It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Watcher: Anyone experience this?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well to the person who suggested nephilim..I have also heard a theory that they were neanderthals...don't know if thats true though. However mr. mikemp44 I do understand seeing dark figures. Since I was around 4 (i'm 25 now) I have seen plenty of shadowy figures..."shadow people" around me. They have ranged from small to large and I only see them for a few seconds at a time. I'm not sure what a watcher is, but if your instinct is telling you that it is neutral than I would not worry. From my personal experiences I have learned that your gut is normally right. My othe suggestion is whatever it is you believe in, faith wise, turn to that to help you answer why he is watching you. Or put a bay leaf under your pillow before you go to bed and you might have help getting some answers. Though this is just a lil pagan trick so i;m not sure your into that. I wouldn't worry if I was you, but if you get to bothered by the whole situation you can always work up the courage to ask the watcher what he is watching.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
This subject is an important piece to the puzzle. And I'm glad for the one who mentioned the days of Noah.

There is a member here who has 2 spirits clinging to him, they became his 'wives'. They caught him in a vulnerable state, right after he got in a fight with his real live human wife. Before this they were nothing but inky black shadows.

In another case, another member here has a run in with an entity claiming to be not only god but his 3 wives.

I believe this watcher of yours is waiting to catch you vulnerable as well. And when you are weak, you shall be tempted by your hearts desire. You will put a face or faces on the watcher and your hour of temptation shall come.

Remember Eve was seduced in the garden. Esau threw away his birthright for a morsel of food. Jesus was taken in the spirit and tempted by Satan after he was physically weak fasting 40 days, only he overcame.

In the days of Noah, there were Nephilim and they were marrying and being given in marriage. Isn't it ironic how these members say how these spirits have become their wives? And since they 'familiarized' themselves with them, they can only intercourse in a sleep state. Their physical bodies being imobilized while their minds are fully proccupied in fantasy. Sounds like Avatar doesn't it?

I would be careful if I were you. We can only take care of our physical health for so long, what we really need is light to overcome.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Mikemp44

It may be haunting you. Ive heard stories about some ghost's being attched to people and following them around.
Apparently it happened to my uncle - he and my aunty used to live on a big property on the boarder of a national park, big house in the middle of nowhere, i used to hate going there i always got weird vibes but it may have just been me.
I only heard this story years later though after he and my aunty seperated but what's more interesting is one day it just stopped, it was when they were down visiting my other aunty and they had been out one night and when they got home they went to open the front dorr and it slammed back in their face.
Since that night he never had the feeling of it anymore or noticed anything odd.
I actually stayed in the house for awhile( the one where the door slammed ) when i was about 14. I only noticed something strange once i was in bed and had just turned my tv off and had turned over to face the wall. I thought i heard whispers and then foot steps in the loungeroom ( polished floorboards ) and i swear i heard my door open and i just had this overwhelming feeling of fear and didnt want to turn around but i got up the guts to and my door was closed. I didnt hear it close so i don't know it was strange.
My thought was whatever was following my uncle around might have decided to stay in the new house and so it stopped following him.

I only heard the following around story a few years ago and as soon as i did i thought of that night. I'll never forget how quickly the fear came on, it was a very strange feeling.

So yeah it may just be something following you rater than watching, or both

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I think poster Iamnot has a good point. It's looking for a point of vulnerability, which rings true to the content in the book I mentioned, "Hostage to the Devil" by Fr. Malachi Martin.

People that dabble in the occult, the black arts, Ouija boards, etc. open themselves up to forces and powers that they may not be able to control. Demonic forces are very powerful, and not something to be take lightly. And, unfortunately, the occult is embedded heavily in our American culture pretty much everywhere you go - movies, TV, Internet, etc.

