It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about Moon Conpiracy Theories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I have to self disclose up front. I dont believe for a second in 99% of what I read on ATS. NWO, 2012, shadow government, bigfoot, etc. I just dont have that much faith in men to be able to manage the constant coverups and deceptions required to perpetuate some of these theories. I am not criticizing, I just dont believe it is possible. I do believe there are secrets being kept by governments, but not for the reason of hiding something from humanity. More along the lines of technologies and capabilities. Coming from a highly technical background (aerospace), I find the occam's razor principle to be very true in most situations.

Anyway....I do have a question about moon conspiracy.

There seem to be several camps on this one. First you have the group that says we never landed, it was all staged. Then you have the group that says we did land and found or did more than NASA is telling us (like Lear's theories on why it takes the shuttle SO long to dock with the ISS). Then there is a group that says we are still there today living and working in cities which are hidden in craters.

How do these separate positions all develop from the same set of data? We all hear the same interviews, see the same pictures, etc. But there are four distinct groups (well maybe three).

I would be interested in a poll on ATS to see where the divisions are:

1. Moon Landings happened as advertised.
2. Moon Landings staged.
3. Moon Landings happened, but there is more to the story. (ie. alien tech, etc)
4. Moon Landings happened, and we are still there today.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Rapacious]

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Rapacious]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
You forgot: "Moon landings happened using Tesla/ back engineered alien technologies." I'm not sure why you'd fake a moon landing on a back lot when you could film on location, but there are a surprising number of people who believe this.

For purposes of the survey, I am in the "happened as advertised" camp. NASA's biggest secret about Apollo is that the astronauts were completely unnecessary to the mission, as the Mars Rover program has demonstrated.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Hey, interesting thread.

If you want to take a poll, then my vote is option 3, but I'm more than open to being wrong and I like the idea of the Tesla suggestion.

Have you seen the Iron Sky trailer? If not youtube it, good viewing.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I'm not sure that you have listed all of the options available.

According to Richard C. Hoagland, our first moon landing was in 1962 using either ET technologies recovered and reverse engineered from Roswell or Tesla anti gravity technology, or a combination of both. He also maintains that the U.S. has a secret space program which operates out of Antarctica with full utilization of anti gravity technology.

IMO, The largest hurdle that NASA would have faced in going to the moon with the Apollo 11 mission in 1969 is how to protect the astronauts from radiation exposure once they had traveled beyond the Van Allen belt. From what I understand, the amount of shielding required to protect them from radiation would have made the spacecraft to heavy for the trip. Then there are those who would promote the theory that Apollo 11 was successful but only with the help of ETs who provided the shielding.

Then there is the group that insist that our government has developed "Jump Room" technologies enabling us to teleport to bases located on both the moon and Mars. It is also said that these jump rooms exist in many secret bases around the world and that this technology is also utilized to traverse from base to base.

My point is this, if our government does indeed possess even half of the technology put forth in some of these theories then whether or not we actually landed on the moon in 1969 is almost irrelevant.

The one thing I think we do know is that NASA, more often than not, is hiding much more than they are revealing.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

I figured there were other theories or combinations. I think most of the things you put forth could be lumped into #3. "We did it, but there is more to the story". Ill edit my orignal post to be more descriptive.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I'm in camp 1 as well.

I think it was done as advertised, and then the political will to go further disappeared. And it seems more difficult to do now because of health and safety issues that were simply ignored in the past, and the bloated budget eating beaurocracy (?) that is now part of NASA

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

NASA's biggest secret about Apollo is that the astronauts were completely unnecessary to the mission.

It wasn't a big secret. If you look how the design was developed, they had to build certian things first to ensure the survival of the astronauts. That took them from being the first priority, to the last!

Apollo I was an excellent example of not paying attention to the First priority, which is space craft must function first! Or Astronauts don't matter!!

Next for the Poll, I am...They had gone and done stuff they don't want no one to know about!

[edit on 23-4-2010 by theability]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I probably believe options 2 and 3.

What was shown to the public was staged either for the purposes of propaganda, as a way to syphon off loads of funding to be used for other projects or as a cover for using more advanced technology than we were allowed to know about.

If it was the last option,I don't think the tech was alien. Possibly the German scientists had more to offer than it was felt safe to disclose or an invention by Tesla was utilised or adapted.

I also believe that the moon is artificial

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I think option 3. We have pictures of the landing sites on the moon but there is a lot of evidence that much of it was shot in a studio. Yes I think we landed there, no I don't think we have the whole story.

Alien or not, there was something up there that didn't include the public as "need to know".

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I also think option 3 (Moon Landings happened, but there is more to the story).

Especially now Obama doesn't want to go back...

Brave.

join