It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force Launches Secretive Space Plane; 'We Don't Know When It's Coming Back'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
oh oh, I just think about that, reading your post :

1/ Space program will soon go to industrials and not only the NASA. It means government will have contract with some firms...

2/ USAF and Boeing are best friends

3/ Is it possible that Boeing will experience its own space shuttle to replace the old one and get contract with the government through USAF ?

4/ USAF agree with Boing only if they can try their own system (advanced weapons and other secret programs), that could explain the secret arround the X-47...

What do you think ?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I think that the USAF space program and the Naval space command are n cohoots with one another. I also think that this new shuttle is on it way to the secret space station that is up there. Last year sometime I was reading that one of the shuttle that went up to space was Taking an awfully long time to get to the international space station. Rumor circulated that it stopped at the secret space station before it docked with the ISS. I would not doubt that they are becoming more concerned with he brown dwarf that is in out solar sytem. As for mars and phoebos. I personally think that we've sent manned mission to both and have up and running bases on both as well as the moon.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

just what i thought DYNOSOUR this is one mission we DO get a little
informatin on,we been testing/sending these type's of space plane
into orbit for years IMO.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
it could be a replacement for Blackbird/Aurora.

That was my thought too. I am curious if there are any defense systems on this but it wouldn't hurt.

If the Chinese can shoot a satellite out of orbit they must be able to strike this too if it's close enough.

I am impressed with the nine months though.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Grey Magic]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Theyre launching a multibillion-dollar spacecraft and they dont have a return schedule?

could mean two things: a. its not scheduled for a return at all

b. its staying until all experiments are done

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
What if this so called secret operation is just a decoy to sway our attention from the real one going on right now behind the scenes? If so, hook, line, and sinker.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I don't understand......for years the geniuses "in the know" on the UFO forum have been telling me how the military has anti-gravity reversed engineered from Alien ufos. So if that were true why do we have news stories like this? I'm confused, surely all those folks can't be misguided by their own beliefs and delusions?

And no, this isn't a "replacement for aurora" or whatever, lol. That program was never real, as anything you could have wanted such a thing to do was already able to be handled by satellites cheaper and faster. And no, this is not Hollywood...there is no need to have a plane to get 6-12 people across the planet in a few hours in order to diffuse some international incident. The folks who give the "aurora program" legitimate weight in their minds have not thought their position through, thus they add to the ignorance about "government cover-ups". Sad, but true.

And yes, this "secret" military craft (that's been publicly developed and ALL OVER THE WEB FOR YEARS, LOL) is, in fact, a test bed to develop future space technology. And yes, it could be used as a weapons platform if they wanted to, however there are PLENTY of other weapons they would have to pass up before turning to some not-yet-implemented space platform for their "diabolical" needs.

Sometimes, conspiracy theorists are their own worst enemies, especially when it comes to "denying ignorance"

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
forum.nasaspaceflight.com...

Apparently they are transferring the X-37B in the shroud from Titusville to the pad this morning. One of our NASA guys coming in this morning noticed quite a bit of commotion at the visitors center and noted that the spacecraft and shroud were stopped in the road near the visitors center. There were numerous fire trucks and firemen in the area. He later learned that the transporter system had a hydraulic failure which was not hardware threatening but we usually carry things to extremes out here so it turned into a big circus. Also because of the sensitivity of this payload security is very tight and breaking down in the road really upsets those guys too. I am glad I don't come in from that direction. When I came through HQ area I noticed they had two security vehicles blocking the exit from out of KSC towards Titusville.

So while trying to keep this launch a secret they have a fire alarm and have every body and there brother show up. Must of made some people really upset to see a parade of fire trucks show up at there secret mission.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I don't understand how they can say they're using this for the same space operations as the older space shuttles. Unmanned aircraft cannot perform the same missions as a manned shuttle. Astronauts went into space for satellite repair, to the space station, experiments with meds in zero gravity, etc. This does seem more like a weaponized space plane that can be used for war or surveillance. Of course the military is going to say they are only using it for peaceful purposes. They're not lying when they say that because they're version of peace is nuking the bad guys to end a war, so it will be used for peaceful purposes, They just haven't clearified that yet!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
And no, this isn't a "replacement for aurora" or whatever, lol. That program was never real, as anything you could have wanted such a thing to do was already able to be handled by satellites cheaper and faster.