Personally, I think you are treading on dangerous territory. I would take preventative measures to make sure that this familiar entity is banished from following you any further.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by CookieMonster09]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I was the one that mentioned Nephilim and the days of Noah. And rightly so! I've spent a lot of time reading up on Nephilim. I think they are very, very real. When God told Noah he was going to flood the earth it was because of the sins of man laying with and becoming corrupt with the blood of Nephilim. Nephilim had absolutely no place on Earth. I believe there were those Nephilim that survived as there were accounts of man running into Nephilim after the flood. By this time the bloodlines had been watered down but survived.

It is my opinion that the Gods of antiquity (Roman and Greek Gods) could of very well been Nephilim. Goliath probably had Nephilim in him. The Philistines were a very tall people.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I actually saw one of the watcher yesterday passed by the living room, with a dark black robe, i couldn't there face.

I felt a bit weird before i saw it.

Not the first time though.

I do own some strange abilities which i cant explain.

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

[edit on 24-4-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Well the watcher is not my only encounter with the paranormal. When I was very young, around the age of 4 or 5, my family had a farm house in Vermont. We still own the farm, but have sold the third house down the way from it, which is the one I am speaking of. Well my grandparents would stay at the main house while my parents, brother and I would stay at this third farmhouse. Well about 150 yards to the right of the house was a small beaten up school house, and I mean "Little House on the Prairie" style school house. Well I would walk out in the yard sometimes and see children playing and laughing around the school house. It didn't bother me at the time as I was so young, but needless to say there weren't any children nearby except my brother and I (he is two years older). So several years later I learned that it was a school house in the early 1800's and that many children died there of Typhoid or Polio, I don't remember which one I think Typhoid though. Anyway, behind the school house was a grown over small graveyard I never knew about. On top of that, EVERYONE in the family who goes there says they see and hear the children, especially later at night.

Just thought I'd share that fun little memory

I sense spirits quite easily, and can label their nature (light or dark, good and evil, etc...) just as quickly. I sometimes hear faint whispers, echoing words and even emotional 'bursts' as I call them. I do not communicate with them however, only give them an instinctive understanding of do not mess with me, like if a wolf were to stare you down(not trying to be dramatic, just best way I can describe it).

So anyway this watcher is different, It doesn't come around very often, maybe once every month or so, but I just catch it as it moves; its too big to miss.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I woke up one night and I thought I saw what kind of looked like the stereotypical grim reaper. I threw my shoe at it and realized that I had left the vacuum cleaner out and had draped my coat over it.
I don't know how you handle it. Have you tried throwing a shoe?

I would think if somebody said to me that I am an "ancient soul" I would interpret that as saying I have been reincarnated many, many times.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
First...what makes you use the term 'watcher'? Where do you relate learning of this term from? Was it through a religion or certain book?

I do not experience the 'watchers' to be of negative nature. My experience with 'them' and I must say them because they showed themselves in a group of 7 to 9 of them.

I immediately felt that 'they' made '1'....and this 'they' or '1' were a part of me somehow and I them.

My mind said...'wow, I didnt know there was more then 1 of you'....I received a feeling of them 'blushing'....I then said, in my mind...'are you all a part of me'...and the feeling came over me as if they smiled in unison at me. I took the smile to be a 'yes' to my question.

The shadow entity that I had a encounter with was cold and negative. I actually related this entity to be running on the negative power of humans and this world and without it, it would be powerless.

The encounter with the shadow entity came in a dream where I knew I was dreaming...it showed up to me as if it was being beamed by a light in the sky that was creating it...the light seemed to of been coming here from Earth.

I know, it all probably makes no sense to anyone else...but just sharing.

