It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama slams Arizona immigration bill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

America has made NUMEROUS special arrangements SPECIFICALLY for Hispanics such as ACCOMMODATING those whom do not wish to exert the effort of learning ENGLISH. Bilingual services offered for the lazy is JUST ONE single special offers provided for Hispanics. There are tons more, and lots of hand-outs as well, but when it comes time for asking Hispanics to carry A PIECE OF PAPER with them WHEN DRIVING it is all of a sudden an unreasonable request?????? For the improvement of the country you believe asking some folks to CARRY A PIECE OF PAPER is unreasonable?? To those who do not believe this is a fair request, you can always PACK UP AND HAUL YOURSELF south of the border.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Captain_Sense]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Because there is no specific legislative or constitutional mention of amnesty, its nature is somewhat ambiguous. Its legal justification is drawn from Article 2, Section 2, of the Constitution, which states, "The President … shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment." Read more: Amnesty - Further Readings law.jrank.org...

According to this, the president can forgive the crime of being in the country illegally. However it fails to mention his powers to confer citizenship on anyone. Does the president have such powers? Can you perhaps find a reference if he does?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Captain_Sense

Please tell me Captain "sense"....what papers do you have that prove you are currently a legal citizen???

What document says that from date A to date B you are a current legal citizen.

Birth certificate doesn't really mean much...it means you were born a citizen...what if you renounced your citizenship???

DL means nothing nor does SSN for the same reason.

So in fact the ONLY people that have a document showing their current legal status are LEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

So this law could be used to detain ANY american citizen. And believe me...it will be used on many hispanics in that way. As someone else said...If I was a hispanic in Arizona...and I got stopped by a cop...I would speak spanish and only give him my DL. Then when I get falsely arrested and detained...I would sue them and get a nice payout.

I'm telling you...Arizona is killing themselves with this...and it is being applauded by the Arizaon residents....funny.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hypntick

The President doesn't have to do it directly...Congress can do it.

Nothing unconstitutional about it.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The SIMPLE request to which is being asked of Hispanics, I can provide at a moments notice, and WOULD GLADLY CARRY WITH ME AT ALL TIMES for the sake of IMPROVING this country.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

What document can you provide.

You didn't answer my question...just got all huffy about it.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Re-read the post. I can produce that which is required and being asked for.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Since you are incapable of answering a simple question...I'll assume you mean birth certificate.

Do you carry that on you all the time? I don't...don't want to...shouldn't need to....because I thought I lived in a FREE country.

Why should I have to always carry around my "papers" in a FREE country???

I can't go out for a job now without making sure my papers are in order? Is this really the country you are painting that you want to live in???

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
doesnt matter what president indonesia kenyan says now, its law baby!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

If Obama granted Amnesty it would be rewarding illegal behavior. It would be, imo, treasonous. I do agree with immigrant activist that there does need to be an increase in the number of legals allowed to enter the country every year.. but what does that say to people around the World? Don't bother with our border checkpoints.. don't bother following our laws.. don't bother applying for citizenship .. just sneak on over, the Fascist love you.

reply to post by Hypntick

Indeed I don't believe the President has the ability to confer citizenship on anyone.. if anything, it would come from Congress.. but even then, it's rather murky.

DL's are given only to citizens. As are SS numbers. As are Birth Certificates. Most illegals have these through identity theft however.. so most would probably get off the hook. I'd prefer to see a National ID Card created. Or, one could have their passport.

Also if you renounce your citizenship you need a Visa to re-enter the country.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

If Obama granted Amnesty it would be rewarding illegal behavior. It would be, imo, treasonous.

That's fine...but I didn't ask you what your opinion of OBAMA would be. What would your opinion of the newly legal immigrants?

Would they be treasonous for the actions of our government??? No...they would just be subject to the laws they create.

So my question still stands...if amnesty was granted, no matter what your thoughts on those that passed it, would you accept all the current illegal immigrants who would now be LEGAL CITIZENS as your fellow countrymen???

I'd prefer to see a National ID Card created.

And there you go...that has been my argument all along. This is the first step to a national ID and a police state. If you go down teh argument long enough, like you and I have, it is the ONLY possible conclusion for enforcement of this...National ID card.

And you would think people here on ATS would oppose that...but they will abandon their other beliefs as long as it pushes the agenda of keeping America white.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
A kind of blowing cover as cover. It draws attention and makes it seem like something precious that must be defended.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
doesnt matter what president indonesia kenyan says now, its law baby!

Yep, a very surprising move, but I think intelligent one by the Governor for Fox News suggested it would be overturned by a fed judge within a few days and so the Governor will be seen as approval and a judge as the disapproval protecting her voter base.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

which would be shameful.. ignnoring what the people want. against our consitution, against democratic ideals... complete bullsh**

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

There will be lawsuits filed within a weak for unlawful detaining.

I don't think a judge will overturn this that quickly...it will do some damage first. One thing it will assure is that the governor just lost every hispanic vote in Arizona...and hopefully this law will bankrupt Arizona for being morons.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   

I have that proof as well as SEVERAL other documents that verify my legal status. I can provide ANYTHING that ANYONE wishes to see as proof of LEGAL status.

***FOR THE SAKE OF IMPROVING THIS COUNTRY, I WOULD CARRY A SUITCASE WITH ME FILLED WITH DOCUMENTATION IF REQUIRED. I repeat: A SUITCASE of paperwork, with A SMILE ON MY FACE the entire time.***

There is nothing wrong with being required to carry some paperwork. To think otherwise is being FOOLISH and just trying to STIR THE POT looking for trouble.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

are you a criminal apologist? when 77% of arizona CITIZENS are in favor of the bill being signed into law... it should be law.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

I will not carry any document on me...it is all part of that whole "being free" thing.

If I'm driving my care, I will have my DL....if I'm going for a walk...I never have and never will carry ID on me.

YOU can do whatever you want...I will not be part of a police state. Seems like you would of fit right in with the Nazi's in Germany. Hey...they weren't targeting you...so why would you care about carrying your papers???

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Am I a "criminal apologist"...well yeah...I guess I am. I think it is stupid that people go to jail for a small amount of marijuana, I think it is stupid people get tickets for not wearing a seatbelt, I think it is stupid people go to jail for defending themselves, OH YEAH...I think it is stupid for people to be labeled a criminal to search for a better life and feed their family.

So yeah....call me whatever you want...doesn't bother me.

Are you a racist? Let's see if you will answer as honest as I did.

It doesn't matter how many people support it...if it is unconstitutional...then that just shows taht 70% of people in Arizona are ignorant of the constitution...not a very outrageous hypothesis.

But I actually hope it isn't overturned...I hope it bankrupts Arizona. You reap what you sow.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

if your in a country illegally you cant and should not expect the rights that its legal citizens enjoy. criminals dont deserve freedom..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join