It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cyclical Time - Major Events Repeating Themselves At Set Intervals Over Time!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I recently discovered a very interesting theory which has seemingly avoided ATS scrutiny up until this point.

The information is drawn from The End Of Our Century, a book written in 1980 by Francois Masson.

Masson based his work off the findings of 'Michael Helmer', and coined the term 'Cycology' to describe the phenomena.

The basic idea is as follows - past major events are being 'mirrored' in the future, seemingly organised by differing intervals of the Precessional Cycle of 25,920 years.

From source
In the Cahiers Astrologiques (magazine) of 1960, M. Helmer presented his theory on the cyclic repetition of events, a cycle based mainly on using the Ideal pre-eminent Number 25920 and its factors. Applying his theory enabled him to make many exact predictions both economic and political.

In his account, he gave a special place to the Ideal number, 25920 years.

So Helmer basically discovered a 'pattern' where historical events seem to reflect eachother and repeat themselves over and over.

The events seem tied to some kind of cosmic cycle/calendar if-you-will. This is the same cosmic calendar that the Mayans used in their sciences.

He expanded on his idea.

There are many cycles which have been used by various civilizations: the Manvantara and the Yuga of the ancient Hindus, the cycle of Daniel, the polar or ternary cycle and the Biblical cycle of seven times 77 years.
But every one of these is found in the perfect number, 25920 years, by simple division or multiplication.

Here are the various basic cycles obtained by this method:

25920 / 2 = 12960. 12960 x 5 = 64800 years. The Manvantara cycle.

25920 / 10 = 2592 years. The Daniel cycle.

25920 / 6 = 4320 years. The Yuga cycle in the tradition of India.

25920 / 12 = 2160 years. The cycle of a civilization or a religion and corresponding to the precessional passage from one constellation of the Zodiac to the next.

25920 / 12 = 2160 and 2160 / 2 = 1080 years. The cycle of opposition to what was created at the start of the 2160-year cycle.

2160 / 3 = 720 years. The so-called polar phase or ternary division pointed out by Rev. Father Poucel.

This is where it gets interesting though. Masson demonstrates many defining correlations between certain historical phases which seem to fit his number crunching.

I can't possibly include them all in this thread, but 10 minutes spent on the original link will give you a great insight.

I will provide one such example however - the correlations between the US and Rome.

We will take for example the US, which Michel Helmer and many other observers consider the new Rome: the same spirit of enterprise, the same general morality, the same kind of laws as republican Rome.

The first Punic War that Rome waged against Carthage was from 264 to 241 B.C., which corresponds 2160 years later to 1896-1919.

One can say that in 1896-97 an economic war began between the US and Europe (ed: The Spanish American war?), especially Germany, a struggle made concrete by the Dingley Tariff and which ended in 1918-19 by Germany's defeat, thanks to the decisive American support in 1917.

Furthermore, the USA's world economic supremacy dates from 1919, all the European states having emerged weakened from the War.

The second Punic War, the gravest and most dangerous for Rome, started in 218 B.C. and ended in 201 B.C., which leads us 2160 years later to 1941-42 to 1959.

He continues on and covers World War 2, The Vietnam War, the Cold War and others.

Other comparisons are also made between Cato The Censer and Jimmy Carter, and The French Revolution of 1789 and The Russian Revolution of 1917 in great detail.

From original source
Events do repeat cyclically, but it is never the repeating of the same events but more like an ascending spiral; the similar events manifest in an entirely new context, but their deep roots are identical.

David Wilcock, of Divine Cosmos was the main driving force responsible for bringing this book to light in recent times. He has posted it for free on his website (as you will see when you follow the original link).

I will include his thoughts here as they tend to mirror my initial reaction to these findings - that the historical cycles are potential evidence of a cosmic 'energy shift' which affects everything on the planet in similar but still varied ways.

From David Wilcock
We can now prove that historical events are not random at all. They move and dance in patterns that are shockingly more pre-ordained than we would ever dare to imagine.

Since this book was published, we have painstakingly proven that the effect of the Precessional Cycle is caused by moving through natural, cyclic variances in the aetheric density of space in our galaxy.

