It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GODS of ATS: Your pick?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Walking around the grocery store today i was thinking about Jesse Ventura and how important he is for the 9/11 truth movement. That made me think of you guys, the members of ATS and which people you think are important.

That made me think of him as a GOD almost, someone who we look up to and follow, trying to find out everything that is inside his brain. Who is your "GOD" whom you like to follow?

Quick Definition of God:
# the supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe; the object of worship in ...
# deity: any supernatural being worshipped as controlling some part of the world or some aspect of life or who is the personification of a force
# a man of such superior qualities that he seems like a deity to other people; "he was a god among men"
# idol: a material effigy that is worshipped; "thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image"; "money was his god"

Here are mine:

1. Jesse Ventura: As of late he has been very open about 9/11 and is one of the only people accepted in MSM. He has appeared on most TV shows and radio shows, including Larry King, Hannity, HOWARD STERN, the View and more. Those 4 shows cover almost every spectrum of people, from young to old, smart to stupid, women and men. He has published a book called "Don't start the revolution without me". He has seen this great nation crumble and instead of complaining about it he has done something about it, picked up his things and moved to Mexico. He is a true american hero!

2. Michael Moore: I know a lot of people hate him, but his Fahrenheit 9/11 movie is the most watched documentary ever produced and probably helped many people open their eyes to how crazy our government really is. I recently saw Capitalism a love story and was blown away by it.

3. Graham Hancock: Many people probably don't know much about this man, but i am a huge fan. Hancock is trying to find evidence of ancient civilizations that predate Egypt. His book "Fingerprints of the Gods" have introduced me to amazing sites in Central and South America that i think are just as or more important than Egypt. He argues that the Pyramids and the Sphinx are much older than 2500bc and put them around 10,000bc.

So who are your "Gods"? Now is your chance to help turn people on to what you believe in. The main criteria is someone who is fighting against the Main Stream Media because as most of you know we are not getting the truth.

edit: If you don't mind, please give a brief description of what your person does. Many of the posters so far have mentioned people i have no idea who they are so it doesn't help turn more people onto them.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by BeastMaster2012]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Max Keiser, Ron Paul and Zecharia Sitchin would be mine... (i suppose)

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
ahh yes, Stichin is awesome. If you guys don't mind giving a reason or a little background for each person so if people find that person interesting they can look into them. For example i have no idea who Max Keiser is.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Every one who posts here.

They can say what is on their mind, and be appreciated for it without having to have been a politician, or a famous author!

I have to admit, that Graham Hancock is one of my favorites, but no more special than anyone who contributes to this site, including YOU!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

# idol: a material effigy that is worshipped; "thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image"; "money was his god"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da67170d9000.jpg[/atsimg]

I understand GG is not a person, but so what...

edit to clarify

[edit on 4/23/2010 by happygolucky]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
i wouldnt classify any of these people as "gods" but their message is important.

manly palmer hall - quite possibly the most influential philosophic thinker of our age. founder of the philosophic research society and expert in many fields including: ancient mystery religions, alchemical/religious symbology, ancient & modern philosophy, occult mysticism and numerous others.

alan watt (not watts!) - host of cutting through the matrix talk radio show on RBN and website of the same name. his research into the influence of foundations and ngo groups (non-governmental organizations) is spot on. has a no nonsense approach to his research, so expects a lot of facts.

william cooper (mystery babylon series) - if i have to tell you who this man is, you dont belong on the website IMO.

norman finkelstein - his is a voice of reason when it comes to middle eastern politics. sacrificed his career to get his message out.

jim tucker - IMO, the best informative source out there on the bilderbergers.

john young (cryptome) - before wikileaks, there was cryptome. has a plethora of documents that governemtn and corporations would rather you not see. unpublished pictures of iraq/afghanistan, corporate/government spying documents, and other leaked information. his site is too valuable to mention.

g edward griffin: founder of freedom force internation, libertarian activist and anti-collectivist. his book creature from jekyll island is one of the best informative sources on the fed besides eustace mullins.

eustace mullins: could be the original researcher into the hidden history of the federal reserve system and the coming world order.

edit to add descriptions (sorry, i was at work)

[edit on 23-4-2010 by BlesUTP]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Every one who posts here.

