It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GODS of ATS: Your pick?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

well calling them GODS is going over the top for me, everyone is equal. but i'm with you on Jesse Ventura, a very respectable and couragious man.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
LOL

I call them charlatans.....Stiching and co have worked out a great story telling formula that sells many many books, bit like the bible.....

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pocky

Jesse Ventura, Jim Marrs, George Noory, Dr Bill Deagle, and Alex Jones is getting there.

Hmmm and honorable mentions Bill Ryan and Kerry Cassidy from Project Camelot.

Right now I think Jesse Ventura is TOP DOG. GOD TOP! He could be Jesus, the man has high discernment, he listens and he looks, he doesn't outright shut the book on things just because they seem too unbelievable.

JESSE VENTURA Jesus would be proud

George Noery is the man too but yeah Jesse Ventura is TOP DAWG! I wish i was his neighbor in Mexico.. he could teach me how to surf!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
My Gods:

Tesla for his sheer Brilliance.

Martin Luther- The German priest and professor of theology, who started the Protestant Reformation who later challenged the authority of the Pope and the Roman catholic Church.

But the most "God like" to me are the men and woman of the U.S. Military

There is no greater love than to lay down your life for another.
There courage, puts them in a class by themselves!!

The BEATLES! the greatest musicians of all time!!

Then of course there is CHOCOLATE!! Nuff said!

Pax

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
Absolutely no one and yet everyone!

I admire J. R. R. Tolkien, Socrates and Slayer (joking)!

Slayer is a just an trainee-apprentice demi-semi godlet (3rd class) in the 6th sub-level sector 6D-Z, junior section.

So he's not really a god at all

(and he'll kill me for revealing that - or would if he hadn't wasted his last thunderbolt impressing a young nymph last night!)

Still, better than Hancock or Sitchin: the gods of creative fiction

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by paxnatus
My Gods:

Tesla for his sheer Brilliance.

Martin Luther- The German priest and professor of theology, who started the Protestant Reformation who later challenged the authority of the Pope and the Roman catholic Church.

But the most "God like" to me are the men and woman of the U.S. Military

There is no greater love than to lay down your life for another.
There courage, puts them in a class by themselves!!

The BEATLES! the greatest musicians of all time!!

Then of course there is CHOCOLATE!! Nuff said!

Pax

lol i agree, Chocolate can be quite godlike. The beatles have attained enlightenment so maybe they are too!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The God Of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob......

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I am my own God
I do not worship the human face

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
That InfaRedMan guy... I think he's pretty special!

IRM
... :shk:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Just to start out, my only God to me is the one who created the planet.

The people that I am in awe of are:

Ann Eliza Smith (1819-1905)
Seola and Atla
First person to suggest God destroyed at planet in the solar system to start the Deluge. The Toltecs and Mayans were descendants of the Atlanteans and the Phoenicians traded with them.

Jim Henson
Dark Crystal
Jim poured his soul into its making. The best fantasy of all time.
He thought it was revolutionary. The poor public reaction to the film ruined him and he was no longer the same. When you present a new idea on ATS and it is received poorly by others then think of Jim Henson. Disappointment can break the heart.

George Lucas.
New Hope, Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.
Best sci-fi movies of all time. Empire was my favorite of the three. (I will forget the three new ones.)

Ronald Moore and David Eick
Reimagined Battlestar Galactica
If the original Battlestar Galactica was like this new one there would be tons of spins offs by now like Star Trek. I could watch the re-runs of the new BSG over and over again. A show that got away with using the word "Frak" like it was the real deal, with no censor problems...gods damnit!!! Semper Frakkin Fi.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lostinspace

Seola and Atla
First person to suggest God destroyed at planet in the solar system to start the Deluge. The Toltecs and Mayans were descendants of the Atlanteans and the Phoenicians traded with them.

Thanks for the link to this author. Those are two subjects that i am fascinated with and i will look out for those books in used book stores! Thanks!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012

Seola and Atla
First person to suggest God destroyed a planet in the solar system to start the Deluge. The Toltecs and Mayans were descendants of the Atlanteans and the Phoenicians traded with them.

Thanks for the link to this author. Those are two subjects that i am fascinated with and i will look out for those books in used book stores! Thanks!