These variances have extremely precise effects on consciousness, and as we can see, they are repetitive. This lends tremendous credibility to the idea that as we move through these areas of energetic stress in the galaxy, there are undeniable changes in consciousness that are created and that affect the entire world.

The world transformation surrounding 2012 will be the ultimate change of consciousness, when what amounts to a dimensional shift occurs on Earth.

I also wonder how/if this ties in with the whole Timewave Zero idea?

[edit on 23-4-2010 by srsen]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
More analysis from David Wilcock (am including this as I feel it adds nicely to the thread)

From this source
THE CYCLES ARE STILL AT WORK

Masson's book stops analyzing the cycles of history as of 1979, and I've now picked up the ball where he left off and brought it all the way through until the present day -- and beyond. !

My greatest shock was finding that September 11th, 2001 corresponded perfectly to one of the cycles Masson had mentioned -- within a window of mere days of time!

And then when I was ready to be happy and done with that discovery, I realized I had to go back and see if all the other events in that prior cycle checked out -- and that amazed me even more!

This all just happened in the last few days, I might add. Very, very surprising and wonderful stuff.

What we end up seeing, in the bigger picture, is that time is not linear -- it is cyclical.

We literally cannot go through time without being affected by cycles from the past. There are energies that affect our consciousness, and our free-will decisions, in a much stronger fashion than we would ever dare to believe is possible.

One of Masson's most impressive correlations was in showing that the Watergate scandal was almost identical to an event that happened in Roman history 2160 years earlier -- where Scipio Africanus was accused of corruption, refused to produce the potentially self-incriminating documents, and was forced to resign.

2160 years is an Age of the Zodiac, and this is only one of an astonishing number of parallels between Rome in the Age of Taurus and the United States in the Age of Pisces.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Hey, I think you might find these threads of interest:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Edit: Removed Search-link, didn't work

[edit on 23/4/1010 by jokei]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jokei

Yeah I find all the Timewave Zero stuff quite interesting, though I won't lie - it is a touch confusing.

Either it appears simpler than it really is or I don't quite understand it fully. Either way, what i DO understand of it, I find quite interesting and compelling.

I think 'Cycology' and Timewave Zero both point to a single likeliehood - that we, humans on Earth, are 'influenced' and affected by energies and cosmic forces beyond our full comprehension.

I think they both also point to our lack of understanding of time itself. Quantum Physics states that time is not linear, and I tend to agree. It insists that all time exists at once and that our EXPERIENCE of time is that it is linear.

So perhaps these finds should make us further examine our perceptions of time and reality itself.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Ok check this out.

Great thread btw.

I was doing the math according to this system.

2nd Punic war = 218bc - 201bc

It was used to connect with WW2 right?

Anyways, here is what freaked me out.

If 201 bc = 1959 as you stated above, than this means ::

The Third Punic war was from 149 to 146 bc...

This means that on our present time lime, the Third Punic war (which only lasts 3 years and sets Rome as the ultimate empire for 600years +) will happen in 2011 or 2012.

201 bc - 149 bc = 51 years

1959 to present 2010 = 49years

So that means the Third Punic War will happen in just a few years!!

If I am off a bit, correct me.

[edit on 23-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I would like to show everyone how easily you can play with this numerical cyclical system and actually make sense out of it.

Here is a quote from Wikipedia on the 3rd Punic War (note my above post for reference)
en.wikipedia.org...

"The Third Punic War (149 B.C. - 146 B.C.) involved an extended siege of Carthage, ending in the city's thorough destruction. The resurgence of the struggle can be explained by growing anti-Roman agitations in Hispania and Greece, and the visible improvement of Carthaginian wealth and martial power in the fifty years since the Second War.

With no military, Carthage suffered raids from its neighbour Numidia. Under the terms of the treaty with Rome, such disputes were arbitrated by the Roman Senate. Because Numidia was a favored client state of Rome, Roman rulings were slanted heavily to favor the Numidians. After some fifty years of this condition, Carthage had managed to discharge its war indemnity to Rome, and considered itself no longer bound by the restrictions of the treaty, although Rome believed otherwise. Carthage mustered an army to repel Numidian forces. It immediately lost the war with Numidia, placing itself in debt yet again, this time to Numidia."