They can say what is on their mind, and be appreciated for it without having to have been a politician, or a famous author!

I have to admit, that Graham Hancock is one of my favorites, but no more special than anyone who contributes to this site, including YOU!

awhh me too?!? /me blushes! nice to see another Graham lover! Can i suggest some videos if you haven't watched them?

www.veoh.com...

Veoh is a great source for some long lengthed documentaries. There are a few with Hancock in them. Hope you enjoy!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Al bielek and william cooper.

Al bielek was right on about all the electronic mind control stuff, and william was the best analytical researcher in this area, obviously having worked for them.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Ooooooooooh, goodie! A lot their to digest, that will take some time!

I can't go a day without visiting his website!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
You've left out one of our own:
Jim Marrs
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

Ooooooooooh, goodie! A lot their to digest, that will take some time!

I can't go a day without visiting his website!

Glad you will enjoy them! You may need to install the veoh player so you can download the video files to your computer. I have done that and downloaded almost 100 documentaries through it in a matter of days.

Also if you really enjoy him i can explain to you how to use torrents to download some of his audio interviews, just PM me to find out how.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
The only people that I feel should be idolized are those that take a scientific approach to the data and only draw conclusions supported by that data. Men like J. Allen Hynek and Ivan T. Sanderson who have done more for these fringe subjects by employing the scientific method and analytical thinking. When these men spoke you knew to take them seriously because they had done their research and their conclusions were always iron clad because they only used the data they had to draw them, as opposed to most current researchers who look at the data and then make extravagant claims that isn't supported by that data.

And now to go against everything I just said, I also want to mention Charles Fort. While his methods may not have been the strictest and while he often made extraordinary claims, he is still the godfather of many of the topics that are discussed on ATS everyday and as such he deserves the utmost respect.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Alex Jones
Ron Paul
Jesse Ventura
G Edward Griffin

posted on May, 2 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   
'God' is going a bit far but I greatly admire Robert Anton Wilson, co-author of The Illuminati Trilogy and author of Prometheus Rising among many other books.

Here are some quotes:

thinkexist.com...

Sample:

“The most thoroughly and relentlessly Damned, banned, excluded, condemned, forbidden, ostracized, ignore, suppressed, repressed, robbed, brutalized and defamed of all Damned Things is the individual human being. The social engineers, statistician, psychologist, sociologists, market researchers, landlords, bureaucrats, captains of industry, bankers, governors, commissars, kings and presidents are perpetually forcing this Damned Thing into carefully prepared blueprints and perpetually irritated that the Damned Thing will not fit into the slot assigned it. The theologians call it a sinner and try to reform it. The governor calls it a criminal and tries to punish it. the psychologist calls it a neurotic and tries to cure it. Still, the Damned Thing will not fit into their slots.”

[edit on 2-5-2010 by berenike]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I haven't encountered any humans who would fit my criteria of a god. However, there are some men that I consider to be exceptional at certain things and therefore I praise their abilities in awe. Such men are:

Ludwig van Beethoven
Edgar Allen Poe
Frank Herbert
Michio Kaku

I'm sure there are more. As you can see, 3 of the men on my list are dead artists.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

JIM MARRS?

Don't forget the cheetos we found attached to the bottom of the seat cushion! Very incriminating evidence if you ask me!

And! Zecharia Sitchin needs his head examined IMO.

I'll rock with Ron Paul though

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OrphenFire

Those were good choices, I don't know if I can think of anyone living I would think of as a god, or worth worshiping, it would have to be someone dead.

I'll have to think about this one.

And did they get
you to trade
Your heros for ghosts?

[edit on 123131p://bWednesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have never liked making people God-like. I don't look at anyone as a god because I don't believe in god as one individual and my views are very different. I would rather look up to someone than give the title of "God," that only inflates ego.

If I had to answer in your terms I would say the Ancient Egyptians

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Oh my...

That's...kind of a scary thought.

To put somebody up on a pedestal like that, it's really unhealthy.

No human will ever be a "God" in my eyes.

Certainly not any of the ones you've listed. If I had to choose, I would say Ghandi..

~Keeper

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Can I pick myself?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join