I have reasons to think the 'watchers' are connected with Saturn.....but that is a whole other story. These watchers over see things here...and care very much for all beings here.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I used to have a watcher hanging around me for quite some time. Always at night, and just like you I instantly knew that it was called a watcher. I never actually saw it but I always imagined it looked like one of those grey aliens. I could always sense its presence, I could hear it outside my window at night, hear its footsteps, hear it jumping on things and running on the roof.. pretty scary really. I remember one time I followed the sound and i could hear it running through the bushes yet could not see a thing. Another time I was with friends standing under a steel verandah and something made a huge clang sound on the verandah. It sounded like a large branch had fallen on to the verandah but there were no trees around... there was literally nothing that could have made that sound and it freaked all my friends out. It drove me pretty crazy, I would often go outside in the middle of the night ready to fight it and yelling out "COME ON! COME GET ME!" and everything would just be dead quiet. Sometimes that would work and it would leave me alone but other times I would hear the sounds start up again once i went back inside. These things really give you the creeps and can make it hard to sleep at night. They are there just watching, never making a move but just observing. but why?

oh and btw, like you I am also an old soul so perhaps these things are tied to us from our past.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Eonnn

This gonna sound kinda flakey or kooky lol but think about cats. They are huge in egyptian culture, they appear in many art works and are worshipped. Ive always thought it's funny how much cats are different to dogs. Fair enough they are a different species but they are reallly different. They just do their own things and come and go as they please.

One night i was out late walking and i saw a cat just sitting watching something, and i just said ''watcher'' and it looked at me. I dont know i'm probably wrong and i dont mean to sound nutty. But cats are interesting, i have always wondered why the egyptians held them in such high regard.

I used to have a cat and sometimes it would be gone for a week and then come back. Shifty little buggers they are and crafty too

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

When I read the OP I couldnt help but get the chills. My whole life I have always experienced weird things, and could see and sense things that no one else could.

I had basically the exact same experience. But for me it happened numerous times. It was more prevalent when I was younger, and as Ive aged its either happened less and less, or I just have become so accustomed to it, I dont notice it anymore.

When I was a kid, basically 2 years old and up, I would infrequently wake up with the strong sense of foreboding and of being watched. Every time it happened I would open my eyes to that "Watcher" either standing in the corner of my room, or in the door way. I remember it being VERY tall. I would at first think it was my eyes playing tricks on me, then I would try and rationalize that its one of my parents, even though my heart was racing and I knew different. Everytime this happened I would start screaming for my parents, who would come running in, thinking there REALLY was a man in my room. As soon as they would come down the hall, or get close to my room the thing would disappear.

Throughout my life I have had many incidences with these shadow things. Ive encountered playful ones that seemed like children, peeking around my door way, then hiding when I would look up. This would go on for hours at a time.

Then the grim reaper ones started making their presence known, they definitely scared the crap out of me, but like you said, they never hurt me, or made any attempt to, they would just watch. These ones almost always watch me at night while I slept. The only time I could see them in the day time was a few times when I stayed home from school, very ill with a high fever. I know exactly what you mean about the shape being blacker than black, like a black hole, it swallows up light around it.

Eventually, I too became so used to them that they didnt really scare me anymore, more like just annoyed me since they would wake me up all the time.

The worst was when the "Hat Man" started to show up. The weird thing is, once he started coming around, the other types of shadows and other weird things I was used to seeing around, suddenly stopped coming. Almost like even they were scared of this guy. If you're not familiar with the Hat Man shadow person, look it up. You may experience it one day too.
The difference between the hat man and the cloaked shadow person, is the Hat Man doesnt just stand there and stare, he moves around, and has this sinister smile which is pure evil. He used to even tap on my window right above my bed and scare the crap out of me. He has a sense of pure dread around him, he's definitely not a neutral entity.

Like you said, as Ive aged I seem to experience these things less and less frequent. Check out the post in my sig, thats my most recent event.

Good luck, if you have any questions UTU me

[edit on 27-4-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

[edit on 27-4-2010 by WhiteDevil013]

