It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Anonymous' hacks Revolution Muslim for South Park Fattwa!!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by YehudasTheEnabler
Sorry i dont see that in the statement at all as i cleary stated,presumption is the mother of all screwups.

Treat others how You wish to be treated.

Well i guess we'll have to agree to disagree, some of us read a little beyond what people simply claim, next you'll be saying you fully believe everything a politician says because they make an official statement

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heliocentric
Let's just say that if South Park can mock the subject, so can I.

You don't have to take it personally, after all it's not your saying.

Because southpark can mock the subject this gives you the right to?i was afraid of things like this.you are correct in that it wasnt my saying but that gives you no right to try and mock what i was trying to put across.You didnt have an answer for it so you decided to mock it instead.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Because southpark can mock the subject this gives you the right to?i was afraid of things like this.you are correct in that it wasnt my saying but that gives you no right to try and mock what i was trying to put across.You didnt have an answer for it so you decided to mock it instead.

No, you got it wrong. I could do it before South Park did it, just as anyone else living in a country with freedom of speech can. The only thing the law in my country forbids me is incitement to racial or ethnic hatred, which is not the case. Neither has South Park (for god's sake, the only thing they did was to portray the so called Prophet Mohammad in a bear costume) done so, nor the Danish and Swedish cartoonists that now have a fatwa and a $ 1 million reward on their heads.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Heliocentric]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984

Sorry i dont see that in the statement at all as i cleary stated,presumption is the mother of all screwups.

Well i guess we'll have to agree to disagree, some of us read a little beyond what people simply claim, next you'll be saying you fully believe everything a politician says because they make an official statement

Sure your not just seeing what you want to see?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

No, you got it wrong. I could do it before South Park did it, just as anyone else living in a country with freedom of speech can. The only thing the law in my country forbids me is incitement to racial or ethnic hatred, which is not the case. Neither has South Park (for god's sake, the only thing they did was to portray the so called Prophet Mohammad in a bear costume) done so, nor the Danish and Swedish cartoonists that now have a fatwa and a $ 1 million reward on their heads.

But comeon you must be able to see that this isnt going to help anyone?Whilst i could sit here and depict mohammed however i wished but why would i want to,what would be the point of defacing mohammed except to rile those who consider him important up?Whilst i agree with freespeech this has more to do with respecting peoples beliefs it goes hand in hand with respecting people.In no way is hacking into a site and changing its views to suit your own freespeech,infact it is the opposite.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

But comeon you must be able to see that this isnt going to help anyone?Whilst i could sit here and depict mohammed however i wished but why would i want to,what would be the point of defacing mohammed except to rile those who consider him important up?Whilst i agree with freespeech this has more to do with respecting peoples beliefs it goes hand in hand with respecting people.In no way is hacking into a site and changing its views to suit your own freespeech,infact it is the opposite.

First of all, comedy, satire and irony is not about 'helping' anyone, it's about addressing certain issues in society through the back door so to speak, it's the anti-thesis to the official discourse, to social conventions and taboos, and the stronger the reaction to it, then more it is efficient in what it's doing.

Whether I personally agree or not is besides the point, the fact that the right to do so exists and needs to be protected is what matters.

As far as I'm concerned, you can picture the so called Prophet Mohammad in any way you like, because:

a): He was only a man, and any man can be depicted.

b): I don't accept the Quran as the word of God, I'm therefore not obligated to respect any of its conventions.

Is there anything upon this Earth that cannot be laughed about, including God? Nope.

In general, intelligence gets my respect, fatwas don't.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

But comeon you must be able to see that this isnt going to help anyone?Whilst i could sit here and depict mohammed however i wished but why would i want to,what would be the point of defacing mohammed except to rile those who consider him important up?

This is where I have to disagree. Free speech is the ability to depict anyone in a satirical fashion for any reason we see fit, without fearing "death" by followers of that faith or person. That means you don't get to stop others from expressing themselves, even if you don't like it.

By the logic in your post, I shouldn't bash Obama, because people voted for him. I should not bash Catholicism about the pedo priests, because people follow Catholicism. I shouldn't bash Wesley Snipes about tax evasion, because..he's famous.