You'll probably be able to find a first edition copy of Atla for about $75 USD but you will never find a first edtion copy of Seola. The novel of Seola is super rare. In order to get a copy of Seola your best bet is to look to Kessinger Publishing. They have done a number of rare book reprints. By the way, the books are authored under the name Mrs. John Gregory Smith.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by lostinspace]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

thanks again for the lead. I will have to make a visit to the best used book store i know of in Tampa called HASLAM's, they have many rare books. I may venture into DC also at a great used book store i havent been to in awhile. Also there is a great one just outside of DC that is a huge warehouse, can't remember the name of it off hand though..!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   

It's a lot of fun to search the rare book stores for these little treasures. I was so excited when I found Atla at a rare book store in Ft. Lauderdale. It was their only first edition copy.

Rare books can be found through this website.

used.addall.com...

It's a search engine for a number of rare book stores.
I just typed in a book search for this author and it looks like most of the reprinted books came up. I can't believe my eyes now. I did a book search for one of her other books "From Dawn to Sunrise" and a first edition is going for $2000 USD. I bought one of those books for $60 USD eight years ago. The value of Ann Smith's books have been going through the roof. Back in 1999 Seola was selling for $2000. Now it is selling upwards between $3000 and $4000. If it is available at all.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I agree, there is something magical about searching through a huge used book store! I have fun memories of finding new book stores and my favorite memory was how i found Haslam's in Tampa and talking to the owner who showed me topics on speed reading. He so happened to be living in around DC when he was in high school and i believe Evelyn Woods came to his school and took a small group of kids, including him, to teach them how to speed read. He was one of maybe 100 kids and many dropped out, so he was one of the first to take her class. He then went onto show me the various methods he learned and i talked to him for about an hour on speed reading! It all started in Orlando when i put in my gps a small used book store and asked the worker there if she knew of any large book stores in the area and she suggested Haslam's almost 2 hours away. I had a feeling i should go so i went!

Point of story, if you don't ask for things you may miss out on some valuable information! I am usually shy and don't like to bother people but it definitely paid off that day!

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   

I also purchased another rare book at that book store in Florida. After finding Atla, I wandered around the store and found a pile of books that caught my eye. I will just say its a rare code book. When I went to sole clerk in the store to pay for it, he was amazed and asked me where I found it. He was sad because he did not see it when it first came in. He wanted it for himself. Apparently the shop owner got a pile of books from an estate sale and this was one of them.

You are right about those special moments, where we can happen upon a good lead or find. If you want to know the title of the book I found just say so and I'll U2U. I don't want to say publically what I found.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Skeptic Overlord (Father) - takes care of ATS-set-up
Springer (Son) - takes care of the Members
Simon Gray (Holy Ghost) - cannot be seen but is there somewhere

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
i would never consider any human to be a god but i understand what you mean, and as an interesting concept, the only person i would ever consider at near god status is the me inside my own imagination, i'm sure many of you have the same thing in mind.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Deifying people is a fast track to disappointment, if you want to believe in someone believe in yourself. If you want to believe in something, believe in an ideal. Be accountable, respectful, honest and most of all, do your homework. The people you respect, more often than not, ask you not to respect them, but to respect the idea. The reason these people are great is not who they are, where they come from, or what they have done. Their greatness is a result of their willingness to see the truth through the fog, and having the patience to guide others to it. Whether this trait is inherent or learned, has yet to be determined, but my personal hope, is that someday we will all be our own leaders, our own justice system, where honor matters, and we do things not because we want to or need to, but because our personal integrity will not allow us to do nothing.

If you follow others, in hopes they will lead you to a golden age, you will be disappointed. Read, write, think, and make up your own mind. Find your own path, we have 6.5+ Billion people on the planet. New ideas require one to tread new ground. If we all walk the same fine line, we will surely miss much of what is around us. So lets spread out and not only respect varying viewpoints, but embrace them. Nourish the willingness to step onto uncharted grounds.

I leave you now with some food for thought

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

-----Robert Frost (1874–1963). Mountain Interval. 1920.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
All I can talk about are people who have had deep impact on me. They are: My Grandmother, Ashtavakra (sage in ancient India), Buddha. At a different level, some people have made me think about our earth and nature. They are: Victor Schauberger, Tesla, Immanuel Velikovsky, Ida Rolf. People who have influenced my thinking about life and freedom are: Mahatma Gandhi, Thomas Jefferson

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join