It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich: Tea Party will become ‘militant wing’ of GOP

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

I think its unfortunant that so many people see the tea party in this light. As I've said I support the tea party movement in many ways although I havent had time due to work commitments to actually attend a rally. I'll give you some more examples of ways we tea party people operate. I belong and am a contributing member of this mans run for congress,yes he has chosen to run on the republican ticket but as you can see he is a new face on the party.

kokeshforcongress.com...

I also belong to and support these people. www.campaignforliberty.com...
so you see our core beliefs are the presevation of liberty,responsibility of our representatives and an end to corruption and corptocracy. Long live the republic.

[edit on 4/24/10 by nickoli]

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

I do not doubt that the "Tea Party" is putting a "new face" on the Grand Old Party. Joan Rivers has had several new faces put on her, and she is still the same old woman with a gravelly voice.

The rhetoric of the "Tea Party" may be different and they may have some "new faces," but at the core they are the Republicans. They might deny this, put these denials are mere puffing.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I think Newt is almost 100% right.

The TPM is nothing more than a bunch of neocons who took over a movement that was going somewhere.

People who wanted to save their country are treated like scum by The TPM, I know many will come and say I am wrong but I can prove I campaigned with Ron Paul and I am a first hand witness to the treatment we got from the mainstream Republicans.

They kicked out all of the true Patriots and dance happily for their Republican masters, they say Ron Paul is bad but Sara Palin is good?

Mad about healthcare for the poor, mad about no war in Iran, mad that they are not in control.

I wonder when the TPM will start putting up checkpoints in their towns?

Imagine a group who love war and death claiming that they will save America from the Evil Barack Obama.

I hope the Government comes down hard on these fools, they deserve it for the 8 years of silence and ridicule we got from them.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hotpinkurinalmint

I think you'll see that the repubs who do survive our wrath will have to come to us not we to them. Those who voted for the bailouts will probably fall only time will tell I guess. Maybe I'll vote libertarian I dont know yet,while I support the audit the fed bill I'm not completely sure Ron Paul is the answer either and I certainly wont vote for Palin just because shes a republican. As of now I'm quite pleased with my current representatives as they have voted against tarp against heath care reform and they've signed on to the audit the fed bill. So in essence they are currently in line with my views and I will vote for them come reelection time.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
The majority of the TP members I spoke to were white, and from the political right.

So you didn't talk to anyone who is a Democrat or an Independent. At least it explains your viewpoint. No worries, I'll waste no more of my time trying to persuade you of things you have no desire to see.

Is for FOX ok in your eyes? Are they the "voice of the people"?

Nope. Fox isn't much better, they're just the only ones who didn't go out of their way to ridicule an entire group of people based on the worst examples they could cherry pick out of the crowd. Thus the reason I didn't mention them.

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
From most of what I have seen a-lot of tea people are just regular folk who have had enough of both partys incompetence, failure, violence, lies, corruption, hypocrisy and all that GOP/DNC toe tapping in the mens room business as usual stuff.

Parrot television inspired divisive labels at them all day, these people are still our brother and sisters on team "us".. who have been getting finger banged by team "them" for generations.

Be f'n thankful there are 1000s of your fellow over-taxed-under-paid-mortgage challenged-fed up with "them" citizen plebs out there rallying under the colored cloth and name of a party that's not the GOP or DNC... writing off your fellow angry tax slave because of youtube or the internet is a bad mistake, that I'm sure those pusillanimous DC mafia proto-fascist bottom-feeder super scum appreciate.

Personally, I'd love nothing more than to see a dozen or so tea party "crazies" elected and watch as they float around the US political royalty punch bowel like turds.. in the process of frustrating ALL those 2-party "them" who sold "us" out a long time ago. Nothing would make me happier than to watch every single party leader driven into drug REHAB by a flood of pissed-off regular non chinese/banker gangster owned citizens.

I'm sure most of them would have tragic plane accidents while committing suicide however.. here's an idea for the "us" team haters, take your own sign that says "both partys suck", then use your charisma and magic personality to create an anti-2 party following that has one agenda: rejecting the GOP & DNC... your rock star status will get you on oprah before team "them" cheats by unleashing the jackals... once a martyr, a sizable 3rd party will be named in your honor... now wouldn't that better that just crapping on your fellow struggling tired of being kicked-in-the-sac citizens?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The TP just needs to be careful and distance themselves early enough from racists, bigots, and weirdos who hold signs like "time to water the trees of freedom with the blood of...". In general, it would help their cause a lot of they distance themselves from fringe groups like the Christian fundamentalists and others...because even if they're a minority within the TP, they'll still put the whole movement in a bad light.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

Adam Kokesh is a Patriot and a hero.

Here is a video of the treatment he got from the "Tea Party" during the primaries.

www.youtube.com...

Sure they did not call themselves the tea party at the time but they are the same damn people, they should be called what they are, neocons.

