT the pasty faced old snowbirds coming here from Canada that are committing all the home invasions.

It is NOT the pasty faced old snowbirds coming here from Canada that are stealing people's identities.

It is NOT the pasty faced old snowbirds coming here from Canada that are building all the meth labs.

It is NOT the pasty faced old snowbirds coming here from Canada that are starting all the drop houses.

It is NOT the pasty faced old snowbirds coming here from Canada that are stealing the cars and taking them to Mexico.

Is that racial profiling, or is it common sense?[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8daacbbeec7e.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
It is NOT the pasty faced old snowbirds coming here from Canada that are building all the meth labs.

One of the big things now is the cartels have moved into the US and are growing pot crops using illegals to harvest them. We are talking tenfold of what home grown pot was just a few years ago. The cartels find it so easy to get illegals into our country they are bring the growing, production and distribution in our backyard....no need to worry about a pesky border for they can just keep shipping new illagals over anything they want.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join