This is the true path to oppression. When we alter our legal behavior in favor of another groups preference; based on the fear of repercussion, we no longer have any freedoms at all. No amount of pacifistic murmuring will hide the true intention of such a statement.

Lastly, when you "quote" sayings from people in history. It is common practice to give credit to the person who quoted it in the first place. If a quote is important enough to remember, so then is the person who quoted it. So with respect to the many people we all take quotes from, give credit where credit is due, and not say "A great man once said".... (this is not a command, but a suggestion to help make you look less of a fool in your writing.)

I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~ Voltaire, Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Do you see how much nicer that is.

..Ex

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by v3_exceed

But comeon you must be able to see that this isnt going to help anyone?Whilst i could sit here and depict mohammed however i wished but why would i want to,what would be the point of defacing mohammed except to rile those who consider him important up?

This is where I have to disagree. Free speech is the ability to depict anyone in a satirical fashion for any reason we see fit, without fearing "death" by followers of that faith or person. That means you don't get to stop others from expressing themselves, even if you don't like it.

By the logic in your post, I shouldn't bash Obama, because people voted for him. I should not bash Catholicism about the pedo priests, because people follow Catholicism. I shouldn't bash Wesley Snipes about tax evasion, because..he's famous.

This is the true path to oppression. When we alter our legal behavior in favor of another groups preference; based on the fear of repercussion, we no longer have any freedoms at all. No amount of pacifistic murmuring will hide the true intention of such a statement.

Lastly, when you "quote" sayings from people in history. It is common practice to give credit to the person who quoted it in the first place. If a quote is important enough to remember, so then is the person who quoted it. So with respect to the many people we all take quotes from, give credit where credit is due, and not say "A great man once said".... (this is not a command, but a suggestion to help make you look less of a fool in your writing.)

I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it. ~ Voltaire, Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Do you see how much nicer that is.

..Ex

I believe in freespeech but its a right everyone has,comparing obama etc to mohammed is foolish, muslims do not see him merely as a man.it is not right to punish the majority for something the minorty has said/done.Do you class hacking into a site and changing its views to suit your own freespeech?
What they asked for was well within there rights as far as im concerned with the way the western world views muslims today.Instead of trying to calm things down seems alot of people want to stir things up,with everything thats going on its just not needed.
Does that make me look like a fool?come down of your high horse.You could have u2u me to say that instead you took the approach of trying to make me look silly in the thread,this is what my other friend referred to as "reading between the lines".thankyou for your imput though is most interesting hearing peoples views on this.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I believe in freespeech but its a right everyone has,comparing obama etc to mohammed is foolish, muslims do not see him merely as a man.it is not right to punish the majority for something the minorty has said/done.Do you class hacking into a site and changing its views to suit your own freespeech?
What they asked for was well within there rights as far as im concerned with the way the western world views muslims today.Instead of trying to calm things down seems alot of people want to stir things up,with everything thats going on its just not needed.
Does that make me look like a fool?come down of your high horse.You could have u2u me to say that instead you took the approach of trying to make me look silly in the thread,this is what my other friend referred to as "reading between the lines".thankyou for your imput though is most interesting hearing peoples views on this.

I'm sorry, but in spite of what you claim, but rather based on your reasoning, you do not believe in free speech.

You believe in 'free speech' as long as it does not touch upon certain subjects, which is a negation of free speech.

You might as well call it the way you see it.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Their point was illustrated perfectly by Comedy Central!
Lets hope the DVD has the uncensored version!

The bear suit killed me lol!!! HAHAHAHAH

[edit on 25-4-2010 by Niccawhois]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but in spite of what you claim, but rather based on your reasoning, you do not believe in free speech.

You believe in 'free speech' as long as it does not touch upon certain subjects, which is a negation of free speech.

You might as well call it the way you see it.