I generally agree with you, but the Aurora Program was a very real program in the 70s and 80s. Ask any Air Force officer, and they will tell you that they are not allowed to disclose any information about the current Aurora projects.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Heres a video of its test landings from Edwards Air Force Base.
So secretive its on youtube. sshh!!! Its top secret.

www.youtube.com...#!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Was this mentioned yet?

Could it be headed to a comet? I keep thinking of the movie Deep Impact or Armagedon without the disclosure.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
i dont know if anyone thinks the same but does anyone not see the similarities between the X-37B and the ancient alien aircraft in gold? I cant find the bloody pic though it looks very similar.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Heres a video of the launch. The wide fan as it reached lower orbit seemed unusual to me. Around 2:47 in the video.

Went from normal.

To this.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Isn't this article already posted on ATS with a lot less of the spookiness?
Also, Reuters reported it late last night: www.reuters.com...

Yeah, the AF could be doing a whole lot of secret stuff with it.. or they could be doing nothing but experiments. The military does non-sinister things, you know. As for the composition and make up of the craft, well I'd keep that a secret, too! That's no one's business but the engineers. Hell, most of the F-16 is supposed to be classified.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vicious Jones

So the air force is launching secretive space planes, while it could very well be an innocent development, I always enjoy imagining something more sinister. Could it be the first developed military space plane? We could fight off some ufos
. Honestly I don't quite know what to make of this one, mainly because not much is explained but I'm sure we could make our own theories. Interesting none the less.

www.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-4-2010 by Vicious Jones]

Secretive Planes? I guess that's why it's on Wired. Yeah, I remember when the U-2 made it's first flight it was all over the news.

Anyhow, pretty cool, I think the airforce and NASA should be one in the same. It's a great way to get around NASA's budget restrictions

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Heres a video of its test landings from Edwards Air Force Base.
So secretive its on youtube. sshh!!! Its top secret.

www.youtube.com...#!

Here is the 'mystery' I see there is two X-37B's one is Air Force X-37B Space-Plane the other is X-37B Orbital Test Vehicle. When I first found the X-37 it was the X-37a now their both called the X-37B??

X-37B (was A ?)

X-37B

Zelong.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
The only logical reason for not knowing when this craft is coming back is that it's longevity is probably a major part of this test.

It's a weird feeling - on one hand it's exciting to see advances in space technology but there's a certain feeling of dread since it's a military project.

The mini-shuttle look makes it difficult to make any guesses about it's true purpose. Still, the shuttle was/is a good thing so hopefully this will be too.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
If the ATSer's believe for a second that this was a real "Top Secret" then you are sadly...sadly mistaken. If it was a "Top Secret" it wouldn't have been intentionally released to the Media and the Public and we dang well wouldn't have more images and videos of it than we have of anything else.

This is a blatant stunt to distract, confuse, and throw off the scent.

It's like throwing a dog a piece of meat when you are going to jump the fence, he is gonna go for the meat not bother with you.

Open your minds and do as the site's slogan says, "Deny Ignorance!"

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Heres a video from Russia Today. So I guess Russia is nervous about it.

RussiaToday — April 22, 2010 — A secret space plane that has been years in the making is now set to launch into the final frontier. The United States Air Force plans to launch the X37B orbital test vehicle tomorrow, to perform a series of tests. Is this the beginning of the United States going above and beyond in space exploration or the beginning of the militarization of space?

Heres a second one from Russia Today.

www.youtube.com...

RussiaToday — April 23, 2010 — The U.S military has launched a new type of spacecraft into orbit from Cape Canaveral. The X37B is an unmanned platform that could be used as a weapon and a means to spy on potential threats. Former director of America's advanced space programmes, Robert Bowman, says the craft could help the U.S use Space for their own military gains....

[edit on 23-4-2010 by JBA2848]

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join