It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Men In Black III

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
x17online.com...

Just read this, it supposed to be released in May of 2011. I love the MIB movies and i'm happy they're making a third, an I think final installment. Both Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith are returning!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I'd go see it...big fan of the films, but mostly because Tommy Lee Jones' character is awesome... But, it's nice to see the tongue in cheek treatment of CT'ers too....

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wondering302

The first movie was original, and the second one was a rehash of the first one. The third one will be in 3D, meaning Sony wants a boat load of money in their coffers. I do not know what they can do to make this one good, but I will take a wait and see attitude.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
cant wait to see this

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

The 3D thing worries me too, I don't understand all the hoopla about it. But, I guess it's the future....anything to get people into a theatre...or they could go buy on of these www.dlp.com...

posted on Apr, 26 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
You have to expect it to be a little campy...it is what it is...

The sequel wasn't as good, but it did have it's good points... (especially the video store owner scenes, or when Tommy Lee blew off Shalub's head, not realizing it grows back)....

I'd expect the 3D one to be even more campy...but eh...will still be entertaining.

posted on May, 1 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wondering302
reply to post by kidflash2008

The 3D thing worries me too, I don't understand all the hoopla about it. But, I guess it's the future....anything to get people into a theatre...or they could go buy on of these www.dlp.com...

Isn't that what they said about 3D in the 80's. I remember quite a few movies in that format. Didn't make it far. The same thing with these 3D tvs coming out. It's all a fad. This is the 80's infatuation gen.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by divinetragedy79

I wouldn't put it down to a Fad, not with the likes of 3D gaming.
I wouldn't go out and get the first iterations of a 3D home entertainment system, but give it a few years and they will have some pretty amazing stuff.

Have you seen anything like Avatar or Alice in Wonderland?
I've seen them both in non 3D and they are pretty spectacular movies even without the 3D, Now if I had seen them in 3D I would be blown away.

I was on the side of "3D sucks" until I saw these in non 3D, they aren't as gimmicky as one might think.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The release date has been set: May 25, 2012 (Memorial Day Weekend tentpole pic):

www.deadline.com...

It will be in 3D and Will Smith committed to it.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Damn.

I love the MIB franchise, but 3-D formats give me severe headaches.

I'd love to see this in a theatre, but if there isn't a "no 3-D" option, I'll have to wait for the DVD.

Awesome news though.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
3D? Why this?

But it's cool to have another MIB. Hopefullythey do not rush to this too much... But the releasedate let'sme hope that they do think about what they are doing a lot.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Let's face it...the whole 3D thing is just a way for theaters to get people back to going out for a movie vs. watching it on a big screen at home...

And for the most part, it's been a successful strategy...

The tech has come a LONG way from the 3D movies of the 80's too, so there is that....

Lets hope it spurs Universal (Orlando) to do a major update to it's MIB ride though, as it's kind of lame.....(basically, you ride in a buggy shooting laser tag at pop-up, weakly animatronic aliens...) The entry into the ride (looking like MIB HQ) is actually better than the ride itself....

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
My son and I love the Men In Black movies. In fact its his favorite, so ill definetly be taking him to the movies to see that. But in 3D? Im not a fan of the whole 3D thing.

Excited to see this though! Thanks for the heads up.

new topics

top topics

join