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

MUFON interviewed a guy which they had him go under hypnosis and said his encounter with the entity was r=there to protect him. was on TV last night.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Well I've seen a person's shape outside my window just standing there, but could see no detail because it was a shadow on the blinds. I've woke up and seen someone standing in my doorway just looking at the bed. I woke my husband up and asked him if he saw it, he said no. Then I thought if it was my imagination it should go away when I realized only I could see it, but it stayed there. I got annoyed and kind of yelled at my husband "look! don't you see it?! It's a man standing right there!" as I pointed at it. I wasn't even scared, just annoyed that it stood there and my husband couldn't see it. Another time I saw a robot that was black as black and there were no reflections on it. Again, like the man, it just stood there doing nothing. My husband has seen a woman that stands at the foot of our bed on his side that just stands there too.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikemp44
Ok so since I was about 16 I have had an "entity" that follows me and literally watches me from a distance, generally about 3 yards or so and always at night. I have only seen it directly for more than a few seconds twice, and what it looked like was death manifested. For some reason i knew it was called a 'watcher,' like my true self told me that is what it was. I have always been attuned to the ethereal world around us, I have been told that my soul was ancient by three different psychics, that I have a strong emerald aura and that my 'spirit' is a warlord and healer; My spirit companions are the bear and the owl. Anyway, i have always been able to sense the presence of entities, whether they are of order or chaos, and find benevolent entites often try to convey something or lead me to something, while chaotic entites often hide from me.

However this is about the watcher. I am 6'6", 290lbs and the entity has a good six inches on me; needless to say it is BIG. The first time i encountered it at the age of 16 i awoke to see the light between my draps on the window bending inward, like being sucked into a crack. I was very disturbed by this and then I saw it to the left of the crack; it was a dark figure, wearing a large hooded robe that was black, its face entirely concealed. At first I went cold, i did not know what to think, but then my inner voice said "it is a watcher, it can do nothing to you." Since then I catch it every so often and have seen it once more in my bedroom a few years ago, same look and light bending and everything.

So my question is does anyone else have a watcher like this? It is not evil, it is of the median, neither good nor bad, but it is big though and somewhat scary the first time you see it.

Also, what does the term "one of the ancients" mean? That is what the psychics called my soul (all three of them, though in different words, all used the term 'Ancient')

Dude I saw this same thing when I was 14 or 15 years old. I've only told a few people about it and they all get really creeped out when they hear it. I was in my bedroom in bed while my parents were in the livingroom with the light on and my room looks out into the room so I could see them. I was trying to fall asleep but it wasn't working because the tv was too loud and I kept opening my eyes when I opened them once and standing in the doorway of my room was what can only be described as the grim reaper. Then as soon as I blinked it was gone and I was like "wtf did I just see?" And right afterwards I just fell asleep like nothing happened. I've never seen it again and I've never forgotten it. It was shadowy and stood taller than the doorframe and I think it had a scythe and just stood there and vanished. Never looked into it or anything cause I figured people would call me crazy

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I understand how it feels to scare psychics. I've had it happen to me on a couple of different occasions. You're finally at the point of seeking help, and they are scared batty by what you're going through. It can really make you feel isolated when you freak out peolpe who are already on the fringe of society.

Welcome to the path, the path of Courage and the path of never really knowing for sure, but the path of Know Thyself.

My gut tells me that spirit is protecting you somehow.

Were you put under when you had surgery?....

I almost didn't make it through that when I had surgery, so.... This being might have something to do with being put under. Either by moving your assemblage point to a new place so that you can see it or getting its attention somehow.

Yet there is another scenario which might be the case. If it is, believe me you're not the only one.

You might have made a deal with this being. The only way to really find out is to ask.

The brave ones are asked to do the craziest of things, so take heart and realize that spirit never gives you anything you can't handle. Good luck brother

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
My house is (rightfully) still "inhabited" but it's original owner. I started getting a feeling of being watched from the far back corner of the property at the fence line about 8 months after moving in. It didnt really scare me, and after confirming there wasnt an actual "person" out there just accepted that it was part of the property somehow. It doesnt bother the dogs, either, when they go investigate so I have no problems with my watcher. While the initial sense of "is someone out there doing this" kinda irked me, I have come to find a sort of comfort now that Im being looked over. And as I enjoy gazing out my back windows or sitting in the yard at night I think its really cool someone else is there enjoying it with me. Only thing better would be the honor of seeing or making a contact with my fellow "nightdreamer"...

h_gearhart

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join