NOW, I WILL REPLACE WORDS IN THE TEXT TO UPDATE FOR MODERN TIMES.

My altered text.

"The Third World War (2011 AD. - 2014 AD.) involved an extended siege of Iran, ending in the nation's thorough destruction. The resurgence of the struggle can be explained by growing anti-USA agitations in the Middle East, and the visible improvement of Iranian wealth and martial power in the fifty years since the Second World War.

With no modern military, Iran suffered clandestine raids from its neighbor Israel. Under the terms of the treaty with USA, such disputes were arbitrated by the American Senate. Because Israel was a favored client state of USA, American rulings were slanted heavily to favor the Israelis. After some fifty years of this condition(Israel founded in 1948), Iran had managed to discharge its war indemnity to the USA, and considered itself no longer bound by the restrictions of the treaty, although USA believed otherwise. Iran mustered an army to repel Israeli forces. It immediately lost the war with Israel, placing itself in debt yet again, this time to Israel."

I could totally redo the ENTIRE article on Wikipedia like this.

This cyclical time stuff is EASY to plug and play with!!

[edit on 23-4-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Good stuff and I've been reading about this lately. A good book I'm reading about this is Fractal Time by Gregg Braden or here's a description of it from amazon:

In his latest book, former senior computer systems designer and bestselling author Gregg Braden merges these ancient and modern world views into a powerful new model of time. Marrying the modern laws of fractal patterns to the ancient concept of cycles, he demonstrates how everything from the war and peace between nations to our most joyous relationships and personal crises are the returning patterns of our past. As each pattern returns, it carries the same conditions of previous cycles—fractal patterns that can be known, measured and predicted!

What makes this model so important today is that the returning cycles also carry a window of opportunity—a choice point—that allows us to choose a new outcome for the cycle. Braden suggests that if we can see time from this perspective, the patterns will show us what’s in store for the future, and perhaps how to avoid the mistakes of our past.

After presenting the case histories that confirm the accuracy of fractal time calculations, the author crosses the traditional boundaries of science and spirituality to answer the question that must be asked: What does fractal time tell us about 2012, and beyond? Because the cycles repeat, the seed for 2012 has already happened and the pattern already exists! In a narrative format of easy-to-read science and true-life accounts, Fractal Time shows us what we can expect as we close the Great World Age described by the Mayan Calendar, and the secret to our moment in history.

Source

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
This theory perfectly explains how ancient scripture was able to predict events in the future. It can finally stop the madness of fundamental religion.

But it's a bit bone chilling when it's true and Muzzleflash is correct.
I don't feel like war.

Anyway.
Stars and flag for this mind provoking thread.

Good job

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Crossfate

Thanks for that info Crossfate. I have read two Gregg Bradden books but had no idea about the Fractal Time release. It was Bradden who first opened my mind to the potential and power of the mind. He is a very well read author.

It's funny, what you quoted regarding the book almost parallels my own personal beliefs on this situation! Cool. I will have to make time to give this book a look

reply to post by muzzleflash

That's some interesting work you've done there mate. Good stuff! Though as Sinter Klaas said - a bit of a concern.

And the double scary part is that, as you demonstrated, it is a fairly believable scenario!

However, i do not think that it is set in stone at all. We can and DO have control of our fate. We do not have to sit by and watch these events repeat themselves again and again.

The Lesson

I think there is a BIG lesson here for us, and if this thread can relay this message and only this message I would be very happy.

We can change these events.

It is completely up to us.

if i were to try and pinpoint the reason why these events seem to recycle themselves I would say that the CAUSE would be of cosmic nature but the REASON, well it seems to be a learning tool.

It almost seems as if these patterns exist to allow us, as a species, to learn from past mistakes. Much like themes and events have a tendency to repeat themselves on an individual level they too seem to be doing this on a global/cosmic scale.

If we do not learn from our mistakes we are bound to repeat them. I'm sure there's some famous quote to that effect.

I think that the entire 2012 phenomena could be related to this concept. I feel like it is some kind of MASSIVE opportunity for us all to move forward as a whole in ways never seen before.

If we all change our thinking and ensure these mistakes do not get made again - who knows what lies right round the corner?