It is funny how the "Tea Party" attacks a man when Bush is in the White House and then lionizes him when it’s convenient.
The "Tea Party" sent him to war with their silence and spit on him when he spoke out against it. now they want to be friends its freaking DISGUSTING.

They stole everything (even the name) from the Ron Paul Revolution right after they smeared his campaign and ridiculed him in the press, I was there and I lived it.

It was not Barack Obama that brought America to where we are today, it was all the brown nosed "conservatives" who attacked anyone who spoke up, loved their daddy Bush, his wars, his abuses of the Constitution, his treason on 9/11 and all the other problems he created for us.

Why all the concern now, could it be a person of color in the White House wont let them sleep at night?

I know full well that the Democrats are no good but I will be damned if I side with a bunch of hypocrite warmonger racists who would rather see wars than schools.

I know some Patriots have stood behind to try and reason with the "Tea Party" but it’s a total waste of time and any who read this should understand that the Tea Party will turn on you sooner or later.

They are jackals and I have seen it first hand.

They want to turn us against the President when they are even more dirty than he is.

You know in my home state I cant get insurance outside of work because of a preexisting condition that was a result of 9/11.

My Family does not have health insurance because I cant afford it.

If I add my Son and Wife to my work plan it goes from $150 a month to $849 per month, this is what the Tea Party calls freedom?

Lady Rothschild on stage with Sara Palin and yet these fools do not see, if it was not so sad it would be funny.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

That's what I used to think.

Go to any Tea Party movement and watch how their goddess Sara Palin is being wooed and labeled as the answer to all of mankind's problems

Watch Rudy Giuliani get lionized while the Tea Party spits on ground zero workers because the dare ask questions about 9/11.

Listen to their plans to go crazy if they are not put back into control.

The Tea Party is nothing more than a name change for the G.O.P

They maybe righteously mad but its only because its a black man pulling the trigger, if it was McCain they would go lie on their stomachs and wait with a smile.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by samhouston1886

Not sure how to reply to this. I am a supporter of Adam Kokesh and I support SOME of the tea partys principles, I do not blindly follow anyone.

As I stated I have not attended a tea party rally and probably wont but I still support them and am more politically aligned with them far more than I am our current leadership.

Fyi ,there was no tea party prior to 2008 so they couldnt have supported the gwot when Adam was deployed because they didnt exist.

Irregardless of who was behind 9/11 it was definantly islamist extremist who carried it out,it was definantly islamic extremist who bombed the cole it was definantly islamic extremist who bombed our embassy in Beruit so like it or not we are at war with Islamic extremists and they are at war with us. They will attack us weather we are over there or not and anyone else who doesnt agree with their extremist views including their own people, they do it everyday. So yes I go on record because of Beruit because of Somalia because of the Cole because of 9/11 I support tgwot.

[edit on 4/25/10 by nickoli]

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
rawstory.com...

Former President Bill Clinton got into trouble with conservatives after he compared today's political climate with the climate preceding the Oklahoma City bombing. Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich seems to be having a moment of his own: in a little-noticed appearance Wednesday, he suggested that the Tea Party will become the "militant wing of the Republican Party."

But this time, conservatives aren't up in arms.

While speaking at an event in York County, Pennsylvania Wednesday, Gingrich left some in the audience scratching their heads. According to the The York Dispatch, Gingrich said the movement is a "natural expression of frustration with Republicans and anger at Democrats," which is "more likely to end up as the militant wing of the Republican Party" than a third party.

How anyone can take Newt seriously is beyond me. But perhaps he may have it right this time; as the TPM seems to be more and more coopted by the neocons and less and less of a grass roots movement.

I find it hard to predict the future of the TPM with exgov Palin on one side and Dr. Ron Paul on the other.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by whaaa]

All parties have "militant wings" most movements have "militant wings".

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I happen to know several involved with Tea party,and reading some of the post's seems some with little to no knowledge are flapping their gum's just to be heard ones I know are well educated,financially secure,not the kind that are looking for a hand out,bail out,or a free lunch,both the GOP and Dem's are running scared from tea party as they see possibly a 60% of voting power going to Tea party,of course Govt will try to make them look bad,why look what they have done to the USA

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

Thats true Oldtimer the tea party is getting attacked from all side because they are not coming under the fold so to speak. A recent poll by fox showed that 1 in 6 voters are aligned with the tea partys core principles and that spells big trouble for incumbents who voted for the bailouts and health care,its simple, they are scared.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by nickoli

Not sure how to reply to this. I am a supporter of Adam Kokesh and I support SOME of the tea partys principles, I do not blindly follow anyone.

As I stated I have not attended a tea party rally and probably wont but I still support them and am more politically aligned with them far more than I am our current leadership.

Fyi ,there was no tea party prior to 2008 so they couldnt have supported the gwot when Adam was deployed because they didnt exist.

