It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And Now for the Joke of the Day:Speaker Pelosi Rules Out White House Run

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Oh really Nancy??
Amazingly, someone actually thought that she had a chance. Nancy's bridges are slowly beginning to burn into ruin in California. Thanks for the laugh Nancy and company.

Democratic U.S. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, the first woman to hold the powerful post, ruled out Thursday any future plans to run for the White House.

At a press conference with reporters and children on "Take Our Daughters And Sons To Work Day," Pelosi had been asked whether she would ever run for president given her years of political experience.

"No. I love the job that I have," said the speaker, who is behind only Vice President Joe Biden in the U.S. order of succession.

Here is the kicker ...

"I believe that one of the reasons that I do it with the success that I have is that my members know that I am here for them, for the House of Representatives, and I'm not thinking of another career path for myself," she said.

newsmax.com...

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Nancy's bridges are slowly beginning to burn into ruin in California.

Slowly? Hell she keeps throwing liquid oxygen on the fires. You can see the smoke from Pennsylvania. That wasn't a volcano that blew in Iceland, it was one Pelosi's bridges.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA, that's awesome! I don't think anyone in their right mind would vote for Nancy Pelosi to be president.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Well, somebody asked her a question about it and she answered it. Not sure what the big deal is.

She's not terribly mediagenic when she actually starts speaking, she'd be awful on the national campaign trail. She gets the deer in the headlights thing a lot of the time during press conferences. As a Speaker, she's proven to be one of the most effective and most powerful in living memory. I think she's probably surpassed even Tip O'Neill with her success in getting Health Care passed. She'll probably go down as one of the most powerful Speakers of all time.

The Speakership is all about pure power politics. It's not about nationwide popularity - that means nothing to her. So long as she can keep hold of her own district and maintain power within the Democratic Caucus, she'll hold the seat (and yes, I think the Democrats will still hold the House come November).

She learned her power-politics skills from her dad who was an enormously powerful and popular mayor of Baltimore (her brother was also Mayor for a term in the late 1960's). The story is that when she was a little girl, like 10 or 12, she would sit with her dad in his office as he took meetings and helped him keep his journal of political favors he owed to others and that others owed to him. She learned the game at the knee of a master, and it's served her well in her career.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReVoLuTiOn76
HAHAHAHA, that's awesome! I don't think anyone in their right mind would vote for Nancy Pelosi to be president.

Don't count on it, they voted in a Kenyan!

new topics

top topics

join