So Muzzleflash, while your number crunching is very thought provoking, I do not believe it will actually unfold that way. I think, slowly, we are learning from our past mistakes - IMO, we will move forward this time

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

[quote
This means that on our present time lime, the Third Punic war (which only lasts 3 years and sets Rome as the ultimate empire for 600years +) will happen in 2011 or 2012.

Very interesting,because in Revelation we see the Catholic church coming back into power also,for a very short time!(As I've pointed out in many posts I've made dealing with "end-times" scenarios.)

Fascinating how different perspectives converge,isn't it?

The thing is,prophecy won't change. If it's "meant to be"...it will happen. The Bible doesn't say,"Then they all made up and lived happily after". No.we are going to go through the worst of times imaginable.

There are forces at work that go beyond man's efforts.

I won't derail this thread by preaching. But if I were to do so,it would be merely to say,"Repent. The end is near!"

Just adding my 2 cents worth!

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Hi.

I believe this thread clearly debunks religion ( if true ) and its prophecies.
As they would happen anyway. According to this thread, the end times happened many times before and will happen many times again.

Why would you want to preach anyway ? This isn't the religion forum.
No offense to you but there are a lot of people that really don't believe what you do. So why bother them with it ?

Isn't catholic churge coming in to power because the last pope would be a devil worshipper ? Helping the anti christ to power or something ?

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas

Hi.

As they would happen anyway. According to this thread, the end times happened many times before and will happen many times again.

Why would you want to preach anyway ? This isn't the religion forum.
No offense to you but there are a lot of people that really don't believe what you do. So why bother them with it ?

Isn't catholic churge coming in to power because the last pope would be a devil worshipper ? Helping the anti christ to power or something ?

How does this thread "debunk" biblical prophecy? Honestly,biblical prophecy can't be 'debunked" because it has always been accurate. (Though there are probably plenty of "sources" that would like to prove otherwise!) There's no reason to doubt they will continue to be fulfilled. In that light,and based on what is occuring in the world today,things that have not happened "time and time again",if we take God's word for it,we are definetly coming to "the end of the age"-exactly what many others are seeing through other interpretations,be it the Mayans or whoever!

And yeah,I am getting tired of peaching to people who adamantly continue to deny seeing God's divine plan unfolding. As a matter of fact,I'm considering abandoning contributing to this forum altogether. I came here to preach the gospel and say what I could to get people to see things from a biblical perspective,and to "connect-the-dots",so to speak.There's no doubt that by now people coming here have had their fill of "end-times" warnings. If they don't want to acknowledge God,that's their choice.

The catholic church coming into power with Satan behind him is true. That doesn't deny what this thread is saying,it just looks at it from another point of view.

As a Christian,it has been my duty to sound a warning. That is why I said what I did,but obviously I wasn't making a commotion about it,just saying,"Well,it's going to get alot worse than it is now!" and God would like as many to come to Him that will. That's what the Bible says!

I haven't read the links provided,so maybe I'm missing something,but I have heard about "the fractal universe" before,and thought it was pretty amazing,and that there was probably alot of significant meaning to it. God has established such a remarkable,nearly unfathomable world,that we can always learn new complexities we may never have imagined before. Things going on now even in the heavens and earth have been foretold and as they continue,we can comprehend more and more.(I'm thinking about "the bottomless pit" out of which come many plagues,causing the air and water to become toxic...Volcanoes?)

I have alot more to learn,and I pray God keeps my eyes open to His wisdom and understanding. I am in awe every day from what I am seeing,and I know I cannot put my faith or hope in this world. I can only continue to do what He calls me to do,..to love others and encourage them to seek Him while they can.

As I said,I'm about done here. New people have come along who can continue to echo the alarm. Maybe God has something different in store for me,because I am becoming disheartened here.

I wish you all the best. Most of all,the peace that comes from salvation in Jesus Christ. I mean no offense.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by On the Edge
The thing is,prophecy won't change. If it's "meant to be"...it will happen. The Bible doesn't say,"Then they all made up and lived happily after". No.we are going to go through the worst of times imaginable.

There are forces at work that go beyond man's efforts.

Let me ask you this - are you free to choose what you eat for breakfast? What clothes you wear? What you write in threads here?

