It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Visions of the Future – Sim Card Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Isaac Newton once said that he felt “the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered” before him.1 Dr. Michio Kaku, a pioneer of string theory, is a little less modest in his estimation of our current knowledge. In a series of TV programmes entitled ‘Visions of the Future’, he confidently states that, “The great ocean of truth is no longer undiscovered. We have unlocked the secrets of matter – the atom; we have unravelled the molecule of life – DNA; and we have created a form of artificial intelligence – the computer.”2

Kaku is full of a blazing optimism that exponential progress in technology, particularly in computing and artificial intelligence, will profoundly re-shape human civilisation for the better. So, have we discovered the “ocean of truth?” Is scientific and technological progress the route to a new evolutionary leap for humanity?

In this article I put before you the chilling proposition we are about to take this leap off a precipice and that we are being ushered towards it by a vanguard of technological progress way in advance of ours. It includes in its armoury travel faster than the speed of light, teleportation, defiance of the laws of gravity, invisibility and mind control. I speak of the Grey alien phenomenon witnessed, and being witnessed, by millions of individuals, amongst them doctors, pilots, politicians and military generals.

www.newdawnmagazine.com...

UFO Believers vs Religious Believers from George Carlin's perspective.

When it comes to main stream science the likes of Michio Kaku or others who talk about the alien question tap dance around it by saying things like anything is possible or it's just not possible, they just don't know given the fact that they refuse to investigate this topic seriously, on the other hand Kaku for instance believes there are as many as 11 dimensions, what or who does he think may live in those dimensions?

Lint to video
]ex]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kNyPUBPSUk&feature=player_embedded

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Aquarius1]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Just like any other ocean, if you go into it like a fool and with too much confidence, you'll drown, you'll be eaten by less than friendly wildlife, and you can get lost.

This man may want to think about that before taking a dip in 'The ocean of truth'....

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

This is a great thread Aquarius.

I have always been a bit suspect of Mr. Kaku.

Mainly because he is the front man/cheerleader for the future products of corporate America, which we will undoubtedly one day be force fed.

He is a one man PR machine for trans-humanism, but he does seem to go out of his way to not discuss the idea of extra-terrestrial intelligence.

I will read the article a bit more and then decide exactly what I think.

This is seriously heavy stuff.

I actually have to use my apparently less than adequate brain to do some thinking...

Where's my Adderall?

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

You start off your thread with a fine assessment of Kaku's reminder of how far we've travelled, technologically, and then you ruin everything and stop me from continuing with a wild, unsupported comment: "I speak of the Grey alien phenomenon witnessed, and being witnessed, by millions of individuals, amongst them doctors, pilots, politicians and military generals."

There is no grey alien phenomenon. There are no witnesses. No one is witnessing. Millions? How about one that can offer reliable, irrefutable evidence? Show me one doctor, one pilot, one politician, one military general. Go ahead, show me, show the world!

posted on Apr, 28 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

Where exactly did I mention anything about witnesses or if believed there were witnesses or not, since I have followed Kaku's work for years I only made mention of things he has said, don't get where you are coming from.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
reply to post by The Shrike

Where exactly did I mention anything about witnesses or if believed there were witnesses or not, since I have followed Kaku's work for years I only made mention of things he has said, don't get where you are coming from.

You mentioned this in the OP:

Originally posted by Aquarius1
I speak of the Grey alien phenomenon witnessed, and being witnessed, by millions of individuals, amongst them doctors, pilots, politicians and military generals.

And I don't always agree with The Shrike, but I agree on this point, that statement "Grey alien phenomenon witnessed, and being witnessed" also kind of ruined an otherwise good thread for me too.

I don't consider dreams or visions experienced during sleep paralysis to be evidence of anything being "witnessed".

I agree with Kaku about some points but disagree with him about others. I like the way he thinks outside the box, though to believe some of his more extreme speculation, my mind has to be so open it feels like my brain is falling out. But I don't like him lobbying against disclosure, and saying he thinks that the government should keep knowledge of aliens secret because people can't handle the truth. Not only can people handle the truth, but most people think we've already been visited so disclosure would be no big deal (unless we were being attacked like in the "War of the Worlds" or "Independence Day" scenario).

top topics

join