Not at all,i cant even see what i wrote to get that response.Is it because i dont think southpark should have shown the programme?.The problem is i dont view southpark as being a medium for freespeech,quite the opposite in fact,but thankyou none the less for your response.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I believe in freespeech but

Here is the essence of your retort. "I believe in freespeech but". The rest of your reply is in slicing the hairs of magnitude. How can you claim to know how extreme others belief in Obama is? If I believe he is more than a Man, how can you say he is not? Surly not because this hasn't been believed for as long, or by as many. The moment you make a claim like it is foolish to compare the two, you open the same can of worms the Muslims are whining about.

Just like the Muslims, you profess one thing for them and something else for everyone else.

What they asked for? They asked nothing, what they did was issue an ultimatum. If you do this then ...blah blah blah.

"Instead of trying to calm things down seems alot of people want to stir things up,with everything thats going on its just not needed? The whole premise of this thread is that the Muslim faith has found a way to attempt to oppress the entire world with their intolerance, and you are defending it.

You look like a fool because you preach one thing, but show another. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you...Indeed.

I did read your previous postings, which is why I wrote what i did with respect to quoting others. Perhaps you should try living what you preach. And since you are so apt at reading between the lines, perhaps you might consider that I wrote that for the benefit of many others who also quote without reference and may be reading this thread.

..Ex

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   

(for god's sake, the only thing they did was to portray the so called Prophet Mohammad in a bear costume)

And actually... they didn't even do that!
If you saw the 2nd part you know it was santa claus in the bear costume!
Its actually pretty funny. A sort of schrödingers mohammed if you will.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

I believe in freespeech but

Here is the essence of your retort. "I believe in freespeech but". The rest of your reply is in slicing the hairs of magnitude. How can you claim to know how extreme others belief in Obama is? If I believe he is more than a Man, how can you say he is not? Surly not because this hasn't been believed for as long, or by as many. The moment you make a claim like it is foolish to compare the two, you open the same can of worms the Muslims are whining about.

Just like the Muslims, you profess one thing for them and something else for everyone else.

What they asked for? They asked nothing, what they did was issue an ultimatum. If you do this then ...blah blah blah.

"Instead of trying to calm things down seems alot of people want to stir things up,with everything thats going on its just not needed? The whole premise of this thread is that the Muslim faith has found a way to attempt to oppress the entire world with their intolerance, and you are defending it.

You look like a fool because you preach one thing, but show another. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you...Indeed.

I did read your previous postings, which is why I wrote what i did with respect to quoting others. Perhaps you should try living what you preach. And since you are so apt at reading between the lines, perhaps you might consider that I wrote that for the benefit of many others who also quote without reference and may be reading this thread.

..Ex

Sorry i think that you misunderstand me,coming out with insults towards me says more about yourself than me,What you have said about me is incorrect.I can clearly see that some of what i have said has upset you,for this im sorry but im entitled to my views.If you actually knew me i doubt you would throw such accusations around.What have i professed for myself?you are entitled to have your views about me but are insults really called for?

edit-seems some people see were im coming from going by the stars on my posts,but then you are entitled to your view

[edit on 25-4-2010 by YehudasTheEnabler]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Sorry i think that you misunderstand me,coming out with insults towards me says more about yourself than me,What you have said about me is incorrect.I can clearly see that some of what i have said has upset you,for this im sorry but im entitled to my views.If you actually knew me i doubt you would throw such accusations around.What have i professed for myself?you are entitled to have your views about me but are insults really called for?

edit-seems some people see were im coming from going by the stars on my posts,but then you are entitled to your view

Bold part added by me.

So you are allowed to have your views even if they have upset someone, but the South Park guys can't have their views because it upsets some Muslim extremists. Your argument is falling apart at the seams.

Also i didn't really see any insults, only someone questioning your ideas. As for stars on your posts, well i don't see any on this page at the moment but i see plenty on the posts of those who disagree with you.

[edit on 25-4-2010 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Just for the record I would like to point out that not ALL Muslims were offended. Just those with a stick up their butt.

Some Muslims do indeed understand the meaning of Satire and are adult enough to be able to take a joke and laugh at it. South Park did not call for the Killing of Muslims, but SOME muslims have advocated the Killing of two satirists. Seems pretty clear who is making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Anonymous simply turned their nonsense back upon them. I say good for them. I don't even watch South Park, but I respect their right to engage in social commentary through comedy and satire.