Of course you are. You can determine your own fate. So why do you think that our collective fate is out of our hands?

You're, obviously, completely welcome to present this perspective and i'm glad you did, the more perspectives that are given, the better the thread/discussion will become. But let me throw this 'what if' at you.

What if the Bible is not presenting an unavoidable future, but merely showing us but ONE possible outcome.

Almost as if it is saying "if you chose these paths, this will be your future" - and as you said, some of it certainly is not pleasant.

Just curious on your thoughts to that

For the record, I do think it is a possibility that things could get a lot worse before they get better, just as i think the exact opposite is possible. I believe it is our collective choice which decides how the next 'chapter' of human kind unfolds.

If everyone makes the changes within and moves to a more loving space, i think the world and its events would reflect that

Interesting. Your comment triggered a thought in my mind.

Think about Atlantis, Mu, Indus Valley and other ancient civilizations that no longer exist.

Is it possible, through 'reverse engineering' this theory, that we could find the most likely time that these massive catastrophes occurred? I wonder.

Furthermore, I wonder if correlations which exist between the Fall of Rome and the expected upcoming collapse of the US would be mirrored back in time to coincide with suggested dates for the fall of Atlantis and the like.

Someone good with numbers, get to work on this haha

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   

ATS has a lot more haters these days - it's something we have to accept. Just stay true to yourself

Anyway mate, I don't really agree with what you're saying (as per my last post) but i appreciate the manner in which you are saying it.

Just remember though, everyone must make their own choices in this life. I see these choices as learning mechanisms.

Regardless of what happens down the line, if we try to see ourselves in others, accept others and love everyone equally - all will be good.

Good luck with your path.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Mmm... Never mind.

You don't offend me. I definitely appreciate a religious point of view.
But what I do not like is people preaching trying to push their truth on me.
If I want to here someone preaching I'll go to churge. Or in this case, the religious forum. But this doesn't mean that you can't give a biblical point to the thread.

This is the only one thing that offends me. ( Not talking about you right now. ) I hate it when people deny me the choice about where and when I want or search biblical meaning.)

Edit.
God bless you and be well. I'd like to say have faith and don't stop with what you completely support. Just let people make up their own mind and let them decide when they want or not want to hear a preach.

Believe me that it doesn't work like that. The result will be the opposite.

For me anyway.

[edit on 4/23/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Interesting. Your comment triggered a thought in my mind.

Think about Atlantis, Mu, Indus Valley and other ancient civilizations that no longer exist.

Is it possible, through 'reverse engineering' this theory, that we could find the most likely time that these massive catastrophes occurred? I wonder.

Furthermore, I wonder if correlations which exist between the Fall of Rome and the expected upcoming collapse of the US would be mirrored back in time to coincide with suggested dates for the fall of Atlantis and the like.

Someone good with numbers, get to work on this

I don't think it is America the represents Rome I think it is the British empire

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
For the two of you that replied to my post,I thank you for your politeness and the reasoning behind what you are saying,about choices and all. There's no way I am even able to force anyone to believe the way I do,and if I could,that wouldn't be preaching the gospel,which is all about free choice!

I don't believe that things will work out any differently than the Bible says it will,though it would be nice. Christians are looking forward to the kingdom that is to come,but that doesn't mean we are anxious for the suffering that the Bible says will take place first. We are to live our lives as simply as possible and pray for the grace to deal with whatever happens.

I've given alot of thought lately to Predestination. As cruel as it seems,it sounds like God has called some to believe,and not others. I do not question the mind or will of God,for one. Second,I believe enough has been spoken by those like me that people here have heard the message, I don't need to keep repeating it. I know it can be a turn-off.

I see us all as creations of a living,loving God that wants that none should perish. I don't know what God has in store for any of us,and we surely are individuals with unique circumstances and choices. My own family hardly wants to hear from me anymore because I relate everything to the Bible,as I can no longer help but do so. I am just wired for this now and can't turn back,nor would I even if I could.

Thank you again for your thoughtful replies,and I really do pray for your well-being in an increasingly turbulent world. You're all intelligent people with a heart that yearns for truth. May God bless you along your paths.

new topics

top topics

join