Irregardless of who was behind 9/11 it was definantly islamist extremist who carried it out,it was definantly islamic extremist who bombed the cole it was definantly islamic extremist who bombed our embassy in Beruit so like it or not we are at war with Islamic extremists and they are at war with us. They will attack us weather we are over there or not and anyone else who doesnt agree with their extremist views including their own people, they do it everyday. So yes I go on record because of Beruit because of Somalia because of the Cole because of 9/11 I support tgwot.

[edit on 4/25/10 by nickoli]

So you are saying that you support a war that has killed over 750,000 Civilians and destroyed the lives of countless American military personnel because of things like 9/11?

You support 9/11 so much that you never bothered to know that high level whistle blowers such as Robert Baer, Ray McGovern, Lt. Col. Anthony Shaffer and many others have flat out said publicly that there is a conspiracy and that we need to reopen 9/11?

You said that the Tea Party did not exist prior to 2008, are you a liar or just ignorant?

Here is video from 2006
www.boston911truth.org...

All of your knowledge is from soundbites off of a television and you come here to tell me who "definantly" did what?

As far as supporting the troops I would say that people like you are their biggest enemies, from 2003 to 2008 the TPM aka neocons applauded the war, as soon as the Black Man went into Office they started to "claim" they are against the war but its all B.S

I know the only thing that really moves the TPM is if the war is going to end or that Obama has not nuked Iran yet.

As far as the Arabs go, we are over there and as long as we stay we will have that problems so logic would dictate we leave but people like you don't want to leave, you don't want to go but you want our troops over there risking their lives for the bankers profit.

You cant expect people not to fight when they are invaded, bombed, tortured, raped and killed.

If you are in a mans backyard raping his wife, torturing and raping his sons and killing his mother with hi tech weapons what other choice do you give him?

Hell.. the TPM wants an armed march on D.C so that they can "water the tree of liberty" with Obamas blood for far less than what has been been done the Iraqis, again another fine example of the hypocrisy of the TPM.

If they get violent I hope the Gov crushes them using the same tools they watched on T.V and drooled over as the Iraqi's cities burned.

What goes around comes around.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

All parties have "militant wings" most movements have "militant wings".

100% correct, so what makes TPM think they are militants in the right?

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Were getting o/t here and the 9/11 tea party for truth thing is not the same tea party that started over tarp and not the movement Newt is referring to I dont believe,I could be wrong,I'm certainly not perfect.

I'm not against our troops I'd like them home but bringing them home wont stop the extremists. I'm all for isolationalism but I'm also for an overwhelming responce when we are attacked. Not some limp wristed gesture like Clinton made after our Marines were killed in Beruit. I'll bet you if you ask our soldiers they feel the same way.

Like it or not America is a global superpower with bases all over the world and as long as we are that we have to respond to those who would dare attack us . We either have to get in or get out,there are no inbetweens we cant allow our soldiers to be attacked without responce.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
Wouldn't it have been nice if 1000s of enlightened 1930s germans split from the prominent political party and rallied with enough strength and fervor to de-rail, or just weaken, hitlers nazi party? the tea party doesn't have to stand for any set of principles / policies or conform with the gop/dnc norms of having plastic metrosexual phonies smile out lies.. let it be just an angry anti 2 party / establishment blend of disgruntled right/left wing activists, hippies, stoners, and other pissed off undefined US citizens who have had enough as they mob together and irritate both DC mafia families.

Sure that would have been nice, but we should also remember that the Nazi Party was a third, independent party. The Germans were disillusioned with their traditional two parties, and that helped the new Nazi Party gain followers.

Maybe it would have been nice if the Germans had stuck to the two-party system... Just saying.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by nickoli

I understand what you are trying to say but if you were ever deployed to the ME you would understand that they are not like you or I.

They love to fight, just the sight of our troops there is enough to set them off.
Their lives suck because we bombed their country into the stone ages and continue to slaughter people everyday.

What does it matter to them if the guy who blew up your kids did it by accident?

Once, twice, three times but we are in the tens of thousands so only our departure can help these people heal.

We say sorry and leave, we put the guilty on trial and and the lives of the dead would have not been in vain, out of their sacrifice we might end the elites stranglehold on this Country.

The TPM hates Obama, hypothetically how would you feel if Iraq invaded U.S and killed 5% of the population and poisoned our land with D.U in the name of saving us from Obama?

How would you feel to be known as a terrorist because you fought an occupation of your country?

Bring our troops home and have them rebuild or infrastructure, patrol the border, make their lives normal again, reunite them with their families.

I lived through 9/11 and it infuriates me to no end when people who don't know anything about what happened that day use it to justify what has been done.

9/11 is the key to understanding Americas problems but the G.O.P followers dont want to hear it so I don't want to hear from them.

posted on Apr, 27 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Sorry buddy but Fox News is the voice of the Tea Party, there can be no doubt of this.

As far as the "Tea Party Democrats" I don't see how Democrats could join up with people who call them "bottom feeders"

Face it, the Tea Party is the G.O.P with a hastily applied paint job.

If they grow stronger and come into power, they will be the first openly fascist government in the U.S.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join