How many Christians advocated the killing of Monty Python members after they made so many jokes about the Christian God? Holy Hand grenades!! The film The Life of Brain was banned briefly by ignorant government fools, but today it is known as one of the best British comedy films ever made. I do not recall anyone talking about Killing Graham Chapman over it.

If you do not like it, you don't have to watch it. Nothing South Park can create will ever change the teachings of the Qur'an. Since this is a fact then why get upset? It simply shows a childish insecurity and a tendency for ignorant violence.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by debunky

(for god's sake, the only thing they did was to portray the so called Prophet Mohammad in a bear costume)

And actually... they didn't even do that!
If you saw the 2nd part you know it was santa claus in the bear costume!
Its actually pretty funny. A sort of schrödingers mohammed if you will.

Which means that this whole story is even more ridiculous than I thought, perhaps even more ridiculous than the whole spin around Salman Rushdie's book "The Satanic Verses."

Anyone here remember that?

In short, Rushdie's book was perceived by the Muslim community as blasphemous towards Islam (if you read through it there really isn't much to whine about, which the imams and mullahs that condemned it would have know had they read it, but since it touched upon a controversial passage in the Quran, it was enough.)

let me give you wikis run-down on the events:

In the Muslim community the novel caused great controversy for what many Muslims believed were blasphemous references. As the controversy spread, the book was banned in India and burned in demonstrations in the United Kingdom. In mid-February 1989, following a violent riot against the book in Pakistan, the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, Supreme Leader of Iran and a Shi'a Muslim scholar, issued a fatwa calling on all good Muslims to kill Rushdie and his publishers, or to point him out to those who can kill him if they cannot themselves.[7]
Following the fatwa, Rushdie was put under police protection by the British government. Despite a conciliatory statement by Iran in 1998, and Rushdie's declaration that he would stop living in hiding, the Iranian state news agency reported in 2006 that the fatwa would remain in place permanently since fatwas can only be rescinded by the person who first issued them, and Khomeini had since died.[8]
As of early 2010 Rushdie has not been physically harmed, but others connected with the book have suffered violent attacks. Hitoshi Igarashi, the Japanese language translator of the book, was stabbed to death on 11 July 1991; Ettore Capriolo, the Italian language translator, was seriously injured in a stabbing the same month; William Nygaard, the publisher in Norway, barely survived an attempted assassination in Oslo in October 1993, and Aziz Nesin, the Turkish language translator, was the intended target in the events that led to the Sivas massacre on 2 July 1993 in Sivas, Turkey, which resulted in the deaths of 37 people.

All this because of a misunderstanding and a super-inflated religious ego.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Sorry i think that you misunderstand me

Ok, I really don't misunderstand you. I have seen you, in one manifestation or another in many many other posts. You've been here 3 days, and an expert on how others should think....nice.

The one star next to your post, is a freebie, meaning click here to give this post a star and not a recommendation of your opinion. Kissing up to Muslims will get you a few agreeable stars, but doesn't change the hypocrisy of your position or yourself.

Treat others how You wish to be treated...Indeed

..Ex

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I personally am a fan of South Park and hope that fears and intimidation from 'warnings' said by Muslim people won't change the course for South Park. This got me upset because as many people have said, Muslims are living in a country where they can have freedom of speech but not South Park?
Are you that upset for a joke??!!

I hope South Park won't change a bit because of 'warnings'.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Sorry i think that you misunderstand me

Ok, I really don't misunderstand you. I have seen you, in one manifestation or another in many many other posts. You've been here 3 days, and an expert on how others should think....nice.

The one star next to your post, is a freebie, meaning click here to give this post a star and not a recommendation of your opinion. Kissing up to Muslims will get you a few agreeable stars, but doesn't change the hypocrisy of your position or yourself.

Treat others how You wish to be treated...Indeed

..Ex

Yet more insults,i dont try and force my opinion and im not telling you what to think i just give my views, i most certainly do not go around telling other members what they are and what they are not.yes ive been here 3 days which means what exactly? i dont have a right to my own views?Kissing up to muslims?Sometimes i am bewildered by the comments thrown around on here.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join