It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds invade farm for 5 a.m. inspection

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by iceblue20-12

Not trying to derail, but how can they only milk one time?

Is it the quantity of feed or something?

For two years we milked our cows three times a day. It took a well balanced diet and constant milkfat content monitoring. Boy did they pound the food down. I hated getting stuck with the 2 am milking and feeding.

A cow can produce easily enough milk 3 times per day. Once their bags are full, milk production still continues. This is when they drop their milk and it simply begins to flow. It can become painful if the cows milkings are held up.

Sorry OP for the off topic, I have never heard of milking only one time a day.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

Gday,most of em milk twice a day,the odd one milks 3 times a day.
Milking once a day is cool!! A cow will produce on demand,so if they are used to being milked once a day thats they cycle they keep.Milk em twice a day and thats the cycle they keep,3 a day and so on.
The ones we milk once a day,get to keep calves longer,after calving they have a heap of milk so they keep em with the calves till the flow reduces.
No flagging bags,no pain, just a far better and newer farming practice slowly being embraced. And the milk is AWESOME.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
stop making excuses.

the milk cartels were out of control.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I found this article at Naturalnews.com about the FDA'a crackdown on raw milk;

U.S. government continues its war on raw milk

(NaturalNews) Growing awareness among the American populace about the health benefits of wholesome, raw milk has been steadily increasing over the past decade, putting many state and federal officials into a frenzy. The harsh crackdown tactics used in the past to deter farmers from selling, and consumers from buying, raw milk are giving way to a new approach that anti-raw milk fanatics hope will put an end to the sale of raw milk.

Stopping people from consuming raw milk is a top priority for federal and state officials. While millions of Americans are seriously injured by or die from pharmaceutical drugs every year, U.S. regulatory agencies are busy devising new ways to prevent family farmers from selling a natural, health-promoting food to their fellow citizens.

For years, these rogue agencies, which include state Departments of Agriculture and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), have raided raw dairies, assaulted farmers and terrorized families. A few of the many cases include:

-In 2006, Kentucky farmer Gary Oakes was hospitalized three times for symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder after he was interrogated by the Ohio Department of Agriculture and the FDA.

-Also in 2006, officials raided Michigan farmer Richard Hebron's property, confiscating $8,000 worth of dairy products and threatening him with criminal prosecution for selling raw milk in a local cooperative.

-Between 2007 and 2008, the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture, the FDA, and state police, raided Mennonite farmer Mark Nolt's farm three times, confiscating expensive milk and cheese-making equipment.

Read more: Natural News

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Great find!
What a sad sad world when they wont let you drink fresh milk.
Here in oz from Vat to the shop in a bottle is 14days,you no longer have a fresh product.
During that period it can undergo a variety of process' depending on the product they want.
Full cream milk is usually the most 'untouched' product you can buy,still at 14 days old when you buy it.
Now remember the governments make lots of tax's thru milk production and distribution,do i need say more!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

That was an interesting article, if not somewhat biased by the name of the website, alone.

Of course they are going to push for the raw beverage, just the name of the website makes that obvious.

Natural, anyone?

What's next, raw milk on tap from the source?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Maybe the Amish are in cahoots with the Columbian cartel smuggling coc aine in milk..... NOPE

Four people nailed it ..... MONSANTO

"Control oil, you control nations; control food and you control the people. ..." Kissinger

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by blue_fish

Wouldn't want any kids drinking good, healthy milk, now do we? Another intrusion of Federal Law, it affects us in most every part of our lives these days. Federal Law tells us what do do, and what not to do, and then does nothing about our many problems, like illegal immigration, government secrets, black projects...and now Amish milk. Where does it end, anyway? As far as I know, the Amish pay no taxes, and do not consider themselves 14th amendment citizens. so why are they bound to obey Federal Law?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Actually, my kids and I are lactose intolerant, so I buy rice, hemp, and almond milk. I also like fresh coconut milk.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by blue_fish]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Doesn't the constitution require a trial by a jury of peers? That's what I'd go for. I'd like to see a bunch of common sense endowed ordinary citizens rule that the fed.s were right in their storm trooper tactics. I suspect it won't happen. Though of course lawyers can twist anything.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Yes, even if you are guilty of a STATUTE, you can get off of a charge by informing the jury of the theory of jury nullification.

Any charge where there is no victim, I suggest everyone to go to trial and argue this component.

I have been a jurist a couple of times. Twice the charges were dropped or a plea agreement was made before it went to the jury-defendants were stupid in those two cases. The one that went all the way ended with NOT GUILTY.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join