GODS of ATS: Your pick?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012

This thread is not about arguing, it's about sharing the people you enjoy learning from. Please give us an example of someone you enjoy reading about or listening to.

There are lots of people I have learned from, but NONE of them will I ever consider to be a "God" or "Goddess", and since you asked "who do you consider to be your Gods", I will have to disagree with you.

Even though you didn't mention Obama, this sounds way too much to the claims made by Evan Thomas.

Newsweek editor Evan Thomas brought adulation over President Obama’s Cairo speech to a whole new level on Friday, declaring on MSNBC: "I mean in a way Obamas standing above the country, above – above the world, hes sort of God."

newsbusters.org...

There is a very dangerous road you take when people start seeing others, including strangers they don't really know as "Gods" and or "Goddesses".

[edit on 12-5-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

Sorry bro. I did not mean to offend people. If i could edit the topic i would have but it's too late.

Forgot the "god" status. I see that you don't want people making "strangers" "gods", we should all worship the one "god" that no one has ever seen, which is pretty much the definition of a stranger.

I will ask again, do you have anyone you look up to that you enjoy reading or listening to besides possibly a preacher? Do you read books? Just wondering.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by BeastMaster2012]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Such a random thread

I'm gonna say Philip k. Dick.

Don't really follow anyone religiously (excuse the pun) and not a massive fan of many Conspiracy celebrities.... I like a lot of scientists like Michio Kaku and Dawkins and a few others too....

But I don't hail them as superior or god-like.

[edit on 12/5/10 by blupblup]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindymars
Absolutely no one and yet everyone!

I admire J. R. R. Tolkien, Socrates and Slayer (joking)!

See my lady... What we have here is a Gigantic example of the LACK of ability to communicate the OP opened this thread by saying "GODS of ATS" here is where he totally Fails. Every contributing Member He/She thinks they are GOD in some sort of way or fashion! it's a joke on ourselves

[edit on 12-5-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I just wanted to make a thread where people could share their opinions on people they enjoy learning from. Is it really that hard to understand?

I recently joined this site and didn't realize how many religious people are on this site. I thought this was a conspiracy based website where people talk about subjects that the Main Stream Media will not talk about.

I am done explaining this. I have apologized many times. I am sorry to offend, i am not trying to trick people. I am not the devil, i promise, lol. I may have beast in my name and i may have made a post about Lucifer but i assure you no trickery was meant. All i want is to possibly find new people to check out and let others hear about some people they like.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Don't worry about the crazy religious folk and whether you offend them or not, they can be a little touchy.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

All right now you have made a valid point.
Let's explore it!

The opening post made me a bit loopy and go off the deep end.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by cindymars
Absolutely no one and yet everyone!

I admire J. R. R. Tolkien, Socrates and Slayer (joking)!

See my lady... What we have here is a Gigantic example of the LACK of ability to communicate the OP opened this thread by saying "GODS of ATS" here is where he totally Fails. Every contributing Member He/She thinks they are GOD in some sort of way or fashion! it's a joke on ourselves

Seriously? You mean the alter/shrine I have erected to you is invalid?
Darn I guess I will have to worship Oz the Weatherman instead!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Mah conspiraceh God:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Hello, your thread title didn't offend me in the slightest and I understood what you meant.

I just baulked at conferring 'god-like' status on anyone. Not for any religious reasons, it just felt a bit over the top.

I'd like to add Quentin Crisp to my list. I didn't list him before because I wasn't sure if he quite fit the bill, but as I've rarely disagreed with anything I've heard him say, and since I'm here anyway, I'll give him a plug.

This was an interesting idea for a thread, I hope you get more contributions.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
Mah conspiraceh God:

I personally like RexKwonDo.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Oh boy... I am not a religious person... I am spiritual, but not religious, but you even posted the definition of a God, and yet you made your own.

You have no idea how dangerous it is to see people as "Gods" and "Goddesses"... Chavistas see Chavez as a God, they see no fault on him and they glorify everything he does even when he is destroying his country (Venezuela)... the same is happening in the U.S. with many people seeing Obama as "sort of God"....

Seeing other PEOPLE as a "God" or "Goddess" means to being complete subjects to such people. To adore them without comparison and following EVERYTHING they do no matter what.

I love my parents, yet I don't see them as a "God" and "Goddess". There are many people I have learnt from, which I love, and which can still teach me a lot, but NONE of them are a "God" or "Goddess"...

People are imperfect, and we all make mistakes. To see another person as a "God" and "Goddess" means that no mater what they do you would follow them even if it is an evil deed.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by ElectricUniverse]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Btw and on a more serious note, one of the best conspiracy theorist I have run across is actually ATS member mister.old.school

It's not that he's always right, but his deconstruction process and subsequent reasoning is consistently exceptional and highly worthy of further consideration. An investigation of his thread history is imo time well spent.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Not a big fan of the whole God thing.

One guy I read and listen to is Mike Ruppert, this guy speaks pearls of
wisdom, and will say things that most don't want to hear.

And o ya , Lady Skadi ,

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Sean48]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

your getting hung up on my OP. I understand what you are saying and i apologized.

Who do you like. I am going to shake you until you answer. Who do you read about!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

one of the best conspiracy theorist I have run across is actually ATS member mister.old.school

And his star-to-post ratio is insane...not that stars matter or anything.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Former President George W. Bush and his wife Laura secretly visited Fort Hood last night and spent "considerable time" consoling those who were wounded in Thursday's shooting spree, Fox News has learned.

Source: current.com...

This man is more of a hero than a God. I have deep respect for a man of convictions. A further report stated "W" drove he and Laura to the gate unannounced. The guard nearly sharted when he saw George behind the wheel.

The Bush's asked that their visit be kept quiet. That's class in my opinion. The current President went to Delaware that evening instead.

Becker

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Becker44]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I wouldn't call any human a god, but here's a list of major influences:

Solomon
Sun Tzu
Plato
Zeno
Philo
Plotinus
Iamblichus
Proclus
Niccolo Machiavelli
Thomas Hobbes
Carl Von Clausewitz
Friedrich Nietzsche
Sir James George Frazer
Joseph Campbell
Ayn Rand
Robert A. Heinlein

[edit on 12/5/10 by MikeboydUS]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Dylan Ratigan?

LOL

Get a new hero buddy.

You apparently did not watch him on CNBC before his move to MSNBC

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Jesse Ventura, Jim Marrs, George Noory, Dr Bill Deagle, and Alex Jones is getting there.

Hmmm and honorable mentions Bill Ryan and Kerry Cassidy from Project Camelot.

Right now I think Jesse Ventura is TOP DOG. GOD TOP! He could be Jesus, the man has high discernment, he listens and he looks, he doesn't outright shut the book on things just because they seem too unbelievable.

JESSE VENTURA Jesus would be proud

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Talk about a missleading title, i thought we are spose to be blowing smoke up members of ATS.

My gods know who they are

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join